Tech ~~xXx([{TELL]})xXx~~how much is your computer shit worth (Read 334 times)

• I will.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
i am sure that there are some people here who own a lot of computer shit. i am also sure that some of that shit was very expensive. basically post what you own and how much it's worth (and also your home address and a list of times you won't be home) because it is interesting.

this all came about because my neighbor got her computer jacked the other night, and she was bitching to me about it saying that her leather designer laptop case (some really ugly versace leather bag thing) cost as much as her computer ($1,200) The funny thing is that whoever took it probably thought they were just taking some random bag with a computer in it.

Anyway, you can just post how ridiculously expensive your tricked-out gaming machine is, or you can list all of your peripherals and software too. I don't really care, it's just interesting to see what kind of investment people make in their computers.

when i list the software and files, i'll just put the market value, because iirc, i haven't actually bought any of it. i think it will also be interesting to look at how much my media would be worth if i had downloaded them from the itunes store

Hardware total - $1,275

Software total (minus media) - $1,450

Total (minus media) - $2,725

Total - $8,878

:rolleyes:

Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 06:51:30 pm by PandaBear
boop oop a doop
  • VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
Hm.

I'll stick to hardware.

I've got a MacBook 13" inch, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM and some other stuff, that's worth €1100. I have a 23" inch Apple Cinema Display to go with it, which is €900. I also got these fancy speakers which are sort of expensive (€400) but really well worth it. Then I've got a stack of external hard drives that together make up about €250 (I actually probably paid more for them back in the day, since I bought some of them a few years ago). Oh, and I bought an external TV receiver card worth €200.

And that's basically it. That makes a total of €2850, which is $4468.80.
  • BAA2U
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
My 6000 x2, 4gb DDR2 800, sli mobo, and 650w PSU cost $350, the case, mouse and keyboard I got for 85$, a 160gb and two 80gb drives that cost me about $250 back when I got them several years ago along with my Audigy 2 ZS for $50, and still on my Viewsonic G810 21" inch CRT that I've had even longer, which was $300 back in it's day. Paid $210 for the first 8800 GT and $190 for the second. Add about $30 for fans and thermal grease and it comes to about $1465.
Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 08:02:05 pm by goat
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Well my tower cost me £875. I spent another £30 on ram. External HD was back then about £100. Printer/Scanner is £20. Mouse and keyboard are £10 for the pair. X-Box controller for my pc was £20. Headphones are £5. Speakers are £5. Tablet cost £50. Monitor was £90. Webcams £5 each, Router/modem/whatever £30. Highspeed USB thing was £10. Oh yeah and £60 for an external DVD drive/burner.   (I will keep adding to this when I remember more)
So that's about
£1,315 (so about $2600) on hardware (and I KNOW I am forgetting somethings here!). (also I have a spare tower that cost me £900 from a year and a half ago, But it was from PC World so I know now that even then it would've only been £100 worth. But that doesn't count here!)
games, I paid about £700+ ($1400) for them (like I also buy special editions and shit so yeah... that's why!)
If we're including media I have on my computer (as in copied from CDs) then I have about 250 CDs with price ranging from £5 to £20 so I can't be bothered to price that up!
Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 08:16:18 pm by Kaworu
  • I'm a hairy, slutty and drunk Mexican!
  • PipPipPipPip
My Dell XPS M1710 was worth $3000USD. And fucking windows vista ruins it. :(
Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:56:10 am by Pulits
"I think EVERYONE here on GW has to have cranked one out over Pulits or Trujin before. How's it feel, guys?" - Christophomicus <--Feels great, btw.
  • The Notorious M.O.G.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
My cheap, soon to be replacedbyadesktop Toshiba laptop was about 750 dollars, but now I'm sure its worth even less now.
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
My desktop (which currently needs new RAM because it's a huge brick right now) cost me around $900 when I got it, but looking at prices of similar computers it seems to be worth about $400 now.  Still, when it's NOT a brick, it's a pretty great machine so who cares?
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Master of Darkness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Erm...lets see....
Hardware only:

Intel Quad Core Q6600 - $250 at the time.
8800GT - $270
Gigabyte DS3L motherboard - $90
Seagate 320GB - $60
2GB DDR2 800 - $50
Zerotherm Nirvana - $40
Cheap Logitech speakers - $30
Acer 22" Monitor - $220
250GB External HD - $80?
Logitech MX518 Mouse - $30
CM690 case - $50
Logitech Wireless gamepad - $30
Extra fans, arctic cooling, etc - $40ish

So I guess that's around $1200. I'm pretty much done upgrading my computer. The last time I actually did was over 4 years ago, so this is a big step up for me.
I won't even bother with all the media. I'd say that would be hundreds more though.
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
I've made a new stickied topic that is a catch all for anything you want to talk about your computer.  Since this topic was just made recently, I'll leave it open for a little bit, but in the future please use the stickied topic for this kind of discussion.
  • Meh.
Just ordered a new Motherboard, Graphics Card, CPU, and Psu for around $400. 19" Widescreen HD monitor - $129. Mousepen Tablet - ~$50. Speakers - free. Mouse - free. Keyboard - free. Printer - free. Surge Protector - free. 250 Gig External HD - free. 80 Gig Internal HD - free.

Hardware - ~$579
m
ohap
  • BAA2U
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
how'd you get so much for free?
  • Meh.
Birthday/Christmas/Stealing  :fogetnaughty:
m