Topic: treesock (Read 2700 times)

• kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I was at GW around this time, I vaguely know who treesock was, but I was never part of the 'official gw cool crew'tm (we sell hats and tshirts at a hot topic near you!), infact i think it was the same time I was getting mocked by silly people.

Mkk, I think you were in diapers or something when this happened so it's ok to not remember
  • thx ds k?
im glad youre worried about someone because they stopped posting on internet videogame message boards. maybe theyre...dead? its the only logical reason as to not being around online on the same accounts you were in 2003
  • PEW PEW PEW
yeah I thought it seemed kind of egocentric but then again I dunno how bad she was net bullied
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Global Moderator
what's peculiar about your reaction to this topic is i actually specifically told you about this almost immediately after it happened on irc and you had much the same response.  it's strange that you'd forget this, but perhaps stranger still that you'd be surprised.  this wasn't an isolated incident - there was pitchwhite, mdn, fatty, sir, etc.  i would say this community has spent a majority of its lifetime as "absolute pricks", as you put it.  i agree this is bad but am surprised that your reaction seems to be one of shock mixed with outrage. this is not a critique or a barb so don't respond to it as though it is, but i genuinely thought everyone would be familiar with the long series of PRANKS that so defined the community for a very long time.

I don't remember Treesock being forced out of the community at ALL. You spoke to me about it after it happened? I have no idea what your name used to be, which is doing no favours in helping my recollection. I'm pissed, angry and surprised because, in my mind at least, this is the first I've heard of a former friend being victimised in some way and leaving the community because of it.

And, like I said, there's a difference between jokey "ho ho, we're all pricks" and actually being pricks. I'm not claiming to be the authority on what is a prank and what isn't, but there's a huge difference between say Alexander tricking people into eating panties and someone being BULLIED OUT OF THE COMMUNITY, especially someone who people have noted "had some problems". Thus, I fail to see how the fact that the community has done douchey "pranks" in the past as being in any way related to the incident you're talking about. Maybe it's because I don't recollect what happened? Maybe because it doesn't relate? Who knows.

If this incident happened in late 2004 or early 2005 and you told me about it then I can understand why I wouldn't remember it. However, if it happened earlier then I have absolutely NO idea why you'd think you told me, being that I'm sure I would remember something like this.

PS: Look, my "insult" of pricks was not directed at you specifically. If something like this happened and you were a PART of it rather than the puppetmaster or whatever behind it, then I'm in no way singling you out as the asshole here. However, being that I don't know WHAT HAPPENED, it's hard to find someone else to apply my feelings of rage and upset to. Even though you're showing remorse for whatever happened, which is indeed admirable and shows a certain level of maturity, as this is effectively a new event to me it hasn't helped to cushion my feelings about it.

I'd say that I didn't mean to offend you or whatever, but last night when I posted I was full of such anger that I didn't give a shit either way. I just had to express my disgust and fury.

I'd really appreciate if you could PM me exactly what happened. Maybe it'll jog my memory? At the moment I'm raging about perceived things that may or may not have happened, and the events in my mind are probably way more heinous than the actuality. If you could enlighten me, I'd be appreciative.

this wasn't an isolated incident - there was pitchwhite, mdn, fatty, sir, etc.

I have no idea who these people are. Like I remember the name of pitchwhite and fatty, and I remember being in MAKING THE CUT with MasterDarkNinja, but other than that I have absolutely no clue. Treesock was someone I actually cared about, hence why this incident has ired me hugely moreso than whatever happened to those guys. It's personal, I'll absolutely admit, but I'm not going to apply cold logic when it comes to someone I cared about.

yeah I thought it seemed kind of egocentric but then again I dunno how bad she was net bullied
[/size][/size]

[/size]
[/size]That's exactly what I'm trying to find out.
Hey hey hey
  • PEW PEW PEW
there's a huge difference between say Alexander tricking people into eating panties and someone being BULLIED OUT OF THE COMMUNITY
I dunno they both sound pretty terrible

just for instance the only other troll I remember was where dok (who never had a girlfriend before or something like that) was tricked into having an e-relationship with someone posing as an underage mkkmypet. I felt really bad for him after hearing about that, especially since everyone was still being kind of mean to him and I unknowingly took part in that. dok's a swell guy. it seems like everyone who participated in the epic lulz really regrets it though

and to give another perspective, your insult (you also said he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box) towards someone who is clearly troubled and remorseful over something he took part in 5 or so years ago does seem unjust, even forced. if that's not something you actually thought, you don't need to exaggerate to express how angry you are. these days we've got the critical reading skills to get it
  • I'll see you on the dark side of the moon~
  • PipPipPipPip
I dunno they both sound pretty terrible

dude kpg eating panties was hilarious, nothing more and nothing less

do not compare that to how people treated treesock (which i can't speak on, i can really only assume it was related to her numerous obsessions with anime characters)
  • Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
don't know this girl, don't really care. did some googling to help you guys, most recent thing I can find is from 2006

http://treesock.livejournal.com/
what's updog?
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Whoa, fuck you earlchip. How dare you insinuate my feelings are exaggerated. Troubled and remorseful? Wasn't your "yeah I thought it seemed kind of egocentric but then again I dunno how bad she was net bullied" aimed at his "remorse"? Or was it aimed at my "exaggeration"? You really have some nerve commenting in your sarcastic little shitass way about me expressing myself. Who the fuck are you to accused me of it being forced?

