Bye Goodbye, farewell and sayonara (Read 3204 times)

• Dead man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
but she's from kentucky

So add little salt and it will taste like chicken. Rght.... I like your idea reminds me to rub some shake n bake first on it.   
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• Group: Guest
Didn't say I was leaving did I? I'm just saying theres options we had that are much more attractive and appealing not only to the eye and ear but also to New potential members...
Whos gonna search up and join a forums about Salt movie? (sorry for the stab, GW err SW is better than that movie..)
We don't want people who find us by googling for GAMES either. What we do want are intelligent people who aren't turned off as soon as they see our name, which is exactly what we've avoided by straying from being called "gaming"-something.
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
what drule said plus
I'm just saying theres options we had that are much more attractive and appealing not only to the eye and ear but also to New potential members...

the thing is if they were so much more attractive and appealing why didn't they win the vote?  sorry but this is HUGELY subjective everything you are saying is stuff that applies to you personally and like i said there is no way to please everyone so the reasonable thing is to do a vote and go with the vote and that is what happened
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Same old song and dance my friend.

I don't care about the name as long as something gets done.
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
what drule said plus
the thing is if they were so much more attractive and appealing why didn't they win the vote?  sorry but this is HUGELY subjective everything you are saying is stuff that applies to you personally and like i said there is no way to please everyone so the reasonable thing is to do a vote and go with the vote and that is what happened
I thought that Gracious Winners was leading the poll but in the end it didn't matter. It seems like Drule had it predestined that we were going to be called Salt World and the poll was just merely an illusion of free will.

:fogethmm:
  • TV people want to leave
I thought that Gracious Winners was leading the poll but in the end it didn't matter. It seems like Drule had it predestined that we were going to be called Salt World and the poll was just merely an illusion of free will.

well i didn't keep up with the polls until the LAST MINUTE but every time i looked at it salt world was in the lead and it did seem to be the most popular suggestion in a lot of the topics we've had about this.  don't you think that if drule was going to name it something purely based on his own self interest he would have gone with astrojone?  you make it sound like nobody at all was into the name salt world
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • chmod this
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
Vellfire, quit sounding like an old salt.  :bangtoss:
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Every ship has its old salts, mate.

We don't want people who find us by googling for GAMES either. What we do want are intelligent people who aren't turned off as soon as they see our name, which is exactly what we've avoided by straying from being called "gaming"-something.
Um as far as I knew we were taking all comers.
Anyway I'm glad to see not everyone is going. *gives Massy some agar* Eat up, buddy.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Pip
Goodbye my friend. See you in RPG Maker paradise.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i know ive said this before but jesus christ dday
  • VILLAIN
  • Group: Administrator

That was the second poll, the first poll had Salt World in the lead and it ran for much longer.
  • Dead man
i know ive said this before but jesus christ dday

I know you love me. Are you feeling left out I'll rub salt on your vagina too.
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That was the second poll, the first poll had Salt World in the lead and it ran for much longer.
Well yeah, and since it was the second poll I assumed it was the final one. What was the point of it in the first place if the first poll was all we were going to use?
  • PEW PEW PEW
I didn't even know there was a second poll. it must have only been up for hours
  • I'll see you on the dark side of the moon~
  • PipPipPipPip
Is anybody 'leaving' going to actually leave or just go back to lurking like they were before any of this happened?

Take it from somebody who has dramatically exited this place twice, there is no true point in ever saying bye! Gaming World owns our souls.
  • VILLAIN
  • Group: Administrator
Well yeah, and since it was the second poll I assumed it was the final one. What was the point of it in the first place if the first poll was all we were going to use?
Don't know, but I was complaining to Drule that some of the options in the poll were added too late which made it a bit unfair to those late additions. But what's done is done. The poll was up for only a little while though because everything had been set up and was ready to go and there wasn't really a reason to keep waiting anymore.
  • Ò_Ó
Who gives a frog. Let's do this. Let's post.
  • Action RPG Demi-God
  • PipPipPipPip
*wonders who else is left in this place*

Bart, RPGGoddess, Nightblade, Senior Behemoth, Sovan Jedi, Legacy001, Jumar1987, Phatradeph, Tenchu, Erave, Medieve, Pyrate, Alucard, DrFunk, Lars, Kaworu, Jeff, Marcus, Dragonslayer, Ramirez, Rusty, Rowain, Darkpriest, ASE, GamemasterX, Wackfiend, Masterpaul, KermittheToad, Panda, DeathJester, headphonics...

I know I'm forgetting a crapload of people.
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Global Moderator
Do not fear, I am far better than all those antiquated throwbacks. FAUST IS ON THE CASE, and is worth ten thousand Eraves, fifty Kermits and 0.5 Senior Behemoths. No wait, 5!

PS: rami and DS are still around aren't they? I see them on IRC whenever I log in :o . Plus Pyrate came back FOR A DAY a few months ago!!! Also Jeff is posting now, and what the fuck is a GamemasterX???

Except for maybe DarkPriest... I MISS HIM SO ;_;.

PS: Bringing it a little more on topic, I originally HATED the name Salt World as I didn't understand it, but I did vote for it on the topic as the best choice. I can't think of a better name and, as Drule said, GamingW may return as a sister section of the overall SaltW, so that is pretty good times.

Now I've gotten used to saying "Salt-wuh" instead of "Gaming-wuh", it doesn't sound that bad at all. Plus we get to call ourselves "salties", which just adds the icing to the cake

Take it from somebody who has dramatically exited this place twice, there is no true point in ever saying bye! Gaming World owns our souls.

Hear hear! :D !!
Hey hey hey
  • Ò_Ó
panda and headphonics are the same person