Topic: Need Help With Cms (Read 123 times)

• Group: Member
Ok is there anyway to make your CMS calculate the DBS Currency? For example if I got 516 gold in battle from the DBS how would I make that show in my CMS? It's confusing me a little bit, so if anyone knows how I can make this happen please explain. Using Rpg maker 2003 also.
Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:19:21 pm by Footaay
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Make a variable, name it and then in the Variable Operations, click Other and in the drop down list choose Money. That will get the amount of money that your party has and you can use it to display the amount of currency in your CMS.
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

Thank you but I need a little more help. I would like an example of what the code might look like it's a picture CMS I have all the numbers for picturs and what not. Someone please help me out.
  • *untis* *untis* ^
  • PipPip
I'll be honest. If you aren't familiar with such a basic function of RPG Maker you shouldn't be making a CMS just yet.
How about no!? You are an idiotic version of a baboon.
I can get most stuff to work, I got a timer, location and all the menu functions availble, like inventory and what not. Not all of it's done but it's a pretty good start. I know a way to do it easily but that would involve a branch with every number and I want my currency to go to 999999 lol. I get setting the party curreny to the variable, I just dont know how to set a currency counter with it then making it show. If I get this example of how this works then I will be able to get a lot more stuff to work. Heres a pic so you can see what I need a little better. PLZZZZ HELP :)​.
Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:45:29 am by Footaay
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Ok, I know exactly what you're looking for. It's a relatively simple piece of code that we were all given back when we were newer to the program, so don't feel bad that you couldn't figure it out on your own. You have to use the modulus command in Rm2k3 to be able to split a number into its various digits (ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the code.

Basically the top section of the code is the most important. You need to create 4 variables, one for each digit you will want to retrieve. (ThousandDigit, HundredDigit, TenDigit, and OneDigit). The first thing you do is set all the those variables to be equal to whatever number you want to split (in your case, money). Then for the next line of code select your HundredDigit as your variable, Modulus as your operation, and the number "1000" as your operand. Do the same for the TenDigit and OneDigit, but using the modulus value of 100 and 10 respectively. Then the next line of code you do ThousandDigit minus Hundred Digit. After that, HundredDigit minus TenDigit, and finally, TenDigit minus OneDigit. Your last three lines are to divide the ThousandDigit value by 1000, HundredDigit by 100, and TenDigit by 10. That's it! You've successfully split a number into all its separate digits.

So if your money was 1456 gold, after you run that line of code these would be what the variables would end up as:
ThousandDigit = 1
HundredDigit = 4
TenDigit = 5
OneDigit = 6.

Your next lines of codes would just be what to do with that info. Basically, it would just be 4 sections of conditional branches, one for each digit, with 9 branches in each section (for digits 1 to 9). In my case I have 9 possible pictures (the numbers 1 to 9) and in each branch I just show that digit using a show picture command in the appropriate coordinates of the menu. In the end you only have a few branches instead of thousands if you went about doing this the long way.

Hope that helps you out!
Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:47:37 am by Mateui
THANK YOU. I will let you know how this works for me.
  • *untis* *untis* ^
  • PipPip
Ah, nevermind. Mateui understood you and I didn't. Oops. I assumed you meant that you couldnt figure out how to set currency to a variable.
How about no!? You are an idiotic version of a baboon.