Readme [WIP] Chain Game 4 (Erave: Final Chapter) 12/30 (Read 41834 times)

• SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
tip: read everything I posted about it
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I am stuck on the chapter just after the long cutscene where
My gripe here is that there is this puzzle area, then the cutscene, then the other thing, with NO Save Point! I keep failing and have to watch that stupid scene again.

Quote from: Evangel
You can't run from your past, S4D. YOU CAN'T RUN FROM YOUR PAST!
  • I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Whose chapter?
[insert something here]
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Pretty sure that's mirthless' chapter
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Imay have to pick this thing up myself and see waht to do.. No promiseds righ tnow.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
I am stuck on the chapter just after the long cutscene where
My gripe here is that there is this puzzle area, then the cutscene, then the other thing, with NO Save Point! I keep failing and have to watch that stupid scene again.

That annoyed me too. The fights not too hard though, so keep at it!
  • gnilleps
  • PipPipPipPip
Imay have to pick this thing up myself and see waht to do.. No promiseds righ tnow.

ye who touch the chain game 4 will be left with a most unpleasant curse...
  • I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
The Chain Game curse has affected all of my other projects, too. I haven't touched RPG Maker in over a year.
[insert something here]
  • Call me Fid, just Fid.
  • Pip
The Chain Game curse has affected all of my other projects, too. I haven't touched RPG Maker in over a year.
LOL.

Oh... There was a save-point before the fight... did I take it out? Well shit lol

How do people find that fight hard anyways?

So we haven't heard opinions of people who have finished the game, how was it?
Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:55:56 am by Mirthless
Standing up for what I believe in, even if it means standing alone.
  • I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I expect an overwhelmingly negative response. People will come in here expecting Final Fantasy XIII or some shit.
[insert something here]
  • Ryoko's future hubby
  • PipPipPipPip
TBH some of the earlier chapters were so hard back when I was making my part that I don't want to do them a 2nd time just to see what came after my part. Some of the puzzles and 'fights' are nearly impossible to pull off
Peace and Love
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I didn't think it was too bad, although I cant remember how far I got.. some of the puzzles were actually rather fun if not very frustrating at times. Like I remember a part where you had to choose fire, magic, melee or something along those lines and each one had a weakness and a strength over the other... there were 2 or 3 guys in a row you had to get through with this strat and I kept choosing the wrong ones.

I think I gave up when I reached a temple/castle of some sort and had to pick up gems/rubies of some kind then activate switches on the faces in the walls within the time limit, I had no idea what was going on and it kept instantly killing me.. I was also stupid enough to save the game while the time limit was at 3seconds or something stupid like that and would die everytime I loaded my game up. I'm sure no one has any idea what I'm talking about..
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Ah, yes, Nessiah's evil puzzle thing. The stuff of nightmares. :o *nooffensenessiah*
[insert something here]
  • Call me Fid, just Fid.
  • Pip
TBH some of the earlier chapters were so hard back when I was making my part that I don't want to do them a 2nd time just to see what came after my part. Some of the puzzles and 'fights' are nearly impossible to pull off
Shooting arrows? Instant death? What game are you talking about? LOL
Well you should know that mostly everything is less difficult than when you made your chapter.

@Massy: I know what you're talking about, happened to me the first time too. I should have included better hints. Basically you cannot walk on the tiles of a light color. Additionally, don't walk close to the line of sight of those lion-thing statues.
Standing up for what I believe in, even if it means standing alone.
  • pimpin' my +4 plumed hat of power
  • PipPipPip
So...

It's been awhile :fogetpinecone:

Any news? Any progress?

Anyone still care?
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hmm. I guess I can play it and see if i cna help in any way- with the writing at least.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
ARRGH! You may well want to table this thing for now and jump to Chain Game 5.
I suggest if you do that you guys have a general planned-out difficulty arc all laid out when you start- or at least keep in mind the fact that the USUAL way of structuring a game is to Get harder as you progress! If the very first chapter is pull-your-hair out difficult- as with this one- many people are likely to throw up their hands and not bother with it. I'd also like the DBS to be allowed so newbies like me can work on it.
  • *peck*
  • PipPipPip
November 17th, 2007.

Um, guys.

Guys.
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
ARRGH! You may well want to table this thing for now and jump to Chain Game 5.
I could have sworn they already decided that what they made was all that there was going to be, since there was no ending in sight to the curse. Even if they had a clear plot established for the fifth, which would kill the purpose in this entire idea, life would happen, and the game wouldn't be finished.
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I have lots  of time on my hands so I May well be able to break the "Curse" , o0r at least bring this story to an end, if I can only get through the tale... I'm guessing part of the problem is the time limit on each section.  And  making the earlier parts easier than the later ones is only a guideline- those who delight in creating high-difficulty situations could deliberately choose a latter stage knowing that that's where their skills would be most useful, while beginners might chose the earlier stages as they might be less work to create.
I must say that the Ruthless Earl's not very efficient- he'd produce more agony with less work but using more puzzles and less traps.