Topic: Pokemon Black/White (Read 4410 times)

• TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
of course you have a garbodor on your team because you HAVE GOOD TASTE :D
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Group: Member
Reading all of this makes me want to play pokemon all over again.
"Clothing Military, where we specialize in military clothing sales.”
===========
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This game was pretty sweet, I just beat the main game and opened up the other half of unova.

sometimes i yearn for a pokemon game that acknowledges the real world though... like they have this other side of unova with all these cities and all i can think about is how the pokemon league is essentially destroying the economy over there because all the gyms are on the other side and travelers/trainers have no reason to go to these places.
also my ocd is constantly bothered by the fact that the leveling system contradicts the  gym leaders and elite four because even the worst trainers will eventually be able to beat these guys so long as they dont quit...

ugh i think i am just aging too quickly for pokemon...
  • Ò_Ó
sometimes i yearn for a pokemon game that acknowledges the real world though...
Love this sentence
also my ocd is constantly bothered by the fact that the leveling system contradicts the  gym leaders and elite four because even the worst trainers will eventually be able to beat these guys so long as they dont quit...

the gym leaders and the elite four members have teams that they use for their day job where the levels are strictly regulated by the Pokemon League to ensure fair competition amongst beginning trainers, but I'd think that they also have personal teams that are probably all competitive level100s.
  • I know your secrets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i think that there are finally too many pokemon for me. i have no idea how i am going to learn all these new ones. may be unable to play competitively ever again. :[
  • Gigantic Megaman danceing time!
  • PipPipPipPip
Just spent about 2 hours+ today trying to train a Gyarados and teach it Dark Pluse(had to pick this up since I skipped it the first time I went though victory road... with pokemon more then ten levels below the random pokemon in the area) with the one TM79 you get in Platinum(only had one level 19 Bronzor to start since I already moved all my other pokemon to Black and I was on the other side of the map) so I could breed the move to a Hydreigon, only to realize mid save the Gyarados I taught it to was female who can't teach moves though breeding.
  • VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
Q: What is the difference between Snorlax and a pillow?
A: One sleeps a lot and the other gets sleeped on a lot!
Q: What is the difference between my dad and a Snorlax?
A: Absolutely nothing!
Q: What is the difference between my dad and a Snorlax?
A: Absolutely nothing!

aahahahahah

my favorite pokemon joke:
"James detached a small round machine from his belt. "Why don't you check out our website," he taunted. He pushed a button and a net flew out of the machine, trapping Ash, Misty, and Brock. "
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • VILLAIN
  • Group: Administrator
The best thing about that is it might as well be an actual joke from the show.
it is.

or at least it's a real joke from one of the novelizations from the show.  i found two of them at thrift stores last week.
BRRING! BRRING!
  • chmod this
  • Pip
New friend code:  4641-9193-3234
Deleted my WFC settings earlier today to try and troubleshoot why I couldn't connect to Global Link (or anything, for that matter).
  • Ultimaweapon9
  • PipPipPip
I clocked in about 60 hours on the game, convinced that I was going to try and do some breeding and EV training.  Then I gave up.  Easily the best Pokemon game since G/S/C but I still vastly prefer the old gameboy ones simply for nostalgia and simplicity's sake.
  • PEW PEW PEW
I'm playing this for some reason, and at this point I definitely enjoyed Emerald more. probably should have waited for the third game of this generation

kinda felt rushed to the elite 4, but I guess that's because they're really focusing on online play this time around

here's my eBLEAT 4 crew:
Scrafty
Garbodor
Samurott
Ferrothorn
Chandler
Archeops
I saw you guys talking about trubbish the rest are a coincidence
  • The man in the woods.
I thought I was alone in thinking that emerald was superior. I just got to the game myself and 50 hours in, just an hour or two after beating the elite four and exploring some of the additional content I felt very underwhelmed. It's nice that they mixed the types up a bit, going out of their way to counter the obvious type counters for their roster (ie logic defying surfs and earthquakes) but the end it was still way too familiar a formula for me to give this the credit it seemed to have wanted by changing only in aesthetics alone (by the way thanks for adding load times to areas who's sole purpose for existing was to showcase alternate viewing angles).

My initial Elite Four group was...

Samurott - Balanced stats overall. Grass Knot and X-Scissor proved to be very useful.

Scrafty - Shed skin seems to benefit single play more than online play, which worked out great for me.

Sigilyph - Crazy speed, decent evs, hidden power: dragon. Very situational. Sure,  she was my second hardest hitter, but she cannot compete with my next one.

Darmanitan - Crazy speed, does 3/4 damage to fire resist pokemon with flare blitz.... what a champ. Sheer Force and Life orb stacking on flare blitz has to be the single most powerful non legendary attack in the game.

Fraxure - basically canon fodder to keep the other pokemon up. It was much too slow to compete the first time around.

Larvesta - Exp leech. It wasn't until it got to about lvl 52 that I realized you could just catch a volcarona post elite four round 1 at that sand resort place. I feel like I wasted my time since I raised that Larvesta since lvl 1 and it was never good enough to hold it's own in battle with it's gimped move pool and speed. I then proceeded to abuse save/ reload cycles until I caught a modest Volcarona. Probably not the best option for competitive play (which would most likely be timid) but I'm sure it will get me through the game without feeling like I'm cheesing it too badly.  It does have some awesome stats and type coverage though... it's an interesting mix for sure.