Project [DEMO] War Photographer (Read 249 times)

• Group: Member
Been lurking for a while, but now that I have something to share I figured I'd jump into the fray.  AANNNNDDD I thought you guys might be interested in this game I'm working on. 

The central mechanic is using a camera to take pictures.  An example would be keeping certain things in focus (say, a wounded child) while other things are out of focus (say, the guy who accidentally shot at the kid).  Different photos convey different meanings and, thus, are worth different things to different parties.  For example, a rightwing newspaper might want a heroic looking American soldier giving aid to a village or a sinister photo of a leftwing politician.

The most current build of the game, which is a bit like a sandbox to try out the mechanic, is up on the IMMUNITY competition page at http://musegames.com/community/immunitychallenge/, but I will be iterating--regardless of the competition outcome--a new build approximately every two weeks.  Those will live on my blog at http://www.bentropy.com

I would love some feedback on the mechanic.  All of the art and white text stuff is temp while I try and really nail the mechanic and make it fun.  Some things to expect in the next version: refined controls, an auto-exposure/focus to make more action-packed gameplay possible, picture valuation based on objects in the frame and how they have been composed.
  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
SOunds lik BGaE..
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I tried the demo and yeah, it's a bit rough around the edges (I even fell in some hole in the ground) and the controls are not perfect. There is also a lack of feedback, mostly auditive, but I get that this is an early built. But I am totally sold on the concept. The idea of shaping truth by putting things in focus and other out of focus, great metaphor. You can be sure that I will be keeping an eye out on this and get the word going around. This is a breath of fresh air that the game dev community on this site really needs.
  • Here are some of their hands
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
def. keeping an eye on this!