Movies Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Read 4528 times)

• Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

As many might already know, the upcoming Indiana Jones flick will be released on May 22. It will be starring ol' Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchette, Shia LaBeouf, John Hurt among others. Not much of the plot is revealed but as the title suggest, it will be about the Crystal Skulls, ancient skulls made in crystal (duh). Instead of germans, the russians will be the bad guys this time around with Cate Blanchette in the lead.

The teaser trailer was released earlier today. You can find it by clicking on the link below.
http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

My personal opinion: I wasn't very excited about the film before. I love the old ones but I kinda doubted this one. There's been alot of sequels to old films lately (blame Stallone) but after viewing the trailer, my interest went from 30% to 90%. Last 10% will probably go up within the week of the release. Ford may be old but he can still use that whip of his!
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
How about this for 10%: Lucasfilm have made very few bad films.

Yeah, I will be most definitely looking forward to this. Then again, I am a big Indiana Jones (well, Lucasfilm) fan.
Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 06:25:16 pm by Rockman.
  • Quoth the raven "Nevermore."
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I originally wasn't interested in this at all. Not even simply because sequels usually suck or whatever, but more because I'm just not that big of Indiana Jones fan. I liked all the movies as a kid, but re-watching them now that I'm older, I think they're all pretty laughably corny.

But I heard that they're not going to be using much CGI (although it looks like there's a lot in that trailer), and instead are going to use more traditional special effects techniques, in order to keep a consistent style with the other three. I think that's very cool, and the Star Wars prequels definitely should've done that. I mean, it's pretty sad that all three of the original Star Wars still more or less hold up to today's standards, but The Phantom Manace is already horribly dated by it's CGI. It hasn't even been out a full ten years yet. :(

And I also like Shia LaBeouf. He's not in very many dramatic roles from what I've seen (only two I can think of off the top of my head are Tru Confessions which was really dumb, and A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints which was really good), so it's hard to actually judge him as a serious actor, but he just seems like a cool guy and I've grown up with him, so.

And also it's hard not to get excited hearing that theme song. So yeah, even though I'm not a big Indiana Jones fan, I'm looking forward to this.
  • even more eviler than Skeletor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Lucasfilm have made very few bad films.
Hhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

...maybe Rockman hasn't seen Star Wars Ep 1 - 3....

I am looking forward to this movie, because Indiana Jones is cool.

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..
  • Fuckin' A.
But I heard that they're not going to be using much CGI (although it looks like there's a lot in that trailer), and instead are going to use more traditional special effects techniques, in order to keep a consistent style with the other three. I think that's very cool, and the Star Wars prequels definitely should've done that. I mean, it's pretty sad that all three of the original Star Wars still more or less hold up to today's standards, but The Phantom Manace is already horribly dated by it's CGI. It hasn't even been out a full ten years yet. :(
If this is true, this will be a wonderful film.

Also, I still can't tell the original Star Wars trilogy's space sequences from actual space. =P

EDIT: What, those three good films (well, 2 good and one quite good)? I have. (also notice that I said very few. very few.[/b] as in just Howard the Duck, or Howard the Duck and The Phantom Menace if you're not a Star Wars fan)
Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 06:32:13 pm by Rockman.
  • Quoth the raven "Nevermore."
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Hhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

...maybe Rockman hasn't seen Star Wars Ep 1 - 3....
Or, even worse, Howard the Duck. :(

But I guess American Graffiti balances that out.
  • Captalist pig :|
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I've been waiting for this for about 15 years! Indiana Jones films were always my favourite films as a kid and I have been following the release of the new film for about a year, so I'm really stoked for this!

The trailer looks complete badass. Spielberg never seems to let us down
  • some sort of land-cow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I LOVE INDIANA JONES. I just got the Young Indy Chronicles on DVD, I watch them all the time, I have the original trilogy and half the chronicles on VHS, I have made Indiana Jones games, sprites, I have a RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK poster in my room....

THIS IS GOING TO BE KILLER SWEET, the trailer looks a little corny, especially with Indy whipping around and stuff, he is supposed to our quintessential realist hero, he get hurt, shot, breaks ribs, falls down, gets beat up, etc, and to see him flipping around like that is a little disheartening, especially when he goes right through the windshield of that truck, without an OUCH or anything.

