Topic: Wait!... what! FinalFantasy MMORPG? on PS3? (Read 1246 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I was looking through Amazon when I decided to check the price for FF XIII, I'm waiting for it to go cheap because im a 'cheap bastard' when I realised what I was looking at wasnt XIII but XIV and it appears to be a MMORPG for the PS3. This is the first I've heard of this and so far it seems to have kept itself rather quite.

Did I miss a topic/thread on this because I find it hard to believe no one has bothered to even mention this yet!?

Whats the deal?

How do you feel about a FF MMORPG on the PS3? Do console MMORPGs even work compared to one on the PC?

Im not sure what to think of this. But I'm kinda excited, why? I dunno.

Maybe this is old news and I just missed it, if so.. catch me up.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
FFXI was on the PS2. It's not touching any new ground really

• Dead man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
And I think it was stated near the beginning of development of this game it would be on PS3.
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
FFXI was on the PS2. It's not touching any new ground really

it was?

I'll be interested to see how well this does.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • DragonSlayer o_O
it was announced like a year ago, at last year's e3 or tgs. and i wouldn't get my hopes up since it pretty much looks like ff11 v2 and ff11 blows. the reason no one mentions it here is because (hopefully) no one cares.
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • PipPip
I don't know man the combat looks a lot more fastpaced and it looks a lot better graphics wise. I don't think they are going to follow the ff11 formula to a T and while it was a pretty bad game there were some good ideas present and I hope they bring the game up to par with them.

I'm semi excited because I always felt FFXI could of been way more better than WoW if it was just a little quicker in the grind.
  • thx ds k?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah i have no interest in mmorpgs but FFXI had some really good ideas. just executed very poorly.
  • <Custom Title here>
  • Pip
Not really my thing but for anyone interested, its supposed to have a September 30th global release.
  • I r TEH DrAgOn RaR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Im still waiting on Suikoden 6(mmo)
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'm assuming the game won't actually look like this http://ps3.kombo.com/images/media/960572_20090603_screen009.jpg but if it does this is like the first screenshot to get me pumped for a Final Fantasy game for years. I dunno know why I just hear that theme song from Final Fantasy IV playing in my head

this one if you can't look at a screenshot/movies of a recent final fantasy game and play this track over it and it doesn't seem to MESH or whatever it's not a real final fantasy game sry it's still square selling out
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Gigantic Megaman danceing time!
  • PipPipPipPip
it was announced like a year ago, at last year's e3 or tgs. and i wouldn't get my hopes up since it pretty much looks like ff11 v2 and ff11 blows. the reason no one mentions it here is because (hopefully) no one cares.
as a guy who still plays FFXI and has been watching FFXIV since it was called codenamed 'rapture' I think i can say beyond the similar graphics and familiar races the two games don't have much in common, beyond the stuff most MMOrpgs(and FF games) have in common anyways and even then, they've got a few ideas that they are hoping will make them stand out.

As for playing FFXI on ps2, its no problem as long as you have a usb keyboard(no mouse needed, in fact the mouse sucks on the PC version as well, most people use keyboard only or controller and keyboard on PC).  Of course on the pc version you can get windower which can make the game a bit easier to play(and look way better).
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
but if it does this is like the first screenshot to get me pumped for a Final Fantasy game for years. I dunno know why I just hear that theme song from Final Fantasy IV playing in my head

All that runs through my head when looking at that jpeg is that apparently whenever you put boots on a chocobo and look at him from directly behind, it makes him look exactly like a nerd in a shitty big bird costume.

Also a group of well-armed adventurers overlooking an impossibly open and expansive landscape just won't do it for me anymore. FFXIII killed that experience for me quite easily (and I didn't even have to play it myself).
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
if it's anything like FFXI, it will be awful. my roommate plays that game a lot and it looks just terrible and not any fun at all.
http://www.fallingbot.com/
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
FFXI was terrible and awful but it had a lot of really cool ideas and atmosphere and if this can match that but with them better implemented I will be so happy
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
FFXI was terrible and awful but it had a lot of really cool ideas and atmosphere and if this can match that but with them better implemented I will be so happy

Ok, take what you just said, and replace 'FFXIV' with 'any Final Fantasy title that has already come out'. Then replace 'FFXI' with 'any FF that came out before the FF you are using to make this comparison'.

If you want to guess whether or not this new Final Fantasy game will actually meet the expectations you just set for it, I think you'll have your answer right there.
  • Scanner
Final Fantasy XIV is PS3 exclusive because Microsoft didn’t want it.

Just felt it was worth mentioning. Thought the idea was kind of funny.
  • Ultimaweapon9
  • PipPipPip
Eh I hate MMOs.  It seems weird that they're wasting "numbered" Final Fantasy games on MMOs.  Seems like more of a spin-offy thing to do.
  • VILLAIN
  • Group: Administrator
Final Fantasy XIV is PS3 exclusive because Microsoft didn’t want it.

Just felt it was worth mentioning. Thought the idea was kind of funny.
Why is there always a whore in the character lineup of a Final Fantasy game?

And why is it usually a guy?
  • VILLAIN
  • Group: Administrator
  • Gigantic Megaman danceing time!
  • PipPipPipPip
that's the subligar eq set from ffxi, you either hate it, or love watching people complain about how much they hate it when you're wearing it in an xp party