Mac Mac Design programs? (Read 203 times)

• Group: Member
Greetings to all.

I used to frequent this board in my freshman year of high school, and consistently got my ass chewed out for my lack of maturity.  Now that I am back (and hopefully now more mature being a freshman in college), one of the more significant changes is that I'm now on a Mac.

And please leave the mac bashing at the door.  I know they suck for gaming and overpriced but I bought one for some reason or another and what's done is done.

So.

One of the things I tried to do back in my freshman year was design games.  And I sucked.  Anyone remember Metul Vonner?  Yeah.  That was me.  I'm shuddering at the memory.

Anyway, I want to get back into some basic game design.  Does anyone know of any RPG maker-like GUI game design programs that work on a mac?  I don't have the time to do any serious code based designing unfortunately.

Anyway, thanks for the help.
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
http://developer.apple.com/games/gameenginesonmac.html

or you could boot in windows, continue where you left off with your masterpiece using any of the makers you probably already know.
First I need to get my hands on a windows install disc for my bootcamp to be worth anything. 

And trust me, the ideas I had were far from masterpieces haha.

Thanks for the link though, I'll check it out.
I ended up downloading Unity.  I'll probably have to familiarize myself with some aspects of coding before I can get much done, but hey, it's a step in the right direction.

Thanks again.