Topic: RIP Marty Baureis, AKA doktormartini :( (Read 1873 times)

• Pip
  • Group: Member
oh wow i didn't realize someone linked this topic to his facebook. jeez, thanks for the heads up. yeah to clarify what i meant nobody really gave him too hard of a time or anything. i don't think he would've stuck around here for so long otherwise. any sort of bickering was just the usual stuff you'd see on any internet community. i just wish in retrospect we could've all been a little nicer to each other and i think that could apply to any of us.
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
rip dok martini
  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
aww man, i didn't really know him so I can't describe or add anything about him, but the username is very familiar ,however all these posts by you guys makes me think he's an all around good guy. kinda made me wish i would've gotten to know other people better esp. here where i've also been for like years already.

RIP dok. :(
Terrible news indeed. I always respected doktormartini for standing up for what he believed in. It was the strong and interesting personalities who made GW the great forum it was and dok was definitely one of them. Rest in peace Marty.
  • VILLAIN
  • Group: Administrator
Let's just stick to condolences rather than musing about these events from long past. I'm not sure that's really appropriate right now.
  • Pip
yeah i didn't want to derail the topic or anything. just wanted to clarify what i said earlier since it was too late to just outright delete or edit the post.
  • DragonSlayer o_O
man, i haven't been here for a long time and i haven't talked to dok for a long time either but i really wanted to express my condolences. he was such a nice guy and even though we were never particularly close, i liked him and he's one of the people you'll remember from this community. RIP marty. :(
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • professional disappointment
there aren't really words for how awful this is. i spent most of the day yesterday trying to think of something worthwhile to say here, and nothing ever came. just fucking horrible.

the world is less unique and interesting than it was on thursday.
  • PEW PEW PEW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I don't know if anyone even saw this thread, his facebook is absolutely flooded with condolences.

bonzi, more recently he's had conversations here about china/asia and his interest in archeology. I believe he was getting a degree in archeology with a concentration in chinese studies so he could live and work over there one day. he would usually just pop in with something he found interesting, and sometimes it'd generate conversation.

i just wish in retrospect we could've all been a little nicer to each other and i think that could apply to any of us.
yeah, indeed.
  • destroyer of mayos
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
anthro with an archaeology focus & chinese studies minor
archaeo for grad
fieldwork in china

was very much looking forward to hearing about that.
what a horrible thing to happen.
sorry
  • Master of Puppets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Oh man, this is sad. I didn't really know him but he seemed like a really nice and interesting guy. RIP, man.
  • I know your secrets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
RIP dok. real unfortunate for him to go. seemed like a really genuine and passionate guy.
  • Comrade!?! I AM NOT A FUCKING RUSSIAN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
RIP, man I didn't really know the guy, but he always had somthing interesting to say, and He always had an up-beat attitude.
RIP DoktorMartini.
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
damn.

everything he did came from a genuine great heart. i remember, we teased him about it, but i'm pretty sure he used to mail lonely old widows to keep them company kinda thing. everything he projected was him trying to help others, no-one can fault him for that.
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • Dead man
For those who want to pay there finale respect http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nwherald/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=161642999
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• VILLAIN
  • Group: Administrator
I've left a message. Hope his family sees it.
  • Lichens!
yikes!  this is like heart-breaking.  I can't say I knew him particularly well, but he was a fun guy to have around, loved his quirky ways, and he definitely helped make this place what it is.   I hope the best for his family and friends in such a time.
  • Pip
oh man... i obviously didn't know him, but holy shit. my condolences go out to his family.
rip dok
  • Comrade!?! I AM NOT A FUCKING RUSSIAN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I left a message a few days ago, DM was a great guy, it's a shame that some one like him has left us.
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!
  • Real-time weapon change
  • PipPip
I can't believe he's gone. This sucks.