Sony Why now.. (Read 871 times)

• Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Well I always thought the Playstation 3 was a reliable piece of hardware, I mean I keep it in a well ventilated area, always make sure it's clean and dust free but no, I suddenly try to play The Orange Box a couple of days ago and I get a.."Error 80010514" I even called up the Sony help line and they kept asking me really stupid questions like "Did you hit the Playstation 3 with a hammer?" and kept going on about how reliable and proud they are with their system, got kind of annoying after a while.

Anyways I have Grand Theft Auto IV on pre-order and this sh!t happens so it has to be sent away for a MONTH!!! so I cant even play the game Ive been waiting for since it's announcement.

Edit - To elaborate more on "Error 80010514" It's an error with the Blue Ray drive or whatever and what it does is it doesn't read Blue Ray discs anymore, which is the only thing I want it to do just a few days away from Grand Theft Auto IV!

• Here are some of their hands
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Really bad timing if you ask me.  Send out for a repair.  It shouldn't take too long.  I had to send in my box after the RSX fucking fried and they gave me a brand new one.  Once I sent it in, they gave me a tracking number and it took maybe a few days for my order to come off the backlist.  Once it was off the backlist, it was a matter of 16 hours from the time they shipped it to the time I received it, and I'm in fucking Alaska.  Mine was good timing, though.  I was waiting on my Rock Band drums and the PlayStation Store was down, too, so I wasn't going to miss anything. 

Hope you kept the receipt, though.  Make sure you back up your shit, too.  If they send you a new one (this is the shitty part) you'll lose all copy-protected saves and you'll have to download any DLC again, since both are tied to the PS3 hardware's unique ID, not the hard drive.
Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:43:36 pm by Pasty
  • Group: Guest
Sounds like the PS2s greatest selling point has reached the ps3 now....

PS3 #2 will break in 6 months too...
  • Gameboy Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
do... do you always spell shit with an exclamation point instead of an i?

I MEAN boy howdy it sure sucks when consoles break huh
  • Blackman the Game: 0% complete
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
why...

why now!!!! WHY NOW!!!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY..... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit happens is basically all there is to say.

also sarevok neither of my ps2's have EVER broken so phooey.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
@Pasty - Nah yeah the hard drives going to be wiped which sucks, I just hope they don't give me a new Playstation 3 because mines a 60gig and they only have the 40gig on sale right now?

@Roman - I originally typed this on a forum that doesn't allow swearing so.

I'm just pissed I managed to get into the 0.4% failure rate!

• The Plucky Pedagogue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I've never actually known anybody with this problem. Did you hit your ps3 with a hammer? :)
Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 08:59:31 am by The Magi
Balmung Cycle Part I: Completed Game
  • BAA2U
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I hear it's the PS3's RRoD, and that it just recently started cropping up. I also read a news article that says sony should be able to replace most PS3s with this issue, if you send them in.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yea itzz been sent in 4 2 weekz aye.. i fucken wasted nw!! haha

• ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Eijin, I told you not to drunk post on GW when I was talking to you on MSN.

;(

So does the PS3 have its own RRoD, then (albeit not as commonplace)? I've never heard of it, so I'm merely curious.