Dev - RM2k3 What else could I do? (Read 1302 times)

• Need Rippers...... -_-
  • Group: Member
I am making a game that I have several different job classes that I can easily implement within the rm2k3 engine without too much coding:
Summoner, Black Mage, White Mage, Blue Mage, Warrior, Thief, and Elementalist (one who learns skills from the environment only during battle). And in order they learn their skills by:
Summoner: Beating the summon to learn it.
Black/White Mage: Buying spells from shops and learning them.
Blue Mage: Learning spells from enemies as they cast them.
Warrior: Learned as they level up.
Thief: Buying an item and just having it in possession gives him the skill.
Elementalist: Only learns the skills in battle and based on environment and the level they are at.
Can anyone else suggest a few more classes to implement and how they would learn skills?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Dark Wolf
Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism - My Film Professor
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Coming up with ideas for new classes is literally the most fun part out of all the parts of RPG design. Why the hell would you leave something like that up to other people to do instead?!

Also shouldn't there be a final-fantasy wikipedia out there that lists every single job class they have ever used in any Final Fantasy game and just go through even more of those for your job ideas?
Here are a few of the ones that you have not yet listed: Monk, Dragoon, Mediator, Green Mage, Time Mage, Ninja, Samurai. I'm sure there are more, but the only final fantasy with job classes I can remember off the top of my head is FFT, and even so I'm pretty sure I haven't listed all of those even. Also I didn't have the time to list various ways of how you could teach those classes their abilities, but I can leave those up to other people visiting this topic.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Ninja - Learns a new move everytime he visits the ninja school
Samurai - Learns a new move for every 25 other samurai he kills
Time Mage - Learns a new move each time he gets a hold of a special type of sand to fill his hourglass
Monk - Learns a new move each time he successfully blocks against another unknown monk move
Dragoon - Learns a different set of moves with each different spear they equip (doesn't keep moves when spear is unequipped)
Alchemist - Creates new spells with ingredients found from bosses
Bard - Learns a new song when it finds all the pieces to an incarnation
Beastmaster - Learns a new set of moves with each beast it tames
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
Pothead - Can only leavel up by using herbs, lots and lots of herbs. Allows Confusion and gets you deals in the herb shop.
Drunk - Can inflict Fear and Blindness. Allows full rejuvination while sleeping outside.
Homosexual - Stay at the Inn for free in exchange for a much higher monster encounter rate.
Diplomat - Pay the monsters to take a hike, but you still get the experience.
RottGuy - Feign Death - The battle ends in defeat and then is immediately restarted with you having First Strike. Can only be used once per battle and cannot be used on bosses because then they rape you.
Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:46:54 am by Mikemc

Quote from: Evangel
You can't run from your past, S4D. YOU CAN'T RUN FROM YOUR PAST!
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
Pothead - Can only leavel up by using herbs, lots and lots of herbs. Allows Confusion and gets you deals in the herb shop.
Drunk - Can inflict Fear and Blindness. Allows full rejuvination while sleeping outside.
Homosexual - Stay at the Inn for free in exchange for a much higher monster encounter rate.
RottGuy - Feign Death - The battle ends in defeat and then is immediately restarted with you having First Strike. Can only be used once per battle and cannot be used on bosses because then they rape you.

Somebody make game using these, please.
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
already on it

edit-
Pothead

edit2-
Drunk

edit3-
Went and animated mr.pothead.
Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:14:23 pm by JMickle
www.jmickle.com
  • Stand back, dragon! Do not touch her!
I am making a game that I have several different job classes that I can easily implement within the rm2k3 engine without too much coding:

Not to be a raging dick or anything, but if you're looking for the easy way out, game design may not be the best undertaking for you.

Every single class you outlined comes from Final Fantasy, so I say just to go with what's in those games if you're establishing some kind of theme.  In that case, check out these games for class ideas:

FF1
FF3
FF5
FF10-2
FF11
FFT
FFTA
FFTA2
  • Need Rippers...... -_-
Thanks, Massy was most helpful. ^_^
Dark Wolf
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Cupboard - it has a lot of defense and a "TRAP" skill that can be used on enemies to... trap them (they can't attack for a few turns). It's very slow but can be equiped with different kinds of armor (iron, steel, titanium-beryllium alloy) to vastly increase it's defense.
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

The homosexual class is broken. The two abilities mesh far too well. (you would always want more battles if you can sleep for free whenever) Would he just have this ability in lieu of having any skills? Because I would think a homosexual would have a few skills at least.

Like fashion or something.
Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 04:26:10 am by Bat #2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
RPGMAKER HUMOUR

Seriously do these jokes make your friends laugh or what?

heh heh pothead

edit: not to be a raging dick or anything but you guys need better jokes
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
does anyone like my sprites or what?
www.jmickle.com
  • I know your secrets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Here are my premium role playing game produc
ts I have been saving just for you.

Ace wRiter
- He creates a story so powerful the monster is swept of his feet and transforms into an anime with a heart of gold.
Catbot - The catbot is very fast and very hungry. No, you do not understand. He is VERY fast and VERY hungry. He is powered by the hearts of the children of Japan. pkmn not involved. ..
Girl - She is a white mage or maybe a ninja. Very powerfull! Sh e saves YOU from the dragon, oh what a twist!

Luigi Galvani - If any Mario brothers come by he is not one of them and will electrify them with his insights.
Paladin - hes... GAY  :welp:

make good use of these, they are my only children

edit: JMickle those sprites are okay but they look kind of flat and seem a bit out of proportion. Maybe that's what you were going for.
It's very easy for me to sit here and say this, but I don't think they sound very original. Nothing wrong with them, and they will probably work very well. But they are also very safe choices. I'd rather see some really off the wall classes with huge differences, far more then just minor differences like how they aquire their next skills. Especially different classes that were used completely differently. For example you could have a TimeMage who could allow you to move forward and backward through battles, so you could retake actions.

They would also be far harder to implement and think up.
  • Need Rippers...... -_-
well, my goal wasn't necessarily meant to reinvent the wheel. Its very hard to do that nowadays since many of the popular ideas are taken already. But I am trying to give the player a bit more freedom to choose the party he/she wants to work with. You see, you start off with a summoner who is always with you, but you can pick and choose from the rest how you want to flesh out your party. And can swap them in and out whenever you feel like you need a change or need an ability. But swapping characters in and out of the party will result in an overall low party level average. So its up to you.
Dark Wolf
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
RPGMAKER HUMOUR

Seriously do these jokes make your friends laugh or what?

heh heh pothead

edit: not to be a raging dick or anything but you guys need better jokes

It's in an RPGMAKER TOPIC though. I mean, what the fuck did you expect, Dane Cook?

You need to spend a little more time with your own friends, and spend a little less on commenting on other people's comments in RPGMaker topics.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It's in an RPGMAKER TOPIC though. I mean, what the fuck did you expect, Dane Cook?

This explains everything!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
In other news I think very few people actually understand what "DarkFlameWolf" wanted. He didn't just want classes he wanted classes with easily identified and straight-forward means of gaining power that didn't overlap terribly much that could also be executed somewhat easily in Rm2k3. Massy2k6 delivered, I'd say. I think between the original classes and the ones Massy provided you should be set, Wolf.
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

jesus do you really think dane cook is funny?  not only funny but THE GO-TO GUY FOR HUMOR?

this topic is a lot funnier than dane cook
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I guess it was an inappropriate moment to attempt irony.

My bad.