Games Magic Wand (Read 276 times)

• clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
bleh i guess it's been a while but i figured i would show what i've been working on! it's called Magic Wand

it was sort of made with intention of getting at a certain mood i like in old rpgs, all the dinky little people in frilly hats walking around a cave saying things like "verily", like a kind of dreamy fustiness. i do not know how valuable an ambition this is but it was mine.. the game is released now anyway.
it's another commercial one but if anyone wants to try it just lemme know and i can send on a key. it works best with mouse rather than trackpad!! there are mac and linux versions as well.

http://harmonyzone.org/MagicWand.html

vlah.. vlah!! hope all is... well!!

- stephen
http://harmonyzone.org
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
ahahah this is F A T E !!! I ended up writing my massive planescape torment ugly ruminations and TIS' I SEE TO ME WERY EYEZ... ALL EYEZ ON U Steffie... is there a place where one can buy it?!? also great topic title...*winks and childhisly thumbs-up steffy while mouths "YES!!" and smirks like idiot*
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
:^) whats up!!!!!!!

also yeah you can get it at the website link or else at https://thecatamites.itch.io/magic-wand ! but there are other channels as well cough cough cough
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
sent you a PM, by the way is the game allow you to rotate the view and stuff? Kind of like Dragon Warrior VII, which had like such an unappealing hodgepodge of 2d/3d it ended up doing a 180 and being appealing instead

also what's the ESTIMATED PLAY TIME????? I liked space funeral but it was just so short, I hope it's LONGFORM version of salt aesthetic

also I looked up space funeral and there are official/unofficial sequels wtf??? also for some reason a bubsy with tits came up
Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:53:44 pm by Ragnar
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
oh i already replied! also yeah you use RMB to move the camera around. dw7 was a great influence although hopefully this one's more fluid
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
oh i already replied! also yeah you use RMB to move the camera around. dw7 was a great influence although hopefully this one's more fluid

reminds me of super mario RPG too with all the jumping

good job ripping the get item sound directly from rpgmaker2000
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Real-time weapon change
  • PipPip
I'm buying this as soon as I get a call back from one of the places I've applied at.
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
- aiieeee.... AIIIEEEE.... *monotonous, distant voice* aiieeee....  Thy Game Will Be Done.

Ok so FINAL THOUGHTS:

yeah i liked it a bunch! it was kinda kick in the nuts, when it comes to feeding addictive and perfectionist behauvior, or expectations about "quality" of product. many pretty landscapes scoured, many idiots talked tp... tho was a bit hard without a proper mouse, certainly could benefit of proper camera turning for sure? Vaders music was good too. obv had more going in lit/dialogue area that i sometimes missed... appriciated a remote Elvis ref, "for good old times sake"...

tho i guess it was like... once you'd get into it, it will be more like a Alex Chilton - type of your previous games? like mouse corp but as a full game but not quite a serious game either. sewer goblet but with way less pressures all around on detail and density/strenght of material. alex chilton restarts 5 times before launching himself into a ridicilous country-gospel standard. my, does people age well? the clyde - episode was lot of fun. the balloon area was very pretty! again, very interesting about how islands and beaches are perfect in videogames and you obv got that down to a T... lot of good fun times.

btw fell into the seaweed - dudes chasm, but i didn't loop me back. had to reload.

Ok so i just dump the rest of my thoughts at the end of this post. Lost the steam to edit dem, to fit into final thoughts... maybe some other time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAIN MENU:
- YES!! IT'S BEEN SO LONG!!
- Reminds me of those old Namco NES esthetics eg that front-scrolling penquin shooter game, or Ninja jajamaru-kun etc
- Fez WANTED to be this but never was... the black borders, the ever-whelming blue, the crude blocks and borders and pixels, unclear characters and animations... pure, simple NES melody and music in style of those old Namco games (hi5 to Vaders)...
- THIS IS THE SHIT!! The feelings u got when u saw eg Donkey Kong Country, Yoshis Island title screen, Pilotwings 64, etc... "what is that over in the distance? how do i get there? what IS it anyways, i can't tell?! mysterious..." Remember that convo in like pg.7 of dumbtopic, talking about how vidcons could make the most perfect sunny videogame tropical islands than the real thing? yeah!
- ... end-effect on bonzi: THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF NEW AND ADVENTURE!! *starry eyed* ;___@,'

FIRST LEVEL

- ahha what are these crummy, crude bass textures (KRRRUM CHRRMM-KRMM kHR), and *dick-dock-* clockwork rhythm? ...wait is this midi slap bass?? ... ahha, is this a bastardization of noble form of rock-n-roll/blues?? it sounds great ahha, anyways, time for game, time for dialogue- ahha nylon guitar.midi! but what a ATMOSPHERE to start a great noble adventure with, soooo relaxed and laaazy ahha, why youu...! ok we'll follow thru, must push on... ahha great diddy kong racing/earthbound cheap hammond organ-with-new age synth - amalgam jumps out! SO CHEAP! LOVE IT...
- BAWWW!! THE JUMPING SOUND @___@ so endearing- wait, i gotta admit appriciation on little details like this, it's pretty authentic-y like in old Kemco/Namco/Nameco/Kempo/???-o games.
- I admit it: i immediately figured a way to get to the top of first mountain - one cannot help it!!! what secrets, visions, sights await me there?!? ... nothing, but alas that's the way It SHOULD Be... i didn't spend hours trying to jump into most useless spaces in Little Big Adventure 2 for NOTHING!
- ahhahah that crow in hotel basement! LOVE IT!! thats me! not to mention the rat, i love it when random npc's or animals pull that line out... "use it well, use it for GOOD"...
- i love the folks in the other hotel room! like the mix of mystery/game-y dialogue and then mundane stuff "i hate the ghost train!!" "yes but they have so tasty pots!" ahha  
- @___@ WORLD MAP IS BIG AND BEAUTIFUL

¤ ~ After a Break ~ ¤

- Re-entering world map, and hearing the lazy loose midi blues, i have to admit really diggin the atmosphere of midi song + the tone of game. It's a lot like Earthbound, in that very non-self serious way! You're this Rattigan - type of brooding red-caped wanderer guy, speaking in olde english... who turns out to be a pr chill, lout, aloof, loose guy... loose travelling_blues.mid plays in background, instead of starry-eyed NES music... who gives a fuck, eh... ambling about like an old papa...
- and ahha forgot to mention, but I REALLY like the sword mechanic. *ZING!* the cool dude pulls out a sword, cursor changes to sword, SWISH SWISH!! goes the guy... i just like how CASUAL it is, like talking to any guy. Just wander around and poke stuff, swish, with the sword, then sheathe it... yawn...boring... The REAL Tokio, i mean Real Texas...
- ahaha and ofc Mose II was COMPLETELY disproportionate reward for my laptop + touchpad jumping finesse... goodbye...
- the blue crane is cute!!
- !! strutting down the memory lane... that new blackworld has BEAUTIFUL SB16 midi sounds... im in love... it almost like The Incredible Machine DOS's music again... the vaporware 90's win95 office sounds... leisure suit larry 6... O! A beautifulle bomberman hero trill'd/tremolo-synth... ?! bitte offa ragnare clavinet...? Hall & Oates "I can't go for that (no can do)" elevator music synth...?
- are u planning to give dialogue to the jungle - areas (first area) man on top of mountain?! yes i managed to climb there... pretty please!? appease the idiotic ocd collectivist... magic wand in 0.5 jumps...

¤ ~ After MANY Hours ~ ¤

Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:41:47 pm by bonzi_buddy