Health Yearly GW Medical Checkup (Read 599 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
hey bros, I know the obvious thing to do is see a doctor, but shits expensive so I thought it wouldnt hurt to ask if anybody has heard of anything like this. Ive already facebooked and "see a doc" is the best I could get.

Anyway, I've been getting migraines about 1-2 times a week this summer. I've been blaming insane Nebraska humidity, and the doc prescribed me a new med called Axxert, he said it might be humidity, stress, barometric pressure, etc... not important.
Anyway the last week or so, my visions been kinda wacky. As I'm writing this, there are kind of atmospheric blankets of light around my monitor. THe best way to describe it I guess would be to say that everything I look at leaves after-images in my vision, in the way those little pictures work- you stare at a picture of a ghost or whatever and then look at the wall and oooohhh the after image of a ghost is on the wall!
Anyway, even a brief look at a lamp or a chair or anything leaves an after image. THere is also some sensitivity to light, which is a little annoying. Weirdly enough, I don't have much problem with my vision if I'm wearing sunglasses, but that doesn't really put me at ease. I guess it wouldn't be too bad being Cyclops for the rest of my life but it may be a shorter one... :(

So I went to an optomitrist? Eye doc? I went.
They did an hours worth of rooting around, apparently not only in my eyes but in the back of my brain where vision is taken care of... Found nothing. Apparently when I get older I will be high risk for glaucoma, however. Whoop whoop!
Doc says if this thing with my vision doesn't go away to see a neurologist after this weekend. He's got one he can send me to.

Well that sucks and is hella expensive, like thousands of dollars, and I am still paying for my appendectimy in the spring, so if that is unneccessary I'd like to avoid it. Also going in there has some pretty dark evil connotations with a brain tumor or an anneurism. Scary stuff.

So anyway I just thought I'd ask if anybody has any experience with this stuff? I have been unable to google or webmd anything successfully because I can't really describe well what I'm seeing.
If it doesn't go away by this weekend I am going to a doctor regardless :(
  • VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
Every time I see a post by you I can't read the words because I keep staring at DrFunk's mom.

Unfortunately I can't help you, I've never had this before. It sounds pretty alarming though, good thing you're gonna get it checked out.
  • PEW PEW PEW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
probably from slopping around in too much bland mass media and sardonically blaming others for not enjoying it as much as you do. make some critical posts about Avatar and Lady Gaga and you'll soon find your headaches diminishing and your vision returning to normal.

what do you want us to say? sounds like migraines, which can affect your vision (like halos, which might be what you mean). who knows why you're getting them, you'd have to see a doctor to determine that! maybe research migraines some more but if you have any doubts at all, see a doctor. don't wanna mess around with your head.
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
how have you been eating lately? In high school I got frequent migraines and I'm pretty sure it was mostly because I was only eating once a day. I eat more and healthier now and I only get them every month or two or when I neglect lunch. I wouldn't discourage you going to the doctor though if you don't have a history of migraines.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
well 3 votes for migraine is at least a little consoling i guess.

thanks for not condemning me to die for having bad tastes earl! I checked my posts to see if I could find what you're referring to b/c I kinda realized I was being like that a while back and made an effort to be better about it, but I thought I was doing a p. good job... I couldn't find anything overtly rude so sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way somewhere!
  • PEW PEW PEW
if you're implying I was condemning you to die I wasn't, you can like whatever you want but you seem to frequently lash out at anyone who has a more critical response. the latest was part of your post in the movies thread but if you're trying to be better about it that's good
  • Transform your face, ugly.
  • PipPip
I'm an expert at diagnosing people over the internet and from what you told us is that you most likely have aids.
wait, I forgot what I was going to write here... awkward...
wait, I forgot what I was going to write here... awkward
i've got tanlines
  • I fear and I tremble
one of my testicles is assimilating the other one
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • I fear and I tremble
Hey does anyone on here have ADHD? How do you tell if you have it?

I think I might have it a guy I work with was telling me about his kid that has it and suggested that its a possibility. I'm going to see a doctor about it when I get back but thats like a month from now and I just wanna know if theres a way I could tell for sure. Before I started working out here I smoked weed regularly as a way to keep my mind from racing and keep me calmer because sometimes I get bad nerves and I think way too much. It seems like I cannot turn my brain off without it. I started smoking spice about 3 years ago as a replacement but I should probably stop because that stuff seems pretty bad for you. When I come out to work I cannot take any of that with me and after about a day or two my mind starts running again and theres nothing I can do about it. I have trouble sleeping sometimes and will unconsciously shake my leg if I'm sitting down. Sometimes my hands will shake and sweat real bad. I don't really have trouble focusing on anything if I need to. But I will multi-task shit that I don't want to. I'll be thinking about ten different things at once and half of them are stupid ass things that don't matter. And when I got shit on by that girl it fucked me up really bad. I couldn't eat for two weeks and lost alot of weight. I was sweating profusely (it was like 65 degrees indoors) and my hands were shaking really badly. Its only recently stopped when I got out here. Its not the spice. I wasn't smoking it then because I was at a school in houston for work and have been smoking it for three years. The only bad thing I've noticed that it does to me is it makes me tired as hell if I smoke alot of it and I'll fall asleep. I'm not clinging onto it or anything and I'm honestly thinking about quitting but I've got to find something to replace it first which is why I think I need to see a doctor.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • I fear and I tremble
its like there is a schism between my body and my mind, like I'm getting unconsciously nervous or something? I don't usually worry about too much and am extremely good at keeping my composure but I am physically showing signs of some kind of anxiety or hyperactivity.

I will work for a solid 12 hours with manual labor and then go to the gym for another two hours and beat on a punching bag and STILL have too much energy. sometimes I feel like I could run through a brick wall and the only thing stopping me from tryin it is common sense. I'm not trying to gloat or anything, I feel like sometimes this causes problems for me because I am a smaller person and I should not be thinking or doing shit like that. I've already worked myself into injury twice because I can't stop. The first time I pulled a muscle inside of my abdomen and now I've developed carpel tunnel syndrome.
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i had ball cancer but its gone now

thats 'bout it for me

oh wait i had a cold earlier this year too
  • I fear and I tremble
I'm sorry to hear bout that jester, glad you recovered though. did they save your nut?