Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl [11/05/2007: Fox's Misfortune/Fire Emblem Theme] (Read 77739 times)

• take itt !!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I'm with Esh.  and truthfully I just don't care if sonic is in it or not. it's going to be a great game whether or not he's in it.

I'm just terrified that if they put sonic in it they will put SHADOW in it too and SHADOW is such a disgusting waste of a character and he just fucking SHOVED KNUCKLES ASIDE AS THE COOL RIVAL CHARACTER and he does it SO MUCH WORSE

shadow is like a fucking character pulled from a ten year old girl's fanfiction RIGHT DOWN TO THE NAME

so yeah he has NO PLACE IN SUPERSMASH BROTHERS either SONIC or SONIC AND TAILS or SONIC AND TAILS AND KNUCKLES but none of those new faggoty sonic characters that were introduced when he went 3D.

also

I hope that with this you'll be able to choose MORE AMOUNTS FOR STAMINA. The stamina matches were such a cool idea but they were so lame when it was just a set number. free-for-alls with like 999stamina each would be so awesome.
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
FACT: Uhh Sonic has like 2 attacks total dude.

You haven't played the new Sonic's have you? Just from the GBA and new console ones he has like 10 easy.

(I dont blame you for not playing them either)
  • Moses
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I wish Sonic wouldn't be in it, but I just am not very comfortable with the series or character at all. I wish they'd take a more unlikely character, like a Belmont or, awesomely, Viewtiful Joe.
  • I r TEH DrAgOn RaR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Dynamite Headdy would be the greatest character, ever, EVER in smash bros

god I could imagine that wonderful guy already, with his different heads...I'm sure someone agrees with me :(
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I just think both Sonic and Megaman would fit in really well with the smash bros style. Megaman would be like a heavier and faster Samus with a few different type of blasts. Sonic would just work really well. His basic attacks would be punches similar to Mario's, his down + B would be his trademark spin, and the rest could just be moves from other games or completely new moves. Viewtiful Joe would be a pretty awesome character also. I've never thought about the possibility of him being in Brawl.

Megaman and Sonic both just seem like they'd be easy to incorporate into the smash bros. style, unlike Snake.

Either way, I want a new character update soon.
  • Journeyman Mage
  • PipPipPipPip
You know, guys, the thing about Sonic and Megaman is....if they are going to be included, I just daresay we're not going to find out about it until someone gets the game and unlocks them.

That just seems to me the sort of thing these guys would do. And the unfortunate bit about that is that even if they're not included, there are going to be fake "secret ways of unlocking them" for YEARS after it's released.

So anyway, point is, I wouldn't be waiting for Smashbros.com to tell us about either of those characters, because they won't, at least not until after the gaming news outlets break the story themselves. Assuming there's a story to break.
Websites: Shiningbeam.net (Personal) | Bimini Road (Development Circle)
Releases:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Because of how popular Sonic is, and because of how high the demand is for him in this game, it would be a huge mistake for him to not be included, and an even bigger mistake for him to not be announced before the game is released. Undoubtedly, there will be people who buy the game because they are fans of sonic, not of smash bros. Imagine how much press this game will get when Sonic is announced.

Also: Ice Climbers are back, which is cool, because there were a lot of rumors that they and G&W were removed.
  • ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I am with Cheesy, I think it'd be freakin' sweet if Viewtiful Joe was in SSBB.
EDIT: Removed for reasons with the word "crap".
Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:17:07 am by Blackdest
  • Non Playable Character
  • Pip
You can't really expect A material all the time can you. He wants to save some stuff for when you play the game. Besides which at least this puts to rest those wierd rumours the Ice climbers would disappear. I never thought they would, especially considering they are unique and gimmicky which seems to be what he likes.

Pichu on the otherhand...
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
Yeah, nothing wrong with todays update? It shows a character that was possibly removed hasn't been. Which is good, as although I never play as them, it's fun to try and smash Nana off without killing the blue guy.
You can't really expect A material all the time can you. He wants to save some stuff for when you play the game. Besides which at least this puts to rest those wierd rumours the Ice climbers would disappear. I never thought they would, especially considering they are unique and gimmicky which seems to be what he likes.

Guess I'm just better off at Joystiq or Kotaku, huh... Sucks though that Friday's update is just introducing confirming a Veteran Fighter, which I find not so exciting.

But what the hell. 55 updates to go.
Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:23:51 am by Blackdest
  • This sprite was made by my best friend Max: 1985-2004 I'll never forget you man.
  • PipPip
FACT: Uhh Sonic has like 2 attacks total dude.
:ninja:
Actually Sonic has probably had more attacks than any other platform game hero (except maybe Kirby).
Off the top of my head Sonic can...

