4 10.3%
Not unless it is something really exciting
7 17.9%
No, I subscribe to websites just so that I don't have to look at them
0 0%
NEVER
24 61.5%

38 Total Votes

Poll Do you ever click on internet advertisements? (Read 476 times)

• Indica Inhaler
  • Group: Member
Simple question.

Do you ever visit the ads you see on sites like Facebook or Myspace and the google ads that you see on other pages and search engines?

For me, it happens rarely.

And when you do, do you ever end up using/signing up for the product or service?

I'm trying to decide how I should market my book.
Check out my writing at http://jasongdunn.blogspot.com
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Absolutely never, but good luck marketing your book however you choose to do it!
  • Dwarf Giant
  • PipPipPipPip
Probably three times in the 11 years I've used the Internet. Never bought anything though.
  • Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I clicked never because I never did on purpose.
  • Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
NEVER how they pay per click if no one buys their s/??? lose $$$ yeah thats what i thoughj
  • I know your secrets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i use an ad blocker.
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
sometimes on accident
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
With viruses and all that jazz on the internet, clicking on an ad should be the last thing on my mind.
  • rap singing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Don't use net ads man, if anything they might make exposure but it'll be at the cost of negative sentiment towards it. Try to find some blogs who will review it, send out some free copies, post on book forums (don't spam, but if you genuinely think it's good offer part of it free or whatever). Really just look to the reading/book review community and if it's good, word will spread. Be proactive but don't go overboard or you risk alienating.
  • Indica Inhaler
Absolutely never, but good luck marketing your book however you choose to do it!

thank you, luck always helps, especially the good kind  :)

NEVER how they pay per click if no one buys their s/??? lose $$$ yeah thats what i thoughj

that can be the worst part about trying to promote something. if you do it wrong all you do is lose money.

Don't use net ads man, if anything they might make exposure but it'll be at the cost of negative sentiment towards it. Try to find some blogs who will review it, send out some free copies, post on book forums (don't spam, but if you genuinely think it's good offer part of it free or whatever). Really just look to the reading/book review community and if it's good, word will spread. Be proactive but don't go overboard or you risk alienating.

hoping to find a cheap solution for the time being as im not neccesarily trying to go to a publishing company just yet. ive never really had success with selling anything over the internet really. to me people are 1000x more likely to purchase an independent product in person rather than over the net unless has some kind of mainstream "seal of approval" or media hype. a lot of people seem to trust big brother more than the common man. i havent really started posting anywhere except gaming forums, because that is where ive usually lurked. but i suppose ill seek out an actual book forum... if i can find a good one.

concerning the main topic, there are a lot of independent sites out there that link to affiliates and other similar companies that arent through ad words and can be a legitimate way of finding something valuable.
Check out my writing at http://jasongdunn.blogspot.com
  • Firbolg Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i use an ad blocker.

Same here. I find websites to be much nicer places to visit without having a ton of pop ups and banners all over the place.
Gaming World Mini City: Population, Industry, Transportation, Security Current rank 3950.
Click a different link each day.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Try using project wonderful if you have a website for the book.
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Sometimes I do it so the webmaster can earn a penny
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • *untis* *untis* ^
  • PipPip
I'm one of those people who assumes EVERYTHING IS A SCAM. So no.
How about no!? You are an idiotic version of a baboon.
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I don't but I think those lowermybills.com banners are masterpieces of postmodern art or something

like they seem really careless and thrown together from clipart but have you ever seen clipart that looks that awful I think it's all premeditated for months and made transparently in this clipart style and probably layers of weird occult symbolism in there somewhere I know this fucker has seen Jacob's Ladder for one thing otherwise I don't know how he'd conceive of some of these animations. Like that's one if there's a video-clip sort of thing I'm pretty much certain it's selected frame-by-frame and maybe even compressed in this exact way and not actually compressed but ran through filters to look that way or something or done in an aesthetic way like when they artificially age the film for parts of movies

but yeah I watch movies of people being ripped apart by bears for fun and those ads upset me and freak me out

Edit: oh yeah I do have some thing that basically blocks out any known URL that's ads and stupidshit but it was done as an antispyware thing because I got this fake antivirus YOU COMPUTER MAY BE INFECT (I am just a lonely hacker from China with no microsoft spellcheck) and I freaked out and overdid it with spyware protection like any good american would (taking a good idea and overdoing it to ridiculous extremes(KFC Double Down))
Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:17:17 pm by Ragnar
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Global Moderator
Man, I have a compulsion(or tick if you will) that causes me to randomly click any mouse that I use in a violent way, so this sometimes means I accidentally click on ads. I never do it intentionally though - UNLESS THERE IS AN ATTRACTIVE PERSON IN IT THEN I CLICK ON ANYTHING!!!!
Hey hey hey
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Man, I have a compulsion(or tick if you will) that causes me to randomly click any mouse that I use in a violent way, so this sometimes means I accidentally click on ads. I never do it intentionally though - UNLESS THERE IS AN ATTRACTIVE PERSON IN IT THEN I CLICK ON ANYTHING!!!!
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaust
  • Pip
I'll click text ads if what they're advertising is bizarre enough. Banner ads, no, but I'll certainly save some of them to my "WTF ads" folder.
WombatRPGs