Tech Best free video editing program????????????????????????? (Read 131 times)

• kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I'm after a decent (free) video editing program with crazy effects and such. Needs to be quite good to use and reasonably powerful. But yeah, crazy effects are mostly important due to the psychedelic nature of my project. I'm making a couple of music videos so I have a youtube presense presents presence prez... account to promote my music, which will be released early next year. It's spacerock. It's trippy.
So yeah, any of you cats know a good movie editing program for me to play around with then hit me up. Cheers.
  • I know your secrets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
If you're a Windows user, Lightworks (http://www.lwks.com/) has been used in commercial films and has a free version. I can't say more than that because it's not going to support my OS until later this month.

Openshot, (http://www.openshotvideo.com/), I've used before. It was easy enough.

Maybe someone with more video editing experience will have some proper suggestions for you though. I have edited like 3 videos ever.
  • Lichens!
If you're using osx, I don't know if I can really help becuase I only realy know how to use final cut, but apparently you can do some pretty decent things in some of the newer versions of iMovie these days.  It's also pretty easy to get your hands on a torrented copy if you are okay with kind of thing (just saying)
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
I'm checking out lightworks, see how it goes. Cheers bud.

Also anyone know anything like a visual effect generator as a stand alone program, and not a plugin for a mediaplayer??