Topic: Oh god, i'm having such a huge nerdgasm over skyrim (Read 891 times)

• Comrade!?! I AM NOT A FUCKING RUSSIAN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Seriosly, i'm super phsycked for the game, SKYRIM! I CAN'T WAIT and those bastards released a trailer almost a year in advanced, meaning the waiting will be that much harder :(

The thing's i'm most looking forward to? in order of how much i want it:
  • Radiant Story (simply put a story that dynamically changes depending on your interactions with the world)
  • better engine (in other words, it will all play/look better
  • Music,  (IMHO, music can make or break a game)
simply put http://www.youtube.com/user/HarryPartridge#p/u/0/c9eGtyqz4gY describes kinda how i feel

any way, latest trailer showing it off http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-in-game-elder-scrolls/710872?type=flv

It made me buy ES4 GOTY >_< (well actualy i was wanting to get the expansion any way, and since i can't find my copy of oblivion, i thought why not get it all in one shot), currently playing as a ninja (custom class) and doing the Nights of the nine DLC;
also, did you know you can get a pretty nice sword RIGHT off the bat? go the floating bloat, buy a bed for the night and sleep there, finish the quest and one of the enemies drops a nice sword.
That said, my god is the crusader armour helmet sucky looking, but it comes with a free lesser power, great if your getting atacked by somthing, just it to calm them.

what else... oh yeah downloaded a ton of graphics enhancing mods, one which adds motion blur, the game looks a lot better for it and also unique landscapes, i decided not to download any mod that adds content, and only ones that make the gameplay/run/look better since i never usualy get past the main content for it so i'm just gonna play the main content for this game, then maybe afterwoulds i'll download some others.

On another note it took me a while to get it running properly, first i forgot a requisit OBSE plugin to get a shader mod working, then it wouldn'r work at all, in the end i found out how to fix it.

IF you get a black screen when trying to play oblivion it's cos you got HDR on and somthing's a miss,  look at the render file in your save game directory and it will probebly tell you that your card doesn't do SM 3.0 well there is a way around this, look at what render package it's using (usually last line) go to the shader directory in the data folder and switch what ever shader package it mentioned to number 19, then HDR should work
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Honestly despite how cool everything sounds, you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. They hyped the ever living fuck out of Oblivion and left a lot of promises unfufilled, IIRC. Also, people praising the new engine don't realise that the engine is not the problem. The problem is Bethesda's awful QA team, who now have to test an ENTIRE ENGINE. It'll be buggy as fuck.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Well you wait until next summer to buy this (this is what ill be doing because I dont have the hardware to run this kind of game) and everything will be patched nicely and maybe even GOTY??

Judging only by the trailer this is maybe the single best looking game I've ever seen...
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Fans of the elder scrolls series will be blind to many problems with the game, as are Fallout fans. Nonetheless, it will be a game to be adored by many, and hated my some. gg
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Honestly despite how cool everything sounds, you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. They hyped the ever living fuck out of Oblivion and left a lot of promises unfufilled, IIRC. Also, people praising the new engine don't realise that the engine is not the problem. The problem is Bethesda's awful QA team, who now have to test an ENTIRE ENGINE. It'll be buggy as fuck.

i know this but still i can't helo but get hyped, and yes ES4 was overhyped, it was still a good game, whilst i agree it could be a little... boring on certain ocassions but it did come out with really interesting things, like the painting quest.
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i just wish the battle system was better. i really liked oblivion but somehow battles were very stiff. and pleaseplpaselapsleaspelpawe do something about those awful character animations and get rid of the horrible leveling system and it's gonna be great i hope.
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
i know this but still i can't helo but get hyped, and yes ES4 was overhyped, it was still a good game, whilst i agree it could be a little... boring on certain ocassions but it did come out with really interesting things, like the painting quest.
My main problem with Oblivion is that the setting was supposed to be really interesting and unique, then they decided to retcon it into generic high fantasy land, which was a massive disappointment after Morrowind's awesome world.

• The Corrector
  • PipPipPipPipPip
God, I just hope the faces aren't as horrifying to look at as Oblivion's.  Those people creeped me the fuck out.  They are a perfect example of the Uncanny Valley.

Fallout 3's NPCs didn't look too bad, so hopefully that is a good sign. 

