Dev - RM2k3 Dragon Warrior: Rise of the Heroes (released source, canceled project) (Read 659 times)

• Group: Member
Dragon Warrior: Rise of the Heroes has been formally canceled, after 5+ years of on and off development.

Information (in the form of past forum topics) on this game can be found here and here.

The source release is compatible with rm2k3.

All resources within are released here, and may be used as you see fit. Please give credit where credit is due. Some resources are Brazington, whereas others are ripped by me.

All Maps may be re-used in your future projects. Please give credit if you use any of my maps. The mapping is the most complete part of this source.

Whats not included: Many scripts (in txt files) have been omitted from the source release, as many elements from the scripting (storyline) are going to be incorporated into a new project of mine. Most story related material was left in the gamefiles, but some of it has been left intact.

Download links:

Download links are separated into game files and rtp. There is also a single download package containing all files (links fixed).

Download Full package: Main Mirror

Download in pieces:
Gamefiles: Main Mirror
Music/Sound RTP: Main Mirror
Other RTP: Main Mirror

RoTH Playability Patch: Main Mirror

Extraction details: For the full package, just extract the folder into your rm2k3 projects folder and your good to go.
For the pieces downloads, extract the gamefiles first (contains the games folder). Then extract the two RTP packages into the game folder in order to properly install them.

If you want to actually be able to play this game, you'll have to also install the playability patch. This patch installs some missing rm2k3 resources. Simply extract the patch into the gamefolder after you have the source fully extracted, and the game will be playable.

Keep an eye out for the new project, Dragon Quest: Heroes Awakening. I am keeping this project within the limitations of my abilities, so it will see public release. I have made a promise not to duke nukem forever my new game, and I intend to keep it.

So thats it! Enjoy touring the massive world that I had envisioned. There are multiple layers to it, including: Zenethia, Overworld, Underwater, Underworld, Ancient World.

Some footnotes (Will add more as they come to mind or any questions come up):
- Press <Shift> on the overworld to access underwater. Use docks or hold <ctrl> (in test mode) to get to passable space. Enjoy what I thought was a cute dw-style submarine when I made it.
- Game relies heavily on the keypad. (+) opens the custom (broken) menu system.
- Press (9) on the overworld to cast a 'return' spell (teleports to Annix).
- in 'Annix' You can use one of the npc's outside town to summon an airship (spawns on the overworld).
- The main way to the underworld is through an enterance that is underwater. This enterance is southwest of Alphan.
- The source itself is missing a few files that mainly only prevent the game from being played. To make the game playable, you will need to download the RoTH Playability Patch.
Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 12:06:52 am by Mattdk
Dragon Warrior: Rise of the Heroes has been formally canceled, after 5+ years of on and off development.

Information (in the form of past forum topics) on this game can be found here and here.

The source release is compatible with rm2k3.

All resources within are released here, and may be used as you see fit. Please give credit where credit is due. Some resources are Brazington, whereas others are ripped by me.

All Maps may be re-used in your future projects. Please give credit if you use any of my maps. The mapping is the most complete part of this source.

Whats not included: Many scripts (in txt files) have been omitted from the source release, as many elements from the scripting (storyline) are going to be incorporated into a new project of mine. Most story related material was left in the gamefiles, but some of it has been left intact.

Download links:

Download links are separated into game files and rtp. There is also a single download package containing all files (links fixed).

Download Full package: Main Mirror

Download in pieces:
Gamefiles: Main Mirror
Music/Sound RTP: Main Mirror
Other RTP: Main Mirror

Extraction details: For the full package, just extract the folder into your rm2k3 projects folder and your good to go.
For the pieces downloads, extract the gamefiles first (contains the games folder). Then extract the two RTP packages into the game folder in order to properly install them.

Keep an eye out for the new project, Dragon Quest: Heroes Awakening. I am keeping this project within the limitations of my abilities, so it will see public release. I have made a promise not to duke nukem forever my new game, and I intend to keep it.

So thats it! Enjoy touring the massive world that I had envisioned. There are multiple layers to it, including: Zenethia, Overworld, Underwater, Underworld, Ancient World.

Some footnotes (Will add more as they come to mind or any questions come up):
- Press <Shift> on the overworld to access underwater. Use docks or hold <ctrl> (in test mode) to get to passable space. Enjoy what I thought was a cute dw-style submarine when I made it.
- Game relies heavily on the keypad. (+) opens the custom (broken) menu system.
- Press (9) on the overworld to cast a 'return' spell (teleports to Annix).
- in 'Annix' You can use one of the npc's outside town to summon an airship (spawns on the overworld).
- The main way to the underworld is through an enterance that is underwater. This enterance is southwest of Alphan.
The file dw cannot be found...
  • Split into many...
  • PipPip
wow
Sephiroth - whats with the quote-post?

A playability patch has been released on rpgmaker.net and on woodus. I will now update the topic here to include the patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys. If you want to actually 'play' the game, you'll need the playability patch.

Edit: Top post updated with patch link and information.
Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 06:44:37 pm by Mattdk
  • pimpin' my +4 plumed hat of power
  • PipPipPip
That damn quotation mark bug rears it's ugly head yet again  :fogetangry:

Here's the fixed link to the playability patch:
http://rpgmaker.net/users/Mattdk/locker/DragonWarriorRotHAlphav180Patch1.rar

(There's a quotation mark on the end of the link that was posted, that needs to be removed.)
That damn quotation mark bug rears it's ugly head yet again  :fogetangry:

Here's the fixed link to the playability patch:
http://rpgmaker.net/users/Mattdk/locker/DragonWarriorRotHAlphav180Patch1.rar

(There's a quotation mark on the end of the link that was posted, that needs to be removed.)

Strange bug, fixed the link thanks.