RPG [DEMO] Hydration 2: Oasis (ika RPG) (Read 1397 times)

• Comrade!
  • Group: Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeKIUk22wiI

With the king gone mad it's up to Marcus to find an alternate water supply. Includes innovative real time battle system, partially random maps, and hydration system where you have to conserve your skill usage to make it out of the desert alive.

Download
SDHawk Games
ika engine
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I hate to be a douche and all but... your graphics are awful. I would seriously consider using some rips, or improving your pixel skills before you try and pixel a whole game custom.

• Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
This looks interesting, but what was it created in?
  • pimpin' my +4 plumed hat of power
  • PipPipPip
This looks interesting, but what was it created in?
Topic title says it's being made in ika:
http://ika.sourceforge.net/

For this type of game, the graphics are acceptable (though they won't appeal to everyone, obviously)

Btw, has anyone ever made a complete rpg with ika yet?
Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:35:14 pm by SegNin
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I hate to be a douche and all but... your graphics are awful. I would seriously consider using some rips, or improving your pixel skills before you try and pixel a whole game custom.
I strongly disagree with this. I think his art style is a lot more interesting than the usual anime/chipset-edits/rtp we see around here. I'm going to try this out just to see how an ika RPG feels like.
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
ahaha, you're wrong. what a shitty thing to say too. ps i can tell from your avatar that you're a real pixel art master yourself.
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This looks pretty good and if I'm not mistaken you did Lexico which was really, really good.  I'm definitely checking this out, if not for that crab and duck alone!
http://marklisanti.tumblr.com/post/126620624/i-can-totally-relate-harold-i-am-a-farmer-and-i
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I don't have much problem with the graphics except for the sprite of the main chara. And even then...I've seen way worse.
  • Master of Puppets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I actually kind of like the look of this game. It's kind of NES like, but in a good way. My only thing I might complain about graphics wise would be to try to touch up the monster graphics a bit, but otherwise I like it. All of the windows and menus look smooth too.
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
woaah man, I'm gonna' totally play this!
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
ahaha, you're wrong. what a shitty thing to say too. ps i can tell from your avatar that you're a real pixel art master yourself.
Did I at any point porclaim myself to be an expert at pixel art? I'm just saying, I find these kind of graphics to be offputting. Oh, and thanks for reminding me, I'd been meaning to remove that avatar.

• Red Eyes Black Jacket
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The battle system video was interesting, but overall this looks quite rough around the edges.

Don't get me wrong, original graphics are a good thing; but during the battle video I couldn't really tell what was going on right away. (despite the annotations) I love the idea of binding abilities to certain keys for battle though.

On the subject of graphics, aside from what I mentioned earlier; there are certain inconsistencies. Certain objects cast shadows while others don't, the sand textures are kind of jagged and repetitive... As a matter of face, a lot of the game looks like that. Also, the character appears to just SLIDE across the level rather than walk. If you're using a standard three frame animation, try shifting the neutral sprite one pixel down.

All in all, this is a lot more interesting than the screenshots would have one think, you just need to refine things here. You're using a simplistic style; that means it's all the easier to refine things and even animate easier / better.
  • Worthless Protoplasm
I strongly disagree with this. I think his art style is a lot more interesting than the usual anime/chipset-edits/rtp we see around here. I'm going to try this out just to see how an ika RPG feels like.

this

the only thing that turned me off was first thing I saw was the textbox which made it look like an OHRRPGE game and I hate those

and I think this is the first game for Ika RPG editor that's actually been an RPG
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Comrade!
Then you will probably be happy with the next version.

SDHawk Games
ika engine
  • *untis* *untis* ^
  • PipPip
This sort of has a retro feel to it. Kind of charming, I might considering playing it. Also, could you explain the "hydration" concept briefly? I'm just wondering if it'd be annoying have to hydrate yourself. :p
How about no!? You are an idiotic version of a baboon.
  • ::pulls another Hideo Kojima::
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The cave tile is easier on the eyes, at least for me. The desert tile is pretty much the only thing I have a problem with. The monster graphics look like a child drew them, but that isn't a bad thing. I think it gives it a bit of charm.

The new user interface looks a hell of a lot better.
has a girl in his bed. pot in his pipe and family guy on the tube. i like life
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
checked the trailer too. this looks really nice man, i'm kind of excited of this. there are inconsistencies in the graphics and that sort of thing but it's not a big deal. the only thing that would need fixing the most might be the player's sprite. the concept behind the battle system is nice (haste spell looks VERY inviting now), it just needs some clarifying when it comes to presentation - yes, the new screen looks much better.

bottom line: helllll yea!!!! i'm gonna dl and play this soon, fuck dota
Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:14:08 pm by bonzi_buddy
  • Sonic
I like the graphics...they're pretty unique, I think.  It definitely gives the game it's own "look and feel".

Based on the video, that battle system looks very confusing.  I couldn't really tell what was going on.