Topic: Cave Story (Read 246 times)

• Group: Member
I'm here to tell people about my videos on youtube (might be in the wrong place)

Here is the link to my first video and updates are either every monday or whenever I feel like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfubHHWg23g

EDIT: ya sorry i rushed out the topic  :sweat:

ok basically I walk you through free ware games that hold no copyright so that you may enjoy them. I do not claim to own them and only submit the work as entertainment, if you are not entertained no one is forcing you to watch it. Basically i am doing a walkthrough (not on the first video its just testing out the sound equipment the second one is actually the walkthrough) of Cave Story. It is a free ware pixelated action platforming game. I honestly do not know what its about because I have never finished the game I think its better if people see me lost sometimes it adds a sense of normalcy. Anyway I hope you enjoy I will update my first post with the new youtube videos.
Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 04:25:00 am by 8bit Biff
  • MUSULMAEN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I'm a lazy person that doesn't click links unless I get some description about what I'm  supposed to expect
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
What gun is that? That gun looks like a gay gun. A gun for homosexuals not a gun that turns you gay (that would be very powerful, your enemies would kill themselves!!)

Who are you talking to?

Also I used a text walkthrough to get to hell (if only I had a gay gun) and it is much less tedius because instead of watching someone play for 5 minutes it says "shoot the bad guys and get to the end"
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
yes text walkthroughs are much better don't get me wrong, but i did this for fun and for people (like me personally) who really like to watch those certain videos. 
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
Hmm, well this topic does not belong in General. I will move it to Video & Computer Games, although I can't guarantee whether it will stay open or not.

This sort of topic doesn't lead to much discussion, but there's always the possibility that someone out there is looking for a video walkthrough for Cave Story. This would probably work better at a Cave-Story-only forum.
New video and thanks for moving it to the correct forum. URL here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lgWQg1vWbCc
  • The man in the woods.
You're going to walk US through Cave Story? lol u

GW has already passed the SPEEDRUN HELL phase of this game. If anything... we have nothing but criticism for you! Hell... we even had a topic about getting this to work on PSPs!

What did you use to record this? My fraps doesn't seem to like it.
Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:32:19 am by Chainer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I honestly do not know what its about because I have never finished the game I think its better if people see me lost sometimes it adds a sense of normalcy.

Thanks guy, I LOLed at this.
I can only imagine picking up a walkthrough at gamestop for a new game, getting halfway through and finding "I'm not sure what you do here, I never finished the game. But it's cool, we're in the same boat."
  • Gameboy Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i know don't know what your parents told you but all white guys are racist
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
You do realize that this has already been done.
  • BAA2U
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
What did you use to record this? My fraps doesn't seem to like it.

Try hypercam, works wonders with windowed games/applications.
  • Worthless Protoplasm
The things people bother to make and upload to Youtube really tells something about their mental state of mind
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Fuck off!
"ohh fuck!! fuck!! oooohhh aaahhh!! nwa?? norwegian white africans?? ohhh fuck!!! fuck! fuck... ohh!!"

that's pretty much the only redeeming quality. you suck at playing the game.
yes i do suck at it and im not making a walkthrough I'm making a playthrough. As in you get to watch me suck at a game. Also I used camstudio
  • BAA2U
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
oh yea! a spot to post my cave story skins!

Heres some files to change your main character into:

Mahin

The hungry mimiga from the first village (reduced to fit player size)
Mimiga mask skin: has ^_^ face.

Robot

A non-damaged version of the robot character (also reduced in size).
Mimiga mask skin: uses damaged face.

Mimiga Soldier

An unused character found inside NpcGuest.pbm.
Mimiga mask skin: takes off helmet.

I didn't make them, I just compiled them from images found inside the other .pbm files, and created similar looking animations for the missing frames. To install them, replace your xxxMyChar.pbm in Cave Story\Data with the downloaded file (be sure to back up your old one).
Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:47:09 pm by goat
  • Group: Guest
uh... you said in the first post you were making a walkthrough, not a playthrough..like 3 times.
I have to agree with the above posts...nobody really wants to see a 'walkthrough' of a game we've -all- played to death by someone that doesn't actually know how to beat the game...it's just annoying and infuriating to watch it when you struggle at parts we find easy.

It's a really simple linear game and you've gotta be pretty awful at games to struggle anywhere in completing the game. :/ The only thing you MIGHT need a walkthrough for is accessing hell, which is probably something I doubt anyone new to the game manages first time (without looking at guides in advance).
  • A WARRIOR POET
  • PipPipPip
UMM WHAT THE F*CK THIS IS THE GAYEST SPEEDRUN OF CAVE STORY IVE EVER SEEN / THESE IDIOTS ARENT GOOD ENOUGH AT ZELDA FOR ME

y'all can suck a dick, sometimes it's fun to watch people play videogames. Although admittedly, the dude who did the first video playthrough of Cave Story did do it better than this.

Also, you probably shouldn't worry about recording freeware or copyrighted games, man. There are tons of playthroughs on Youtube and Google Video already and they hardly ever get taken down. Even if they do, it's usually for reasons that have nothing to do with copyright.