Oh, there also needs to be more quests like the Dark Brotherhood.  Like, an entire expansion pack. 
  • Dwarf Giant
  • PipPipPipPip
I want to see unique dungeons with more than 3 different texture possibilities and no randomly generated layouts with only minor differences. Smoother combat would be most welcome (like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, that game did first-person sword and sorcery combat right).
Proper UI for PC version ffs. And do something about the UI lag.
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
ALL NEW PUZZLES http://youtu.be/aodz4x18i2M
keep posting...
  • I fear and I tremble
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The only main problem I have with these games is that after awhile the storyline or sidestorylines or just running around snooping at shit isn't very engaging. It gets fucking boring I want to see other characters do cool shits. If they can't put some kind of cutscene system or something in it to just make it interesting. It just gets pretty desolate after awhile and its you running through dungeons or blown out building after building killing shit.

I've pretty much gone all through the first fallout for the second time and it just seems so boring now I'm thinking about rushing to the end of the game just to see some interesting shit.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • PEW PEW PEW
is bethesda the next blizzard
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The faces have been fixed, the animations appear to have been fixed, the world appears to be fucking awesome rather than generic renaissance, and the combat appears to be far more intense and enjoyable. From what we've seen in screenshots and the new gameplay trailer, at least.
  • HO HO HO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
will someone post some screenshots, i've only seen the trailer and no screenshots.

yeah, i'm excited. but in a very reserved kind of way.
http://angrygeometry.wordpress.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I like how they shamlessly admitted to ripping of bioshock.
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!
  • The man in the woods.
As much as I'd like to be excited for this I feel that any advancement to their engine tech for the current console generation will always be underwhelming. The hardware is severely dated and I feel the respective systems have already been pushed to their limits and I don't think that this, if it is indeed their selling point, will be enough to convince me to look into this game. As much as I liked their current generation of games I got the feeling I pretty much know what I have to look forward to in this new iteration of Elder Scrolls and unfortunately it will consist of stilted character interactions and vapid quest lines. You know.. I saw my roomate play one of the Riddick games on the 360, he was running through some prison and whoa shit... the character actors were amazing. Both in acting and visualizations. Whereas gamebryo characters are ridiculously dull and lifeless.... something we still saw two games and years of feedback later.  And I'm expected to see improvement now? What I would like to see is how this game would look under Obsidian's supervision... but on Bethesda's efforts alone I can't say I'm too excited to see what will come of this just yet.

Seriously though, Bethesda can learn something from this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcuo2Fdg1M8&feature=related

This guy has more life in him than the all of the 50 hours of speech hailed as a selling point of oblivion combined.

• DragonSlayer o_O
Most big titles use technology like motion capture for character animations these days and I'd be surprised if Bethesda's new engine didn't have that.

check this out: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/developer-diary-l-a-noire/708505
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
You do realise that there using:
A) a new engine (not based on the gamebryo engine at all) go here for more info http://raidingparty.net/featured/what-the-creation-engine-really-means-for-skyrim/
B) a better animation system (Havok’s behaviour technology)
go look at the trailer that shows in game stuff, it'as all animated using there new animation system, now go and tell me that it looks anything like the gambryo engine

RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!
  • PEW PEW PEW
skirrym

pripyat

I know nothing about this series but I understand what chainer's saying. the only bethesda title I've played is New Vegas, which was only published by them but runs on their engine I guess. even in that game, the world feels really inanimate and lifeless and the dialogue tends to be text you quickly read through and click to continue before the voice actor gets halfway through speaking. I think even neverwinter nights had more interesting character interactions, and that game only had lip flappers and a few awkward body animations, rather than anything as advanced as Cass shifting her weight and putting her hand on her hip when you talk to her

so I think a lot the LIFE of a game is created by other stuff besides animation technology, but at the same time I've seen some pretty cinematic gameplay that seemed to be really good at bringing you into the scene and making the environment feel alive. either way it's pretty important, and all this roaming and travel and character interaction doesn't really mean much without it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
you missed what i meant when i mentioned the new animation system, the point is that unlike oblivions rather,  jilting animation (siply put, they don't flow from one animation to another, they sort of stop and move to another) it's a lot smoother.
Take the dragon for instance, when it flies around, banking towards you to take a flaming run at you, i'ts not scripted pre-caned animation, it moves based on how the creature's bones and limits are placed, the AI tells the object where to move and the animation system takes care of how it moves; at least thats how i interpreted what i read about it.
You don't animate it hand by hand, instead you set bones and limits and then tell the system what you want it to do, that said i'm sure there is a way of adding pre-canned animations into it, but then i'ts probebly the same syste but you add specifics to it and it sitll auto-animates it.
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!