Topic: PSP Recent Homebrew/Piracy Breakthroughs (Read 46534 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Over here it's sold at $600 and the games are $130-$180 each. So I got $400 Fijian and gave it to my mum who was going to Australia for a visit, and it converted to $300 Australian, which is the price over there I'm assuming. Shes gonna come back this tuesday, so I will find out then...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Ok so we aren't talking about US dollars. ._.

big thanx to dragonslayer for sig!
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
aten man that sucks :/ so much money still 100$ more for you than buying it here in canada. 300 Australians like 250 canadian and psp right now is like $150.
  • Master of Darkness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
3.71 M33 released.
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=80588

For fat PSP and slim.
This. Is. Awesome.
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I've never heard of M33 before, I take it that's completely different to the OA-E or whatever it is I've been using?
  • Master of Darkness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Actually, M33 is Dark_Alex.
I didn't believe it at first, but D_A confirmed it.
So yeah, it's the same thing, but with more features. If you're still on 3.40OE, you should upgrade. There is absolutely no reason to be staying on it. With M33, you get the no UMD support, and a bunch of cool new plugins as well. If you're not too sure about 3.71 M33 then just upgrade to 3.52 m33-4. I'm not going to upgrade to the 3.71 version yet until they get the 1.5 kernel working. Without that, most homebrew won't work. =/
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
3.71 released and yet the same problem with the PSP Slim/lite. you need a fat psp + pandoras battery + magic memory stick. and I hear this is the last version DA releases  :fogetcry: so if you only have a psp lite, and no friends that have hacked their old psp, you are basically screwed for that. Ah well, I guess i'll just buy my games. but I really wanted to play super nintendo on there  :fogetsad:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
3.40 OE-A has no-UMD.

EDIT. You should still upgrade to M33 though, at least for me its POPS support is proven to be better.

• Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hahaha, wow. so dark_alex was m33. so i guess he was pretty much the only guy who did anything and the entire psp modding community was built around him.
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
3.71 released and yet the same problem with the PSP Slim/lite. you need a fat psp + pandoras battery + magic memory stick. and I hear this is the last version DA releases  :fogetcry: so if you only have a psp lite, and no friends that have hacked their old psp, you are basically screwed for that. Ah well, I guess i'll just buy my games. but I really wanted to play super nintendo on there  :fogetsad:
Can't you just get Lumines?

Also all the M33 versions say "upgrade from M33 v x.xx only" so how do I switch from OE-A to M33?
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
nah cant just get lumines you need a modded fat psp that can run homebrew inorder to mod the slim
why do you need a fat PSP in order to mod the slim one? How does that even work?

Im getting mine tomorrow, still dont know which one it is, excited as hell.
  • ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey, just a quick query regarding PSP piracy, I have an ISO that came in .001, .002, .003 etc all the way up to like 15 or 20 or something. How would I join them together? If you can't post it in the topic, could someone PM me?
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey, just a quick query regarding PSP piracy, I have an ISO that came in .001, .002, .003 etc all the way up to like 15 or 20 or something. How would I join them together? If you can't post it in the topic, could someone PM me?
If they are archives you can open up .001 with WinRAR, and extract it. WinRAR should automatically detect the other numbers and combine everything to make one ISO file.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
If it doesn't have a rar or zip file with it, my guess is that it's a file split with hjsplit. Google for hjsplit and join the files with it.

PS. Your question has nothing to do with PSP piracy. :p
Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 03:22:29 pm by ramirez

• Epic Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I broke down and ordered Lumines yesterday, so I'll soon be joining your insiduous ranks!  One of the first things I want to do is rip my PSX games and get them going on the PSP, because that seems to be one of the easier things to do.  I know that there are good tutorials posted in this topic at various points, but could somebody give me a single PSP hacking site that is a good one-stop for all of the information that I need?
Ok, the good news. I gots my psp :woop:

The bad news. It's a slim  :sad:

to make it worse, it a core pack, theres no demo, no headphone, no usb cable, no video output cable, nothing.

No one I know has a psp and I dont even think Lumines is sold here.

Is there no hope of emulation on it? Will I forever have a nice looking paperweight? I want to have emulation on it  :cry:
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Usb cables are in heaps of shit, like cameras and what not, cause thats where I got mine lol... I'm not poor.. shut up lol.

Well, I cant do anything with it except stare at it :(
  • <font color="orange" face="arial">thx mike</font>
  • PipPip
Buy a game. You'll need one in the tray to play homebrew anyway, so you ight as well use the time between now and hacked to play somethin' neat.