Design which RPG maker? (Read 400 times)

• Group: Member
Prior to this project, I've worked almost exclusively with RPG Maker 2003 for the PC and RPG Maker 3 for my PS2.  Now that I'm about to start developing again, I'm wondering which version of RPG Maker the populace of Gaming World finds most effective?

I've done some of my own research onto the subject, but I'd like some more opinions of people who have spent a lot of time developling with these programs.
  • Sunflower of the Jollyflower Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Trivial question. On for a bandwagon, go for VX, and RM2K3. But if you know some scripting or programming, go for RMXP or RMVX.

RMXP may be laggy but your game presentation can be great due to best mapping.
RMVX has blocky mapping, but it's like RM2K3 for higher generations.

In the Works:
[RM2K3::SFF-RPG] Wailing Mongooses in Gildepazzo

Under Hiatus/Literary Work mode:
[Lit/Rm2k3 :: Interactive Drama] NetGame Saga PROTOTYPE
[RMXP :: RPG] NetGame Saga
  • The wise elder said "Never give up".
What Pipcaptor said would probably be enough, but you may also consider other programs like Sphere [you ][/you].
My Touch Based ABS - First vid. [It's not finished yet. I made a new one Based on coordinates anyway].
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llk2FLmFAuU
I'm not a terribly skilled programmer.  I used to know BASIC pretty well, I've dabbled in Java, I know HTML (but that's not going to get me very far with game making lol)  and I've read the wikipedia articles on other languages.
  • The wise elder said "Never give up".
Well then I'd go with VX/RM2K3... Or vx with 2K3 graphics, what ever you like. :O
My Touch Based ABS - First vid. [It's not finished yet. I made a new one Based on coordinates anyway].
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llk2FLmFAuU
Lol thanks for the advice now to go get it.