Movies James Cameron's Avatar! (Read 9168 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
i think you best get comfortable psyburn these are not even close to the last of the people that are going to be asking that question

i'm glad i don't know anything about this or the airbender one cause id hate to be the one to explain to everyone the difference

also that trailer looks like a generic scifi channel movie, and sam worthington is a terrible actor
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
wow this looks like complete garbage. the visuals aren't that fantastic and the aliens look really annoying. they have the facial features of autistics. i have no sound at the moment though that may have swayed my impression (i'm sure the dialogue is incredible)
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
I dig blue chicks so I'll see this regardless of how bad it is.
  • Ò_Ó
I nominate Jame Cameron for best avatar 2009.
  • Buttshit.
The main alien character is immensely, monstrously uncanny and the CGI fails to impress in 2009 but it might still turn out ok, I hope this is the first of a lotta new cameron movies.
valves industrial valves tanks and valves valves and ball valves excess flow valves control valves valves industrial solenoid valves quality valves expansion valves check valves gas valves automatic drain valves gate valves air valves relief valves
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I was wondering what all those pictures of blue horse-people were from.  Hard to say if this will be good or not, but it's at least visually interesting.  I can't believe this isn't some obscure comic book adaptation, though.  I can't believe there are two "Avatar" movies released so close together.

keep posting...
  • The MONSTER that lives inside of your COUCH!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1208038/Avatar-How-James-Camerons-3D-film-change-face-cinema-forever.html

guys, that.  there.  that's what the big deal is.  A new kind of 3d technology that's supposed to make it SUPER LIFELIKE.  Apparently the 2d trailers aren't really an accurate representation of the 3d "experience".
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
phew!! i'm relieved!!
  • TV people want to leave
Yeah but who gives a shit about new 3D technology if it's used for generic sci-fi?
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
i probably won't be able to tell the difference thanks to divx compression
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • Gameboy Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
sorry cgi is not up to my standards *scoffs*
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1208038/Avatar-How-James-Camerons-3D-film-change-face-cinema-forever.html

guys, that.  there.  that's what the big deal is.  A new kind of 3d technology that's supposed to make it SUPER LIFELIKE.  Apparently the 2d trailers aren't really an accurate representation of the 3d "experience".

RPG was clearly wrong. This doesn't look like a videogame at all.

It is a video game for fuck's sake! James Cameron is going to change the face of the movie industry by turning it into the fucking video-game industry? It's rather brilliant though, you just put yourself on the cutting edge of cinema producing computer technology and suddenly you don't have to make an original story ever again! How backwards and up it's own ass does the world have to be to look at something like that at face value and consider it something that is actually good for cinema?

It saddens me to no end, because we all know it's going to be used in the third transformer's movie, and the first two parts of the trilogy will look like dog-shit compared to it, and thus no longer fit in the trilogy. (Maybe Michael Bay can just make the first two transformer movies over again. It's a pretty good idea because they would make just as much money as they did last time.)
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
3d visuals make a film a videogame?
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Is this original or based on yet another animated/vidcon/comic book series?

sounds like it's a fantasy version of the Matrix.
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
3d visuals make a film a videogame?

Hell no. I didn't say that at all.

Giving something 3d visuals and equating it as the same thing as 'innovative' or 'creative' is what the videogame industry has boiled down to. And this film is proof that this backwards paradigm is slowly being shifted to the film industry even as we speak.

Saying the film industry has become the same thing as the videogame industry is quite different from calling a film a videogame, so I retract the last statement I made as a gross over-simplification of the matter.

James Cameron's Avatar is not, I repeat, is not a videogame. (despite how much I would like to believe that to be true)
  • Worthless Protoplasm
ahahaha

yeah those are just about the most unappealing aliens ever, I still think the best CG was that squid guy from Pirates of the Carribean. I didn't even know he was CG until somebody said it - or maybe I thought his tentacles were cg but the rest was just prosthetics
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Lord of Hotmogs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
it looks like a video game... and not in a good way

I was wrong. I really enjoyed it.

The plot is dumb (Dances with Wolves in space, but not as good), but it's was a great experience overall. I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but I did. It's more of an amazing experience rather than a great movie.

About it being a video game, the story is dumb and unoriginal but still works. James Cameron is a talented director and it shows. I'll admit that the technology is the main appeal though. Can't wait for a movie using similar technology to tell an original and not-as-predictable story.
Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:09:47 pm by RPG
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I really think this could have worked out so much better if M Night was put in charge of this movie instead, and just have James Cameron direct the Last Airbender movie.

At this point, I am genuinely convinced it would have worked out 1000% better for both movies that way.
Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:08:49 pm by EvilDemonCreature
  • Captalist pig :|
  • PipPipPipPipPip
lol what?
  • Lichens!
this would've been better if michael bay had directed it