Anyways, I've been looking forward to this movie since I was a kid.
Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 06:47:44 pm by Blitzen
outerspacepotatoman
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
THIS IS GOING TO BE KILLER SWEET, the trailer looks a little corny, especially with Indy whipping around and stuff, he is supposed to our quintessential realist hero, he get hurt, shot, breaks ribs, falls down, gets beat up, etc, and to see him flipping around like that is a little disheartening, especially when he goes right through the windshield of that truck, without an OUCH or anything.

I would almost dare to guess that they left all the "ouch" lines out of the trailer so that people won't go "lol, they've made him so oooold and whiny!" and not realizing that he's been like that all along (not whiny but complaining over the wounds). You catch my drift.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
  • Simulant
  • Group: Member
The Indiana Jones movies are my favourites. I pray that they don't screw it up! I think the teaser, being only rough, it's quite okay. Harrison's still got it. I won't be completely content until it comes out though. After those just plain awful Star Wars prequels (come on whoever may, don't defend them - they are dreadful) I can't help but have that nagging lack of confidence in the back of my mind.
Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:26:57 pm by TheInquisitor

http://rjanes.co.uk
http://www.rpg-palace.com/
  • Fuckin' A.
(come on whoever may, don't defend them - they are dreadful)
Oh come on, they're not Rocky V bad. It's just because of what you have to compare them against (and I will admit that Episode I wasn't that good.)
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
The Indiana Jones movies are my favourites. I pray that they don't screw it up! I think the teaser, being only rough, it's quite okay. Harrison's still got it. I won't be completely content until it comes out though. After those just plain awful Star Wars prequels (come on whoever may, don't defend them - they are dreadful) I can't help but have that nagging lack of confidence in the back of my mind.

You seem to forget that the prequels were made by Lucas himself with a bunch of aye-sayers around him (which happens when you're the boss of your independent company). Lucas is simply a producer of this film while Spielberg is making the final decisions (or so I'd like to think). I doubt he and Harrison Ford would go through with this if they didn't believe in the film themselves.

On a different note, I enjoy the prequels because they are fun to watch.  :gwa:
Ock ock, Ack ack!
  • Simulant
Oh, I have faith in Spielberg, Liman. But I haven't seen a good action movie in the cinema for a longgggg time, so I'm quite wary. Apart from the very occasional one these days, few seem to have that long lasting charm that they have in the 80s and early 90s. I'd love to see this movie as a big success that shows current movie makers just what has been lost over the last decade.

http://rjanes.co.uk
http://www.rpg-palace.com/
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
And I also like Shia LaBeouf. He's not in very many dramatic roles from what I've seen (only two I can think of off the top of my head are Tru Confessions which was really dumb, and A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints which was really good), so it's hard to actually judge him as a serious actor, but he just seems like a cool guy and I've grown up with him, so.

I love Shia LaBeouf. I grew up with him, too. I love Even Stevens. I remember seeing Tru Confessions, too. :P But you forgot his wonderful performance in The Greatest Game Ever Played.
http://www.fallingbot.com/
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I thought Shia was great in Transformers and Disturbia, haven't seen his older stuff though. Best part of the teaser.."Damn, I thought that was closer" haha and it seems that Harrison Ford has still got it! I eagerly await this film, should be awesome.

• kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
Yah I love indy (even the spin-off Young indy series was really awesome), so I kinda have hopes for this. Shia is kinda gay, but he's THE YOUNG ACTOR at the moment apparently so I kinda guessed he would be in it before knowing. Spielberg I dunno I hope he can do it right, but he hasn't exactly been the best director around in recent years.
(the star wars prequels are just bad films... on every aspect of being a film, regardless of even on a Star Wars scale)
  • some sort of land-cow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Episode 3 was a well crafted operatic story, IMO, and the only thing that ruined it was Hayden Christensen's acting (which had improved over the course of the prequel trilogy). Other than that it was a pretty good film.

But as it's been said, it doesn't seem like they are relying on hevy special effects but more traditional stunts and action film techniques and whatnot, so ILM probably won't be involved so much, and the cinemattic narrative probably won't take a backseat to showing off any fancy special effects, which is something the prequel trilogy suffered from.
outerspacepotatoman
  • Captalist pig :|
  • PipPipPipPipPip
ILM did all the special fx in the original films
  • :O~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Man, that was great. I'm actually looking forward to it.
youtube.com/teamhibbert
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Man, I really can't wait for this. The original trilogy is awesome and Indiana Jones movies are among my favorites. Harrison Ford is one of my favorite actor and this is a movie I have been looking forward to a long time and I'm definitely going to see it. The trailer was good, though it had more CGI than I had expected. But still, it definitely felt like Indiana Jones and that's a good thing.
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death