Games New Game Blog: Recruiting (Read 714 times)

• Group: Member
I'm walking around with this desire to speak my mind about games, and a game blog would be the perfect place to do so. The thing is, I don't want to do it on my own. Therefore I try airing the idea of starting up a game blog with intelligent and experienced gamers from around the web, which of course includes you people.

Could this be an interesting thing to do? Starting from scratch, writing about anything game related that you feel confident of writing about. I like Wordpress, but the platform can be a topic up for descussion. I've recently started a game blog of my own here: http://mertesgameblog.wordpress.com/, but I'd rather join a team effort: more updates, more readers.

So, how does this sound? Anyone interested?

Visit me at naggynerd.com
  • Avatar of something bizarre and impractical
  • It's The Only Thing.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Post them as articles on the mainsite!
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah you should write for Gaming World.
Isn't the main site pretty much dead?

We need fresh creative people to update it really. A lot of the original members of GW are either working full time or in Uni so the creative juices are a bit secondary. The guy who was one of the main creative forces behind GW's blog last year died tragically very recently so there has been no-one really to take the lead and publish things to the mainsite. It would be nice if we could keep this place alive with media and articles, it's just finding someone with the time and drive to do so.
Hmm.. well I don't know if I can write only about indie games. It feels a bit limited.

• junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
your avatar is amazing

oh yeah videogame blog

idk
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
Hmm.. well I don't know if I can write only about indie games. It feels a bit limited.

You can write about any games or music or whatever, not just indie games I think. You should PM Drule, we do need a few new writers.
You can write about any games or music or whatever, not just indie games I think. You should PM Drule, we do need a few new writers.

OK. Well, I can always ask him.

• TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

i was always under the impression it was only about indie games but idk at this point i don't think any articles would be turned away
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i was always under the impression it was only about indie games but idk at this point i don't think any articles would be turned away

Yeah, I don't think we should limit ourselves to one subject. I wanted to start writing more general stuff but like ed said, with all 3 of my university papers plus a critique due for the next few weeks, I'm kinda tied up. So yeah, more people writing for the main site means less risk of everybody writing for the main site (Drule, ase, me) getting busy with work/school.
I am writing an article and making mini-site for the new troubs which is coming out in the first week of the new year. I am off for christmas in less than a month so I will have ample time to do odds and ends then.

I think that the main blog should be about anything of interest to the userbase. That said, if you wrote an article about the mating habits of giraffes people don't have to read it but some people would still find it interesting. I don't know what the admin's policy is on the content right now but I believe it should be like this. Anything goes as long as it is interesting to the userbase.
Well, I can write blog posts about games. But I wouldn't want to violate any site policies.

• Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I don't think that there is any admin policies about what goes up in the main site. I mean, there's a post about Drule's comic and that's pretty far from being game related. Also ed, anything that is interesting to the community or that could help get new members is great in my opinion.
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
your avatar is amazing
I have never seen a better avatar
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
I'm going to PM the admins linking them to this topic k k.
  • Dead man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I have never seen a better avatar

Sloth oddly enough makes a fine Avy.
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

My sloth is my loyal companion. We also share intimate moments.