Missing post icon Two small questions concerning RMVX (Read 645 times)

• Mystery Solving Musician
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Hey, so as said on the title, I've got two small questions concerning RMVX:

1. I'm working on a game that's sort of a visual novel (or at the least something that has visual novel-esque dialog scenes). I'm using a picture as a text box      instead of system set seeing as I don't know how to change the default one. Here's what it looks like in-game:

The problem is that there's going to be times in the game in which the player must make choices, but when I input "show choices" in the event editor this is what happens:

Is there a way to make the text box transparent during choices, or at the very least a way to change the default system set for the text box?

2. Is it possible to play RMVX games without having installed RMVX/having the engine at all?

Well those are the questions. I'm hoping you guys will be able to answer them for me. Thanks!
  • Hardcore.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
1) You'll probably have to modify some of the script to make it transparent.  It's probably a simple edit, like changing one number or adding one line.  If you don't know RGSS2 you should look into it!
2) Yes, as long as you don't use any resources that you don't include with the game.  That is to say, any RTP stuff you use will have to be copied over to your game's folder.
Admiral Robert E Lee: From an alternate reality in which the United States is an archipelago and the Civil War is fought at sea.
To do #1 without coding, check the Graphics/System folder for your RTP and look for the Window file. Edit this to your heart's content, then put the edited file in your game's Graphics/System folder, or (preferably) import the file and set the proper transparancies. The game should automatically override the RTP Window system set and change all windows to your new set.
<RPG> contra's depth is an illusion, it's not sustainable for a real story
<RPG> it's just fun, with fun gameplay
<RPG> rpg players ask "where did the robot come from"
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Well it works for me, just put an empty message box with transparent checked and then show choices
  • Mystery Solving Musician
  • PipPipPipPip
Thanks guys! Didn't know it was that simple. Now I can also edit the default system set as well.