News Coup in Ecquatorial Guinea (Read 224 times)

• Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7796902.stm

For any of you who follow various situations in Africa this doesn't bode well at all! :fogetcool: coups are bad news.

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • Fuck off!
  • Group: Member
It's not in Equatorial Guinea, it's in Guinea. Different countries! (there are three different countries in Africa named Guinea alone if I can remember, plus there's Papa New Guinea so yeah lots of Guineas to keep track of!)
Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:07:26 pm by larsdood
  • The Irrepressible
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I really can't tell if this is good or bad. Are they trying to 'purge' corruption, or are they trying to establish a new government. Looks like their elections've been pretty corrupt, with that Conte guy winning three consecutively and 'ruling with an iron fist.' It could be good if they restore democracy, and bad if they just replace conte with a military dictator.

Military coups are the bests.
"I would be totally embarassed to write this, even as a fakepost. it's not funny except in how you seem to think it's good. look at all the redundancies, for fuck's sake. "insipid semantics, despicable mediocrity" ugh gross gross. I want to take a shower every time I read your prose." -Steel
  • Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
It's not in Equatorial Guinea, it's in Guinea. Different countries! (there are three different countries in Africa named Guinea alone if I can remember, plus there's Papa New Guinea so yeah lots of Guineas to keep track of!)

haha god dammit, i had them mixed up yes.

I really can't tell if this is good or bad. Are they trying to 'purge' corruption, or are they trying to establish a new government. Looks like their elections've been pretty corrupt, with that Conte guy winning three consecutively and 'ruling with an iron fist.' It could be good if they restore democracy, and bad if they just replace conte with a military dictator.

Military coups are the bests.

I don't really think military coups ever end up with rulers who have good intentions for their country.

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • Oy yeah baby!
  • PipPipPipPip

I don't really think military coups ever end up with rulers who have good intentions for their country.

United States

Australia

Those two did ok.
$280 USD Donated GamingW

F*CKING Awsome Games that I support!

• I will.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
haha god dammit, i had them mixed up yes.

pretty much every south american country between 1900-1970

and the us revolution wasnt a military coup

a mil coup is when a nation's military overthrows its civilian leadership
boop oop a doop