Politics Retarded wireless internet problem (Read 327 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Ok so my computer gets this virus called braviax. awesome virus really, it installs a spyware software that wont let you run other spyware softwares and is irremovable by most, so I reformatted my comp.

i ran both the OS installation cd that came with the comp about a year and a half ago, and then I ran the drivers cd. From that, I had neither the wired connection icon or the wireless in my taskbar and couldn't find a way to add them without setting up a new network, which is dumb cause there is already one running.

anyhow my friend downloaded a bunch of drivers and stuff from dell and finally got the wired connection up and running, but still no wireless. we updated windows, updated all drivers, updated IE and firefox, i have the newest service pack or whatever from microsoft... I don't know what else to do. there is not even a mention of wifi among the control panel or network connections or anything.

Help! I have the network key in my hand ready. It sucks because I only have a 5 foot ethernet cable and it sucks sitting next to the router!
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
make sure your lan settings are set to detect automatically (internet explorer>tools>internet options>connections>lan settings)
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Firefox is my defaul, will that change anything now that the settings in IE are set to detect? Unfortunately it didn't seem to work!

The difference I am seeing now from before my comp was reformatted, is the taskbar not having both a wired icon and wireless icon. I think I mentioned that before but that icon is what I used to get to the windows where I picked which network to connect with. Those windows/tabs are nowhere to be found either, which is the weird thing. I can't even get to the list of wireless networks in the area...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Also I have a program called Wireless Configuration Utility that is in the start menu and also in the control panel, but it simply won't open! No error or anything, but it acts like it is going to run for a second and then nothing happens!