Project Project Ideas (Read 295 times)

• Group: Member
Here are some ideas I have.

Make of them what you will.

The End War Chronicles: Star Saga

A three part story.

The basis of the story is that world as we know it was created by two gods, one who was based in light energy in one who was based in dark energy.  The gods were benevolent, and created the universe together, but they were unable to foresee that their light and dark creations would clash with eachother.

This led to the creations of the light based Guardian Angels and the dark based Guard Daemons.  These are more or less human with the souls of angels, so they get some cool powers.

The End War legend states that both Guardian Spirits will one day see the creation five of their kind at once, each with a birthmark of Star (for the angels) or Pentagram (for the Deamons) on the back of their right hands.  These two groups are destined to lead their respective sides in the Universe-spanning war known as the End War.

The game follows the Star as they attempt to complete that task.

This story is much more fleshed out then what I have posted here, so if you want more information, please ask.

next idea:

The Dark Ones (possible title)

This story isn't nearly as fleshed out but:

Our universe is one of several organized into a giant universal ring that is moving steadily through time.  Each universe is temporally ahead or behind the universe adjacent to it by about one millenium, to prevent the formation of a universal feedback loop.

The universes are held inplace by dark matter, and dark energy keeps them in their correct timeframe.  Furthermore inbetween the universes is the Mainframe, a network made of dark matter, which in this state is the physical form of knowledge.

Creatures called the Dark Ones are able to use dark energy and matter to control space and time, as well as hop between universes.  They can also access the Mainframe and gain access to interuniversal knowledge for short periods of time (connecting to the Mainframe indefinitely would cause one's brain to basically explode.) The dark ones function as a sort of interuniversal police force.

Now here's the story: a scientist has found a way to manipulate dark matter and energy in such a way that he can access the Mainframe, however the process causes the universes to align temporally which, unbeknownst to him, would form a Universal feedback loop and basically destroy everything.

You play as a dark one who tries to stop him.

I may include a sub-plot which fleshes out Dark One culture, but that isn't important to know for this introduction.

So.  What do you guys think?

• It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Interesting, and some very good ideas. However I'd suggest renaming the two marks n the first example, as "pentagram" is merely the familiar "magic" star symbol, thus causing confusion. One solution is to use the term "Bright Star" for  the "upwards" version and "Dark Star" for the "inverted" form- not perfect, but one idea.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
Thanks for the suggestion.

My original intention with using "pentagram" was that it can also be connected with Satanism.

It makes more sense if you know the whole story, mainly because the god based in light energy is the one we call God and the one based in dark energy is the one we call Satan, and in this version, the two gods decided that one of them should be portrayed as evil so that his domain would be something the creatures of the universe would fear as punishment.  However, Heaven and Hell are both their own self-contained after-lives in the same  universe (a universe separate from the one we live in) and they each have places of Paradise and places of Punishment.  Which one you go to just depends on whether you are descended from Light or Dark.

I'm not sure if that makes my reasons for choosing Star and Pentogram any clearer, but there's my attempt lol.
  • The wise elder said "Never give up".
Sounds like the second story has the necessary potential of becoming a good game, I'd like to thank you for not making that scientist a villain, because I have no intention of running around trying to stop great villains. :)
Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:19:16 pm by ShiveringWind
My Touch Based ABS - First vid. [It's not finished yet. I made a new one Based on coordinates anyway].
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llk2FLmFAuU
Sounds like the second story has the necessary potential of becoming a good game, I'd like to thank you for not making that scientist a villain, because I have no intention of running around trying to stop great villains. :)

Thanks I think?

Anyway, I'm planning on buying a windows install disc today, and will somehow get my hands on the most recent incarnation of RPG maker soon after.  And then later, I'll begin production on one of those things.

As for the Dark One's story, the main issue it has is that I need to invent some monster types that the Dark Ones get to fight on a regular basis.  Luckily, I have a few ideas.
  • The wise elder said "Never give up".
A question:

Will you be able to control the dark one's abilities, or will they occur during the story?

My Touch Based ABS - First vid. [It's not finished yet. I made a new one Based on coordinates anyway].
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llk2FLmFAuU
A question:

Will you be able to control the dark one's abilities, or will they occur during the story?

I'm planning on making it with RPG Maker, and the Dark One's will have combat based abilities that you can control in the fights.  Also, in my mind, the weapons they use are manifestations of dark energy that they make themselves, so that also is a usage of their power (I haven't quite worked out the weapon obtaining system though, and will nail that down more thoroughly once bootcamp and the best rpgmaker download I can get my hands on ae up and running)

The Dark One you play as will also have travel based abilties.  The ability to hop between universes requires the creation of a dark matter portal, but this will probably just be a glorified teleport system.  I imagine the time travel will work much the same way, with each "world" you can teleport to having 2-3 timezones you can hop between (and hopefully I'll be able to make the map sets mach each timeframe) but again, this will probably just look like a glorified teleportation/warp thing.

Mainframe access will solely function as part of the story however.

Also, I've made the decision to move forward with The Dark Ones as the my project, and again, once I have everything up and running, I'll probably start a devblog and all that fare.