Topic: Love and War: Act I (New Revamp Released!) (Read 6815 times)

• A WARRIOR POET
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
lachie, if you're going to do that, just post it in your signature.

also, I am wondering from people who played this: What makes the writing so good? What do you like about it? Specifics please. Just give me some reasons. I'll probably try it tonight if I have my laptop with me.

The writing is unabashedly hokey. That's why I like it, at least. I don't even mean any offense by this, but the RM community is based around a obsolete, pirated, japanese game engine so naturally a lot of us are young and kind of dumb. I think it's better that he wrote characters who were young and dumb too using a wide frame of reference, instead of going way out of depth and trying to write main characters who were ARMY GENERALS and shit. It made for a bunch of characters who feel more honest than the ones in most other RM games I've played, at least. I mean some of it's just bad and the writing quality drops off noticeably between the stuff at Lorea Mine and Davenport Peak, but other than that it's a pretty charming game!
  • The LAWmaker
  • Group: Member
Ho ho, boy. Love and War: It gets recommended in wording that would be used to sink other games!  :cool:

Heya, Lachie D.! Good to see you again. I did play your game, I'll PM you with my thoughts. :)
  • Reviewer for Game Makers, especially RM2K/RM2k3.
Umm..whoever moved this? This isn't a Demo, this is a full game. Move it back; it's like The Way, it's segmented.
I am not a Bodybulider!!! -Sabin
I'm your boss now, kupo!- Mog

Games/Demos reviewed:
A Home Far Away (Demo): 7.5/10
Alter A.I.L.A: 9/10
Rainbow Nightmare (Chapter 1): With Bugs: 7/10, w/o Bugs: 8.5/10
Hero's Realm: 8/10
Iji: 8/10
Pokemon Hunter: 7/10
Sacred Earth - Bonds: 7.5/10
Want your game reviewed? Read Indie In-Depth here.
http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=75160.0

If anyone wants a good, analytical look at their game from a gamer's perspective, PM me and point me to your thread, or I'll just work it out with you. I love to review and play great games, you want feedback. It's a win-win right?
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Hey dude, when I go to the Lorea mine the old man tells me I have to get some minerals under 2 minutes, and to do that I have to go down some stairs. Well when I do the friend tells Ryan that he won't gp because he won't fit in to the cart and the screen goes black and when he is supposed to teleport an error appears; it says Invalid map.
  • The LAWmaker
Bandito, that is downright snooker loopy. I've never encountered that bug before... Could you tell me which "version" of the game you're playing (with RTP, without)?. I wonder if it could be that all the maps hadn't finished extracting from the zip file?
  • Ò_Ó
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Just a heads-up, the navigation on your site seems to have fallen over :)
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Bandito, that is downright snooker loopy. I've never encountered that bug before... Could you tell me which "version" of the game you're playing (with RTP, without)?. I wonder if it could be that all the maps hadn't finished extracting from the zip file?

Actually I don't remember which version I am playing LOL. The size of the game is 20.9 mb so I think it is the one with all the rtp.
  • The LAWmaker
Mark: Whatcha mean? :) Is it not loading for you, or not looking right?

Bandito: At first glance nothing seemed wrong, but I think I know what the problem is... For some weird reason, examining the right side of the ladder will eventually teleport you to a map that doesn't exist. For now, you can avoid that error by just examining the left side to continue onward. Sorry for that, I'll try and upload a fixed version soon. Bugs, how do they slip by?!
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Lol man...I will do that thanks.
Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:12:11 am by Bandito
  • One Winged Angel
  • Pip
I remember playing this game a year or two ago and that it was one of the best rm game i'd played,
oh and i've played them all, well all the complete ones since 2002.

Looks like i'll have to replay the game to get ready for act 2.

• <Custom Title here>
  • Pip
Looks like this games been getting a fair bit of praise, might have to give it a go and see what all the fuss is about  :fogetmmh:
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I finished the game and I liekd it a lot. But the monsters after the
  • Ryoko's future hubby
  • PipPipPipPip
*shrugs* I didn't have trouble on any of the enimies. And I didn't even bother to stock up on items the way the walkthru says to.
Peace and Love
  • >you
  • PipPipPipPipPip
There was a walkthrough? Alos, I didn't stock on items either ;p.
I know this sounds silly but I can't find that famous adventurer who is giving away a prize for winning a game in the gardens. I already managed to find 3 stone tokens...Any insights??
  • Ryoko's future hubby
  • PipPipPipPip
Yeah, here is the walkthru

http://loveandwarwalkthroughact1pt1.bravehost.com/index.html
Peace and Love
This is hands down one of the best RM games out there. I remember playing it a few years back and was amazed at the depth of the storyline although I think the rest of the game such as the battle system could be worked on. Hats off to admiral styles for creating an awesome game and I will be awaiting further releases.
None of the links you provided work, Styles. That's too bad, this game looks pretty interesting too. /sadface
  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
you signed up to say that?
  • The LAWmaker
A bit unusual, indeed.  :sweat: Sorry about that, the LAW page has moved, so all the links were broken for a while. I've fixed 'em now, so hopefully they should work now, Commodore.  :)