-Spin when he jumps which is actually an attack (all his games)
-Spin Dash (almost all his games)
-Homing Attack (All the 3D Sonic games & Sonic Advance 2)
-Create blueish wind that hurts enemies in some way (From SA2 multiplayer, I forgot what it was called)
-Use Chaos Control to teleport (SA2)
-Use Chaos Control to stop time (SA2)
-Use Chaos Control to create spears of energy (SA2, actually Shadow does this but I assume he can too)
-Do a Megaman-ish slide attack (SA2 & Sonic Advance 1-3)
-Slam himself into the ground to bounce higher (SA2)
-Use Light Speed Attack to attack a group of enemies at an incredible speed (SA1)
-Use Light Speed Dash to follow a ring trail or dash to a single ring (it was used as an attack in Sonic Battle)
-Make a wave of blue energy during a jump (Sonic 3, Knuckles & Sonic Advance 1-3)
-Use the powers of various elemental shields (I.E. fire = flame dash) (Sonic 3 and Knuckles)
-Shoot a wave of blue energy (Sonic Battle)
-Throw various punches & kicks (Sonic Battle)
-Not to mention Sonic is super strong, probably even stronger than Mario.

And his Finale Smash is a no-brainer, he could transform into Super Sonic.
Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:45:43 pm by Leric

Demo Blog
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Didn't he say that he planned on releasing everything (all characters, stages, items, etc.) before the game was released since he knew that people would know everything on the day it was released anyways? I'll try to find the quote later, but I'm 99.9% sure I've heard that before.

Ice Climbers coming back is pretty cool. As long as they still keep wavedashing in, Ice Climbers will still be able to kick some serious ass. I hope they made them stronger if the did decide to take wavedashing out though.

Oh, and Leric wins.
  • Moses
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Ice Climbers being here is cool, because 1. they're fun to be sometimes and 2. it dispels those annoying rumors! This makes me happy because there's a possibility of Game n' Watch making a return, which I like, because he kicks ass.

So Viewtiful Joe would definitely be fun to use, it seems like he'd fit in pretty perfectly. Sonic is NOT stronger than Mario, though. I mean... Mario fucking grabs Bowser by the tail and spins him around like a little bitch. Sonic SPINS into Eggman's machines.
  • This sprite was made by my best friend Max: 1985-2004 I'll never forget you man.
  • PipPip
:ninja:
Yeah that's why I said maybe. I mean if you go by Sonic Adventure 2 (1st stage you can literally just run into cars & knock them for what could be considered a homerun) & the Shadow the Hedgehog game (I didn't play this much but I remember you could pick up metal boxes way bigger than you, flip over big ass metal slabs on the ground & even pick up a bus) he seems to be quite on the strong side but his true strength is very debatable.

But yeah at the same time Mario can probably pick up anything (imagine how heavy King Bob-bomb would be in real lfe) & breaks bricks with his hands so... yeah he's probably stronger (not to mention when he punches his hands become 4 or 5 times their normal size).
Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 03:06:28 pm by Leric

Demo Blog
  • All life's a sidetrip, and there is no main plot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
This makes me happy because there's a possibility of Game n' Watch making a return, which I like, because he kicks ass.

Game and Watch fans unite! :woop:
"Every day is once in a lifetime."

Visit the Pokemon Hunter official site!
Read my comic series, Hylian Odyssey!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
-Spin when he jumps which is actually an attack (all his games)
-Spin Dash (almost all his games)
-Homing Attack (All the 3D Sonic games & Sonic Advance 2)
-Slam himself into the ground to bounce higher (SA2)
Hi same move.

-Use Light Speed Attack to attack a group of enemies at an incredible speed (SA1)
-Use Light Speed Dash to follow a ring trail or dash to a single ring (it was used as an attack in Sonic Battle)
Hey look another same move

-Create blueish wind that hurts enemies in some way (From SA2 multiplayer, I forgot what it was called)
-Make a wave of blue energy during a jump (Sonic 3, Knuckles & Sonic Advance 1-3)
-Shoot a wave of blue energy (Sonic Battle)
Wait don't tell me... these are the same too??????

-Use Chaos Control to create spears of energy (SA2, actually Shadow does this but I assume he can too)
Don't assume, they are completely different (see: Shadow the Hedgehog)

-Throw various punches & kicks (Sonic Battle)
-Not to mention Sonic is super strong, probably even stronger than Mario.
-Do a Megaman-ish slide attack (SA2 & Sonic Advance 1-3)
Ok these aren't even moves in the first place.

-Use the powers of various elemental shields (I.E. fire = flame dash) (Sonic 3 and Knuckles)
-Use Chaos Control to teleport (SA2)
-Use Chaos Control to stop time (SA2)
This shit is too useless/impossible to impliment/wouldn't even be associated with Sonic for a 3rd party developer to use.

And his Finale Smash is a no-brainer, he could transform into Super Sonic.
Who is the exact same but golden and maybe faster VERY USEFUL.

Also to your other post: Cross apply that Shadow =/= Sonic.
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
"Wait don't tell me... these are the same too??????"

They really aren't. The first one is a blue tornado, the others are just energy.
Ice Climbers>You