Dev - RM2k3 What else could I do? (Read 1302 times)

• Need Rippers...... -_-
  • Group: Member
Jack hit the nail on the head. Thanks again.
Dark Wolf
Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism - My Film Professor
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
@JMickle
Those sprites would work best in AGS I think, but they do look really good :)

How about a Dope class? You do lots of damage but usually it is inflicted on your own team mates or a total miss.
Maybe Rand0 to # = x, IF x = 6 THEN spell targets ally...?
It'd be like Russian Roulette with a Railgun.

As for the Homo class, it'd be more of a sitcom version where they are really fruity and 'ew a bug!'. And then you stay free at the Inn for helping with the housekeeping. Maybe the downside is you cannot use weapons cause you're a chicken.
Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:39:07 am by Mikemc

Quote from: Evangel
You can't run from your past, S4D. YOU CAN'T RUN FROM YOUR PAST!
  • professional disappointment
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
midgit - is small, can be sold to slave traders for lot's of gil
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
pfff Sell off your party members

• Need Rippers...... -_-
So here is the alchemist:
Alchemist: Learns skills based on various combinations of enemy drops you have in your inventory. (like pointed horn or slime oil combine to make some such skill) Sell those items and you lose the skill. Also, all your restorative items get increases in the amount they recover as long as the Alchemist remains in the group.
Dark Wolf
Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism - My Film Professor
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Green Mage/Time Mage: Learns skills from shops later in the game. (Capable of learning to cause nearly every type of status buff/status ailment between both classes.)
Monk: Learns new skills based on the overall number of "attack" commands issued to the party throughout the entire game. (New skills support aggressive strategies.)
Mediator: Learns skills by counting the number of unique NPC's you've talked to throughout the entire game. (New skills support strategies involving diplomacy somehow.)
Ninja: Prone to leave the party at unexpected intervals. Always returns knowing a new skill.
Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 03:33:25 pm by Bat #2
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
What about the red mage? He/she can learn black and white magic but cannot specialize in one.
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Please don't make the "homo" a class- a whole class based on sexual stereotypes is  a bit harsh, Dont'cha think? I wouldn't mind seeing 1 or 2 characters that happened t be gay, and I Will admit to creating a class that requires  alternative sexuality as a prerequisite, but that's not quit the same, IMHO. And as a joke, not that funny.

If you're gong to use the base classes, put some minor twists in them at the least to make your examples stand out a bit. Maybe mix two existing classes to create a new one.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
Lmao.. My post was a joke, he seems to be looking for some serious classes :)

• The Lone Warrior - Jaffer The Battousai
Sellsword - A mercenary.  Strong, but every command consumes money instead of (insert special points here).  Will not act if you have no money, may flee from battle automatically.

Arch Samurai - A Samurai that has abandoned the code of Bushido, such that he values his own life more than his leaders.  If in killed, he will turn against you for a period of time after resurrection.

Enchanter - A purely support character.  Can endow elements onto other peoples weapons (or onto monsters) for a number of turns.  Can change a monsters element by moderate chance to a random, new element.  Specific, unique supportive skills, but not very many of them.
Chakra Spindle Progress ~
CMS - 99% (What if something happens!)
CBS - ~5% - Mostly just (really poor) sprite work!

Desperately in need of a spriter~
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
As I Said, I suspected it was a joke, but I didn't find it that funny.

I'll throw down  a few off-the-wall ideas:
my "Purple Mage" who specializes in rainbow magic and charm spells that target enemies of the same sex. B/G/L is a prerequisite for the class. They wear an inverted purple forehead make in the 3rd eye position and purple robes and work best in pairs that are life partners.
Another idea is the "Trap," A bishounen variant of a rogue that h=uses his androgynous good looks to his advantage by masquerading as a woman and getting their suitors to buy then expensive rare trinkets. THE Traps usually end the "Relationship":' by getting their targets drunk or spiking the drinks with sleep powder, then stealing the poor guys  blind and hightailing it. Not necessarily any use in game mechanics but great for story purposes.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
@JMickle
Those sprites would work best in AGS I think, but they do look really good :)
if your up for it i will make some rpgmaker sized ones and we can make a gmae out of it.

show these fools what a REAL rpg maker gamm is

hit me up with a PM man
www.jmickle.com
  • One Winged Angel
  • Pip
Pothead - Can only leavel up by using herbs, lots and lots of herbs. Allows Confusion and gets you deals in the herb shop.
Drunk - Can inflict Fear and Blindness. Allows full rejuvination while sleeping outside.
Homosexual - Stay at the Inn for free in exchange for a much higher monster encounter rate.
Diplomat - Pay the monsters to take a hike, but you still get the experience.
RottGuy - Feign Death - The battle ends in defeat and then is immediately restarted with you having First Strike. Can only be used once per battle and cannot be used on bosses because then they rape you.

Haha, ok, now this might be a game i'd actually play.