Art - Finished Sound Request Thread (Read 204 times)

• It's coming along nicely...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I'm not sure if this will catch on, but I have a request myself.

I need a short sound effect: the sound of someone blowing on a jug. Or at least something close to it. I've looked around free music/sound sites but I can't seem to find anything like it.
Sweet online game in alpha.
http://trisphere-rpg.com/index.php?refer=bucchus
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I can't help you out with this but I just wanted to say why is it so hard to find free sound effects?  A while back I needed a sound effect of dice rolling and I could not find any for free.  This is such a BASIC SOUND yet everyone in the world who has ever recorded it insists on being paid.  I ended up having to record my own it was so dumb.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Split into many...
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
One of the best sound archives I ever came across was the one from Ragnarok Online. All you need to do is download and install it, and quite possibly you can grab the wavs straight from one of the folders in its installation directory. There is a slight chance that you need a simple ripping program to extract them from a different type of file. I am not exactly sure though, as it has been such a long time since I did it myself.

Anyone looking for a collection of generic sound effects and especially game specific should check it out.
  • It's coming along nicely...
  • PipPipPip
I appreciate the advice, but "generic" and "game specific" sounds  are exactly what I'm trying to get away from, haha. I'm actually finding that there is an annoyingly large amount of clicks, beeps, bops, bonks, bongs, dings, zips, and zooms online. Enough to make my ears bleed. But when I want a sound from a jug (which is actually a musical instrument), I can't find it for the life of me.
Sweet online game in alpha.
http://trisphere-rpg.com/index.php?refer=bucchus
  • Split into many...
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
Yeah, I can see that. The majority of the sounds are of pretty high quality, though. With a fair amount of them probably being created from real word sounds. I don't think that exactly addresses your concerns, but if it is a grating and overly generic quality of sounds that you are trying to avoid, it may.