I was pointing out that he wasn't the "sharpest tool in the box" for taking ages to work out that what he did was wrong. It was meant to imply that it was obviously wrong FROM THE START. Forced? Someone who is clearly troubled and remorseful? What an absolute crock of shit.

I love how your comment was totally reasonable until your absolute snarky bullshit in the final paragraph. And I or he is egocentric? You're the one who is using this argument (which we're actually sorting out ourselves thanks) to involve yourself for who the fuck knows what reason. If you'd cut off your post at the end of "unjust" I would have nodded my head and maybe agreed in some way. However, the shit you posted after that was clearly (ONCE AGAIN) aimed at provoking me or riling me. You're the egocentric guy in this scenario. I cannot believe the audacity of you daring to question my fucking feelings on this matter, which has absolutely nothing to do with you, just so you're involved in some way in the argument.

So yeah, thanks for your "perspective", it's really helped matters. Oh, of course, your aim was just to provoke me though right, rather than assuage anyone's feelings on the matter? Good job.
Hey hey hey
  • Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
man if you were really worried about this chick you wouldn't get so flustered over someone else's criticisms...
what's updog?
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
man if you were really worried about this chick you wouldn't get so flustered over someone else's criticisms...

1) I'm not "worried" about her, I'm upset for her. There's a huge difference.
2) I'm not flustered, I'm fucking angry. Some random internet jackass is questioning my legitimate anger about something that's happened to someone I used to care about, that I don't remember happening.

You know what Malad? You're a snarky prick too. So you also think you are qualified to judge the validity of my thoughts eh?
Hey hey hey
  • PEW PEW PEW
sorry. you have every right to be angry about what happened to treesock, I tried not to say anything that would eclipse that fact. I wasn't talking about you when I said egocentric. and I didn't want to provoke you, I just find it extremely hard to believe you're really getting this infuriated (malad's a target too now??) for no legitimate reason. it was in the past, he admitted his own errors, he's been feeling bad about it for years, he hopes to apologize, he really doesn't need you to insult his intelligence. I posted this because it seemed in your last post you didn't grasp how out of line your comment was and were on the way to reconciling with yourself the righteousness of your fury. that irritated me. but if we're done discussing him I'm not gonna participate in a personal battle with you in this thread, so pm me or post whatever want for all of sw to see and that will be the end of it

ugh new page
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
What is all this drama about?
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Done then, as far as I'm concerned. I'd prefer to discuss this with you on IRC or in PM anyway, as you're right - it's more private and doesn't involve provoking either of us in front of other members. If either of has something else to say, at any rate.

What is all this drama about?

It's about me having sex with [insert ][/insert]. Suck on that.

Hey hey hey
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
No, I mean, this is about something from before I entered GW, who is treesocks? What did she do?
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
A girl who used to frequent IRC and the forums. There's obviously a difference of opinion concerning what she was like, but what did she do? What, to cause the "drama"? Who knows. I'm just trying to find out exactly what happened, as no prominent member from the period in IRC can tell me as they have NO CLUE she was bullied out. In fact, this has been news to them also, so my quest for INFORMATION is going nowhere.

Except for solidifying the friendship between myself and other forum users anyway!!!!

EDIT: And I'm actually really intrigued by the identify of the original poster, as they've claimed that I knew about the incident as they specifically came to tell me after it went down. So I'm wondering why I don't remember it at all. The second I hear about it I'm probably going to have floods of recollection, but at this current moment I have no fucking idea whatsoever.
Hey hey hey
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
most people here have been cyber bullied faust

yea you're angry about your friend, but really think about where you are
i mean didnt despain get run out of here not even a month or two ago? this place is notorious for people being cruel to each other

not rationalizing anything, i just dont think you're going to make anybody sorry that isnt already
  • TV people want to leave
i mean didnt despain get run out of here not even a month or two ago? this place is notorious for people being cruel to each other

what?  no :|
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Fuckin' A.
yeah calling bullshit on that. this has been the nicest community i know
  • TV people want to leave
i mean yeah it used to be really bad for that but uh not recently and definitely not the PAST TWO MONTHS i mean fuck nothing has happened in the past few months really
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This place used to be a complete internet trollfest in the past, but has calmed down a lot since then.  I remember reading some of the old prank chatlogs, and thinking about how messed up a couple were, but I think that level of immaturity has gone away.  I doubt her leaving has to do with any of the attitudes or practices currently in place here. 
keep posting...