Games graphics card (Read 1651 times)

• Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
sweet. does anyone have similar recommendations for my price range (250 or so or under) which outclass the HD4890 or should I just go ahead with it

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • now that's what I'm talking about
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
A lot of manufacturers will sell overpriced HARDCORE OC versions of cards with slightly higher clockspeeds but it's really nothing you can't accomplish on your own with a regular version of the card by increasing the fan speed and overclocking it. From a quick google search, it looks like those 4890's can run fine at 1Ghz and above.

Also, does anyone know why video card manufacturers insist on putting some of the dumbest pictures on the plastic fan tunnel/heatsink cover? I bought an aftermarket heatsink for my video card because even though I never see it when the case isn't open, knowing that there's a picture of some CG woman with bikini battle armor on it just bugs me. Why are they paying people to design that embarassing horesehit? Who the fuck does that appeal to?

man i saw this one good videocard with a sweet picture of a dragon i wanted it sobad
fuck it all, dd is dead
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
showing off my video-gamin' dragon power
There's a man with a huge gun on my video card so you know its powerful(like the gun)

*flicks a switch and a green light glows from the window on the side of the computer tower*
Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:28:32 pm by DietCoke
  • now that's what I'm talking about
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
i currently have an 8800 GTS 320, which is pretty good for the games i am currently playing but it's about time for an upgrade right?

man, i have a fucking geforce 5500 fx right now
fuck it all, dd is dead
  • Ò_Ó
Well *I'VE* got a radeon 9600 SE with a broken fan beat that bitch
  • Legio Morbidius
intel gma 915

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I have the same card, 8800 GTS 320 by evga. I think the market is pretty silly right now in the respect that next next gen hasn't really kicked in on PC yet and there is nothing capable of running crysis or GTA4 on full settings. So I would rather wait until that time has passed and get a card that does that for peanuts.
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It's time for you to go retro kiddo.
  • Avatar of something bizarre and impractical
  • It's The Only Thing.
I have the same card, 8800 GTS 320 by evga. I think the market is pretty silly right now in the respect that next next gen hasn't really kicked in on PC yet and there is nothing capable of running crysis or GTA4 on full settings. So I would rather wait until that time has passed and get a card that does that for peanuts.

This has to do with them being horribly optimized, though.
Also, does anyone know why video card manufacturers insist on putting some of the dumbest pictures on the plastic fan tunnel/heatsink cover? I bought an aftermarket heatsink for my video card because even though I never see it when the case isn't open, knowing that there's a picture of some CG woman with bikini battle armor on it just bugs me. Why are they paying people to design that embarassing horesehit? Who the fuck does that appeal to?
studies show that manchilds with neckbeards are 33% more likely to buy shit with TITS & GUNZ on it. consider the target demographic for graphic cards. motherfuckers eat that shit up.

if it's any consolation it's really fucking hilarious when those cards overheat and the picture warps and crumples, turning that sexy anime girl into jungle nigger ninja abe vigoda
hahahaha
  • Legio Morbidius
my current computer i bought used and it's covered with stickers of girls with guns and big tits. i try to cover it with other objects. it's really embarrassing.

Peel the stickers off and wipe off the sticky residue with acetone(nail polish remover)
Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:33:50 am by DietCoke
  • Legio Morbidius
i just noticed this case has a dragon engraved into it. i thought it was a sticker.

i paid extra for a vanity case apparently.

• Legio Morbidius
god that's gay

• *peck*
  • PipPipPip
hey so i want to upgrade my computer's graphics card so i thought i'd post in this topic rather than make a new one.

basically i know next to nothing about upgrading and what's a good deal and stuff like that. i have a budget of 100$ at most and my computer does indeed have a pcie port. the computer itself is basically brand new, it just has a shitty intel graphics card that's really really awful.

so...advice is much appreciated.
  • Avatar of something bizarre and impractical
  • It's The Only Thing.
You should post your computer's specs, Sapsuker. As well as how big your powersupply is.
you could probably find an HD 4770 for around a hundred bucks
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Well *I'VE* got a radeon 9600 SE with a broken fan beat that bitch
Mobility Radeon 9000

Christ it's bad.