Attention Calling all developers... (Read 1777 times)

• TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
where did people think they got this prize money in the first place?
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
from selling back used games at 4x the profit... heh
  • even more eviler than Skeletor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I like how everyone decided to reply in this topic instead of, idk... the mainpage article about it.

GW is going to look dead forever if no one cares enough to comment on the articles.
The mainpage is blocked at work by WebSense, but the forums are accessible.   ​

EDIT:  Oh yeah, I have one of those Edge member cards, so it'd only cost me $75

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
Now I wish I was from the U.S....*sigh*

EDIT : Wait, if I understand correctly, non-US can team up with a people from US and let them be your team representative!   Am I understanding this correctly? If so, that mean I still have a chance ,right! :D
Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:36:42 pm by hima
Like our games? Want to support? You can support us by making a donation.

My Projects
Click on the userbar to enter the game thread.

• Genre
    : Shooting-RPG    Status : Completed

• Genre : Bullet Hell Shooting    Status : Completed
[/center]

My Blog http://hima.gptouch.com/
  • Group: Member
I'm interested, but obviously, super awesum game makers will also enter as well and pwn us all.
So :(

*resumes working on other stuff*

ROFL XD

Totally understand that concern - but the challenge is set-up to prevent that. The IGC is open to both professional and amateur developers. Pros are defined as individuals/teams in which any member has at least 2 years of professional game studio or digital creation employment OR has been credited on a published game. Non-pros are individuals/teams in which no member has 2 years or more of professional game studio or digital creation employment OR has been credited on a published game. Hope this helps!
Just wanted to remind you all that the deadline for the Indie Game Challenge is this Saturday, 10/31. So if you're still polishing your masterpiece, you've still got a few days to get it in under the wire. Remember - you have to supply 10 copies of your game.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you in this home stretch. Good luck!
Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:37:50 pm by TomIGC
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I like how everyone decided to reply in this topic instead of, idk... the mainpage article about it.

GW is going to look dead forever if no one cares enough to comment on the articles.

Yeah, it's pretty funny. People are all saying that this contest is a great idea but damn the deadline is Saturday. Guess they should have read the articles 3 months ago and commented on how awesome the idea was back then.

Integrate the site with the forums.

No one has bothered with the mainpage before, why should we now? Give us an incentive

What incentive would you want ? Don't just whine, give ideas.

EDIT: Oh and TomIGC, any plan to have that competition held next year ?
Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:52:32 pm by Shadow Kirby
  • TV people want to leave
Yeah, it's pretty funny. People are all saying that this contest is a great idea but damn the deadline is Saturday. Guess they should have read the articles 3 months ago and commented on how awesome the idea was back then.

i don't get this, are you saying they are three months late or what because almost all of the posts in this topic were from 3 months ago

nobody's late to this

or did you mean something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
closing date is near​

so anyone from here submit?
Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:41:15 am by heroshen
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i don't get this, are you saying they are three months late or what because almost all of the posts in this topic were from 3 months ago

nobody's late to this

or did you mean something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT

Oh God I feel dumb, I didn't even notice the topic was that old.

What incentive would you want ? Don't just whine, give ideas.

EDIT: Oh and TomIGC, any plan to have that competition held next year ?

No word on plans for next year's contest (affirmative or negative). We have to get through this year's contest first :-)
Just wanted to remind you all that the deadline for the Indie Game Challenge is this Saturday, 10/31. So if you're still polishing your masterpiece, you've still got a few days to get it in under the wire. Remember - you have to supply 10 copies of your game.

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you in this home stretch. Good luck!

lol i don't think anybody was have a game ready for release by that date,
  • professional disappointment
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Sorry Tom, I have profanity and thinly-veiled threats towards a certain Eastern European nation in my game. Due to my noncompliance with the official rules, I will not be entering your contest.

Although i have to wonder: Would I have been allowed to submit a game that included defamatory and disparaging remarks about deceased individuals??? This was not made clear in the official game rules.
Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:18:04 am by Hundley
...Would I have been allowed to submit a game that included defamatory and disparaging remarks about deceased individuals?

I'll look into it and try to get an answer for you.
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
To be fair, he wasn't dead when the game came out.
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
Wanted to let you all know that the IGC's judges have been announced! They include representatives from Microsoft, Capcom, Harmonix, Volition, Insomniac, id Software, Zipper Interactive and Vigil Games. Want some names? We're talking industry heavyweights like:

• Danny Bilson, executive vice president, Core Games, THQ.
  • Jenova Chen and Kellee Santiago, co-founders, thatgamecompany, creators of the unique and ethereal games Flow and Flower.
  • Kyle Gabler, co-founder and creative director of 2D Boy, and part of the team that co-created the wildly successful World of Goo.
  • Rod Ferguson, executive producer, Epic Games, who is part of the team responsible for the Gears of War franchise.
  • Alex Seropian, vice president creative development, Disney Interactive, co-founder of Bungie Studios and one of the fathers of Halo.
  • Roger Hector, senior vice president product development, Namco Bandai.
  • Tina Kowalewski, director of external development, Sony Computer Entertainment America, responsible for finding new talent and new games for Sony.
We're just a few weeks away from announcing finalists, and when I know who made the cut I'll be sure to share the info with all of you.
I made a promise and I deliver -- the IGC finalists have been announced! You can check the games and their videos out here and vote for your favorite.

Not only does your vote help determine the winner of the Gamer's Choice Award, but it also enters you to win a trip to the G4TV studios in Los Angeles, $1000 in spending money, and an opportunity to meet gaming guru Adam Sessler.

There are some really neat, innovative games in the finals. What's your favorite?
  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
100$????????????????  damn.. i'm a poor guy from a poor country. what the faq.

EDIT:
oh, it's over..
Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:53:29 pm by Evil Pikachu