Attention Calling all developers... (Read 1777 times)

• Group: Member
Hey guys.. Are there any game developers here? I wanted to let you know about a project I'm working on called the Indie Game Challenge. It’s a great opportunity for game developers to get discovered and break into the industry, so I hope some of you consider entering! All of the details can be found here - www.indiegamechallenge.com - but if you have any questions, just reply to this thread and I’ll get them answered!
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I'm not from US but I hope to see a lot of people submitting their RPG Maker games
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
I'm not from US but I hope to see a lot of people submitting their RPG Maker games

That's great! If you know anyone who would be interested, feel free to pass the info along..
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey Tom! We actually just posted an article on our homepage advertising the IGC. Hopefully GW can round up a team and submit an entry or two. Thanks for joining and letting us know!
  • even more eviler than Skeletor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This is either going to get a TON of chaff, or most people will be too intimidated to submit their game.

Also:
All content of each Entered Game component must be the Entrant's original design and creation. Each Entered Game must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant). Any elements appearing in Entered Game, including, without limitation music, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, video, supers or other audiovisual materials used must be entirely original, created and performed by the Entrant, or be in the public domain. Use of any elements, including without limitation music, audio, speech/voiceovers, video, stills, visuals, or other materials that are not original or in the public domain may result in disqualification of Entered Game at Sponsors' sole discretion, unless Entrant has prior written approval from copyright holders to use such materials.
Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 09:33:59 pm by kentona

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
HAHA that just put the whole of GW out of the competition!
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

I know all the rules can be intimidating, but you should definitely still consider entering. If you have any specific questions about what is allowed / not allowed, email [email protected].
Hey Tom! We actually just posted an article on our homepage advertising the IGC. Hopefully GW can round up a team and submit an entry or two. Thanks for joining and letting us know!

It's awesome you guys are supporting this! Thanks for your help!
  • Resident Lurker
  • PipPip

Nah, we have the potential!
what's updog?
  • The Irrepressible
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, technically this is a contest to win money so no-one wants to be sued for some stupid sprite rips. At any rate, alot of our non-rpg-making denizens (read: the people who would more likely win this competition) make their own stuff, so I'm still interested in who enters and how it'd turn out. Hell, I've got 4 months to burn, mayhap I'll get my ass in gear and make something.
"I would be totally embarassed to write this, even as a fakepost. it's not funny except in how you seem to think it's good. look at all the redundancies, for fuck's sake. "insipid semantics, despicable mediocrity" ugh gross gross. I want to take a shower every time I read your prose." -Steel
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Whoa, just read some other details! It's a $100 entrance fee, now it makes sense that they should charge an entrance fee since they are giving away a lot of money! What I want to know is, are there runner up prizes? What happens if you don't win anything, will you at least get feedback on how to improve your game? At least that would be kinda helpful for those people out there who want to see how their indie game measures up against the industry!

EDIT: I don't doubt that there is potential on GW I just doubt how many from GW will be bothered to actually enter this!
Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 09:50:16 pm by SupremeWarrior
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

• So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'm interested, but obviously, super awesum game makers will also enter as well and pwn us all.
So :(

*resumes working on other stuff*

The entry fee is $100

ROFL XD
  • My perfect hair is designed to let air run through it, giving me an edge in any heated situation
  • Pip
I've done one of these before. Failed miserably. Was fun for the two days of being top rated.

Of course, the prize was more like 1000 dollars and there was no entry fee. Yay.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The GW update on this made it clear that applicants from certain states have the fee waived, so I'd look into that if you have legitimate interest in participating despite not having the money.
http://marklisanti.tumblr.com/post/126620624/i-can-totally-relate-harold-i-am-a-farmer-and-i
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
I like how everyone decided to reply in this topic instead of, idk... the mainpage article about it.

GW is going to look dead forever if no one cares enough to comment on the articles.
  • Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
Integrate the site with the forums.

No one has bothered with the mainpage before, why should we now? Give us an incentive
what's updog?
  • professional disappointment
i am gonna make a game called SHOP AT GAMESTOP......OR ELSE and you play fred rogers getting your dreams run over by people in red corvettes

they better just give me that 100k right now i am addicted to many substances
  • So-Called Manga Artist
Too bad it's US only :<
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Too bad it's US only :<

You would win on graphics alone Nessiah, ive seen some of the great stuff you have made.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
I'm interested, but obviously, super awesum game makers will also enter as well and pwn us all.
So :(

*resumes working on other stuff*

ROFL XD
uh, this is how all of these contests are. the igd or whatever it was called was $80.
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden