Art ANNOUNCE: THIS YEAR'S CHRISTMAS ALBUM (Read 204 times)

• The MONSTER that lives inside of your COUCH!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
i return from occasionally lurking to announce this year's christmas album
The Loneliness
much in the vein of last year's christmas album christmas is dead but different subject matter

it'll be released probably on December 23rd and feature a DIFFERENT DRUMMER than all of my other stuff.  no hints as to the concept, but it's fucking ridiculous.  silly.  absurd.

i know you're all just dying to discuss this so let it ensue
  • Master of Puppets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Cool, but what happened to Matt?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hes still around hes just been busy as shit with school and cant make a session this weekend happen.  partially my fault for trying to do this so last minute.
  • Master of Puppets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I downloaded this (there is a download to it in the CHRISTMAS IS DEAD link on his sig) and I like it a lot. Not quite as much as last year's, but it's still really nice. I think it's great that you changed it up musically and added some rock elements. This feels like a much darker group of songs than your previous installment. I really think the lyrical themes are cool with all the deep thoughts and feelings of God and Joseph and whatnot. I like Conception the best out of the songs.

My biggest gripe is how short it is. It doesn't really have the same sense of completeness that Christmas is Dead had.

Basically this is great and I hope a lot more people download this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
oh cool!  i didnt know you responded here.

thanks man. i am glad you dig it!  yeah i think christmas is dead has some better material (claws and mary christmas are very strong songs imo) but im pretty happy with this one too.  but i agree it doesnt feel as complete in that it doesnt come to as much of a resolution.  i wanted to expand the final song but didnt have time.