Topic: 'Watchmen' movie... and videogame... (Read 29861 times)

• Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Hey guys, the posters are out.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/08/01/wb-releases-those-watchmen-posters/
and
The 1986 house ads they redid: http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/03/13/fearful-scenery-vintage-watchmen-ads/
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
i still have a lot of reservations about this movie but damn those posters look good.
  • lauren's givin head
  • PipPipPip
I dont know if this counts for anything but: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/15/kevin-smith-has-seen-watchmen-its-fking-astounding/

also i want to see this movie, the comic was sick.
  • sea of vodka
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
wait, if the movie is FINISHED, why wont it be released for like eight months?
  • old skool
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Someone find it and steal it or something D:
  • Ò_Ó
Well if KEVIN SMITH says its-fcking-astounding.......
  • Comrade!
  • PipPip
Except he also thinks Sin City was amazing.

Yeah we're fucked.
  • sea of vodka
i mean

i thought sin city was a pretty alright adaptation of the books, even though i didn't read all of them.  like i don't know what you were expecting but the books were basically GRITTY, STYLIZED FILM NOIRISH SHIT//VERYSEXIST and that's more or less what you got with the movie.
  • I fear and I tremble
and he did say ten times better
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • :rite:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i mean

i thought sin city was a pretty alright adaptation of the books, even though i didn't read all of them.  like i don't know what you were expecting but the books were basically GRITTY, STYLIZED FILM NOIRISH SHIT//VERYSEXIST and that's more or less what you got with the movie.

yeah i guess corny noirish grit is good when its on paper but when it's in a movie HWO NO
wait, if the movie is FINISHED, why wont it be released for like eight months?

They probably still have to finalize certain effects, change parts, etc. I forget what the usual term for this is. Postproduction or something maybe. Idk.
  • Insane teacher
I hated the Sin City movie but yeah part of the reason was because it was such a literal translation from the comic book (WASTE OF FILM HEH).

of course I see this as a problem for the Watchmen movie considering the original work is really dependent on the fact that it is a comic book (the whole thing is a deconstruction of superheros or whatever) but these considerations are not really things I'd expect KEVIN SMITH to figure out so it's probably really accurate yeah.
brian chemicals
  • Insane teacher
basically yes I'd rather they not follow the original work literally and change it for the movie, commence nerdrage.

A History of Violence was much better because the director did this.
brian chemicals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
David C didn't even know that History of Violence was based on a graphic novel until well into the movie's production.
now is the winter of our discontent
  • ~GW Music Guy~
  • PipPip
No. He's only credited because he wrote a screenplay.

I like the trailer, it's kinda cool. Mainly because it was very very well cut. I love that shot when they stretch out the flag to the music and they show the Comedian. My main complaint is that everything is in slow motion. Also Rorschauch's voice is not near as badass as the way Alan Moore does it.

The song is 'Smashing Pumpkins - The Beginning' is the End is the Beginning from the Batman & Robin soundtrack.

I remember yelling "WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN" in the theatre really loud but no one knew what I was talking about.................

I'm going to be a fag smart ass and correct you. The song from Batman & Robin is actually "The End Is The Beginning Is The End".
This version is a remake and thus called "The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning."
Said Bizzle.

I'm going to be a fag smart ass and correct you. The song from Batman & Robin is actually "The End Is The Beginning Is The End".
This version is a remake and thus called "The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning."

I'm going to be a smart ass and correct you and tell you Psyburn is right!

They were both on the OST for B&R.

This version isn't a remake lol. One is slow, one is fast. They were both from Batman & Robin and made for it. You should probably learn your facts, buddy!
  • The Notorious M.O.G.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I really want to see a live action version of Rorschach unmasked; I want to see what actor successfully pulls of his disheveled absolutist lunatic look. 

NO! MY FACE! GIVE IT BACK
Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 07:38:39 am by Feldschlacht IV
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
basically yes I'd rather they not follow the original work literally and change it for the movie, commence nerdrage.

A History of Violence was much better because the director did this.

Yeah, comics and movies are two really different media so I'm not sure that a straight port would work that well, and honestly I'd be kind of interested in seeing how a good director could maybe use the source material as a guideline and actually make the whole thing his own... It's just that nothing I've seen from Zack Snyder makes me think he'd be a good choice for something like this. I might be judging too harshly based on only two films (and one of them was a Frank Miller adaptation so it's probably not fair to exclusively blame Snyder for it being brainless and shallow), but yeah, they were both just really overstylised stupid action movies and I don't think he would be able to add much to the comic apart from explosions/nu-metal soundtrack.
http://harmonyzone.org
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I really want to see a live action version of Rorschach unmasked; I want to see what actor successfully pulls of his disheveled absolutist lunatic look. 

NO! MY FACE! GIVE IT BACK
this guys plays rorschach
  • sea of vodka
wow, he's pretty unattractive!  i think if he grew some hair he'd make an alright rorschach, at least in terms of appearance.