Movies District 9 (Read 3888 times)

• Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

Quote from: Wikipedia
District 9 is a 2009 science fiction film directed by Neill Blomkamp, released August 13, 2009. It takes place in Johannesburg, South Africa. District 9 is based on Alive in Joburg, a short film directed by Neill Blomkamp, Sharlto Copley, Simon Hansen and Shanon Worley. The title and plot elements are influenced by the real-life District 6 in Cape Town. Copley also portrayed one of the interviewed policemen. The short film is about aliens landing in South Africa and becoming confined to a specific area and forced to work.

Anyone seen this movie yet, it's currently on 94% at Rotten Tomatoes with only 3 from 50 something bad reviews. Might be seeing tihs tonight so I'll elaborate a bit more once Ive seen this.
[/center]

• Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i'm hopefully seeing this sometime this weekend.  i've been following this movie for quite a while now and i'm really looking forward to getting to see it.  glad to see its scoring positively
  • I fear and I tremble
I'm gonna try to see it tomorrow (it opens tomorrow in the us right?) in New Orleans if the theater isn't packed to hell
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Lichens!
yes it comes out tomorrow, a lot of places around here are actually doing a midnight showing which i am very surprised about, but since I have to work tomorrow in the morning, it is a no go for me.
  • Avatar of something bizarre and impractical
  • It's The Only Thing.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I was waiting for this topic to be made. I am very excited about this film as it has been getting excellent critical reception, but that's not necessarily accurate so I hope to see it in theaters soon.
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Yeah I wanna see this also. Didn't Peter Jackson produce it or something? He's overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Saw it last night, and I reckon it was REALLY good. When I got home from the cinema last night I was still digesting the whole thing but by the time I had I realised it was a really good movie. You need a while to think about it afterwards before you really settle on your opinion.

It's definately one of the better sci-fi movies in recent years.
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
My big turn off watching the second trailer and promotional stuff, was all the action shit. Is there a good balance between the documentary stuff and action, or is it all about shooting shit with critical acclaim?

EDIT:
So Roger Ebert says the third act is all shooting shit.

I might pass idk.

I hate shooting shit man.
  • Lichens!
My big turn off watching the second trailer and promotional stuff, was all the action shit. Is there a good balance between the documentary stuff and action, or is it all about shooting shit with critical acclaim?

EDIT:
So Roger Ebert says the third act is all shooting shit.

I might pass idk.

I hate shooting shit man.
psyburn you are such a girl
  • Lichens!
if psyburn was directing it it would be 2 hours of alien interrogation where we slowly discover the true character of the aliens and how the interrogation effects the lives of everyone and how it morally impacts us

theres only 2 characters in this movie and one set

also shaky cam and  bad lighting
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That does not sound like a psyburn movie at all

edit: most psyburn films take a mundane thing and make it...deadly...

rap battle...bulletball of death...

those are the only two i know

edit edit: but yea the 2 characters 1 set thing spot on
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • The man in the woods.
You are the reason why people get discouraged from posting and new members refuse to stay.
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
me?

I'm sorry, I'll try to be better :(

ps: looking forward to this movie. I like aliens, and I like aliens being oppressed by humans (humans are th' best...fuck th' universe)
Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:05:55 am by Rajew
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • Worthless Protoplasm
I'm surprised if this is actually any good because from the commercials it looked about as subtle as getting smacked in the head with an air conditioner
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Psyburn: Yeah, Roger Eberts pretty much right about the last third of the movie kind of being more shooting shit focused but overall it's a really good movie. You should go see it. I'm thinking of going and watching it again.
  • professional disappointment
it's really alarming how much this movie looks like one of those amateur hack efforts made by a bunch of kids with good computers but no acting ability or understanding of how to actually tell a story.

what is actually worthwhile about this movie? it almost sounds vaguely appealing, but the trailer looks extraordinarily stupid and what i have heard about the execution of the story is more reminiscent of some dumb videogame story(see: dark sector)
  • ::pulls another Hideo Kojima::
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
seems to me that people are trying to make movies seem more like video games. (which isn't a good thing)

i don't think there's been a single good film released this year.
has a girl in his bed. pot in his pipe and family guy on the tube. i like life
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
seems to me that people are trying to make movies seem more like video games. (which isn't a good thing)

Cannes had a phenomenal line up this year.

Plus they've been so many gems man, The Hurt Locker, 500 Days of Summer, not to mention all the films getting critical acclaim abroad. I don't know what you're smoking man.

To say that when a near perfect film like The Hurt Locker just got wide..............
  • professional disappointment

i think that nowadays the act of NOT making a movie is much more admirable than actually making a movie

i should win an academy award for my stunning indifference and lethargy
  • I'M ON TV, I'M ON TV!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

http://gamerthemovie.com/