Nature Rare Games! (Read 183 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
What rare games do you have/have you come in contact with? How much are they worth?

My only truly rare game (I think) is the original Monster Rancher, which I happened to come across in a game shop that has since gone out of business. It cost me about 30$, but its worth about 50$ now.

I checked to see if this was already a topic but couldn't find one so meh.
  • Nightmare
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I have Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Hellnight. The second one is pretty much unheard of.

I don't remember any more.
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I managed to get my hands on a PS2 copy of Marvel VS Capcom 2. I found it used at an EB and I paid $39.99 for it. It's in perfect condition and it runs smoothly. I don't know how much it's worth as I did get it solely for the gameplay and not to make profit, but I have read of people selling it for $70+. I think I'll be holding onto it though since it's so much fun.
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It depends, but sometimes Night Trap can sell for a nice chunk of change (at least over $30, not SUPER VALUABLE but still).  I have a few different copies of it.  Rhapsody can occasionally sell for a shitload (and sometimes not sell for much at all, it's really weird...I've seen it go for $15 and over $100, I don't know what causes that), but my copy is too scratched to really play.  Apparently Super Mario RPG can sell for a lot ($70+? I've seen it for that much at least) but I always thought that was one of those games everyone owned and didn't need to buy, still I guess it's more rare than I thought.  I have the manual for it too.  Illusion of Gaia is rare I think, I can't remember how much it's worth.  Wing Commander III for the 3DO can sell for a good amount too, but unfortunately I only have two of the discs because my dad picked them up for $1 at a flea market (although for my own playing I can pirate the other discs).  I also have the original PSX RPG Maker but I have no idea what it's worth.

In a related note, I wish I had a Dreamcast Broadband Adapter because those things are fucking EXPENSIVE and I want to try playing online DC games for a little while then sell the adapter.

I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • thx ds k?
i have harvest moon 64 which apparently goes for around $70 on ebay.
  • Kid Squaresoft
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I have a few games that are, or are considered to be, rare.

Chrono Trigger (with the box and manual)
Paper Mario
Bushido Blade
Bushido Blade 2
Gunstar Heroes (probably not rare but I've only ever seen one copy of this game)

and then some of the previously mentioned games:
Illusion of Gaia
Harvest Moon 64
SotN
Obituary: A detective story I wrote
  • TV people want to leave
i have harvest moon 64 which apparently goes for around $70 on ebay.

I think I posted this in the What's On Your Mind thread but I found this at the flea market for $20 and right as I was about to ask the woman to get it out of the display case for me her husband came up and told her to get it out and mark it up to a price I couldn't afford because he found out from another guy there that it was worth so much more.

Fuck that dude.

I should have stolen this when I used to rent it from Blockbuster.  It's not like it would have mattered considering they have 99% VHS tapes there still (obviously business is not booming)
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • BAA2U
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I have the Matrox Mystique version of Mechwarrior 2.
  • Fnord.
  • PipPip
All I really have in Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.  A week or two ago a local game store was supposed to be holding a complete copy of Earthbound for me so I could buy it when I had the money 2 days later, but uh they sold it to someone else.
  • THE FAT ONE
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It depends, but sometimes Night Trap can sell for a nice chunk of change (at least over $30, not SUPER VALUABLE but still).  I have a few different copies of it.  Rhapsody can occasionally sell for a shitload (and sometimes not sell for much at all, it's really weird...I've seen it go for $15 and over $100, I don't know what causes that), but my copy is too scratched to really play.  Apparently Super Mario RPG can sell for a lot ($70+? I've seen it for that much at least) but I always thought that was one of those games everyone owned and didn't need to buy, still I guess it's more rare than I thought.  I have the manual for it too.  Illusion of Gaia is rare I think, I can't remember how much it's worth.  Wing Commander III for the 3DO can sell for a good amount too, but unfortunately I only have two of the discs because my dad picked them up for $1 at a flea market (although for my own playing I can pirate the other discs).  I also have the original PSX RPG Maker but I have no idea what it's worth.
Chrono Trigger (with the box and manual)
Paper Mario
Bushido Blade
Bushido Blade 2
Gunstar Heroes (probably not rare but I've only ever seen one copy of this game)

and then some of the previously mentioned games:
Illusion of Gaia
Harvest Moon 64
SotN

Actually none of these games are rare (in terms of quantity) it's just that idiots on ebay proclaim everything under the sun to be rare in order to get an exorbitant price out of it.  Shame is, idiots will pay bucco bucks for it.  Earthbound had hundreds of thousands of copies circulating but because of cult popularity everyone expects 100+ dollerz for it.  I have a small list of ACTUAL RARE GAMES that I don't mind sharing (hay guyz look how big my dick is!)

Resident Evil (the original psx version): Had like, 100,000 copies made then was discontinued until the Director's Cut came out.
Ardy Lightfoot: Seriously, this game had about a 50,000 copy run.
Psychonauts: It usually goes for a decent price on ebay but there only 100,000 or so copies made for the ps2 and xbox COMBINED
Wing Commander: Kilrathi Saga - A limited edition collection of the original 3 wing commander games
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - I think it was quoted somewhere that the European "Lucifer's Call" had a larger circulation than the American edition
Elemental Gearbolt: Assassin's Case - a prize given away at convention tournaments.  There's like... 50 in existence.
Arc the Lad Collection - Released right before Working Designs went under and had less copies than Lunar 1 and 2

A couple of rare games that I wouldn't mind owning:

Star Fox promotion edition
Donkey Kong gameshow edition (something like that)
Christmas NiGHTS (a limited edition demo disc with a christmas theme)
Team Buddies - I played a demo and it was like fucking LEGO WARS or something.  Apparently it had less than 100,000 copies made but it's so fucking cheap online because people are dumb.
Fox Hunt -I'll buy it eventually.  I loved the dumb humor in this game and it's ultra rare but so unpopular it goes for like... 2 bux online.
Popful Mail -another rare game but since it's on a system no one cares for it's pretty cheap
Dirty Dwarves -same as above
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

Ugh, that's all on the top of my head.  I have more lying around because I'm an avid collector but Family Guy is on.

• ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Haha, I've got Christmas NiGHTS, Team Buddies and Psychonauts. :D Picked up the first two for five bucks each, and Psychonauts I think was 50? I just bought it 'cause it looked cool, I had no idea it was that rare.
  • 2nd oldest Crestfallen Few
  • PipPip
The games that I heard are rare that I have are:

Kirby Super Star
Donkey Kong(normal one, the comp one goes for $1000+ I hear)
Super Mario RPG(so I have heard its rare since I still have a box, but the box is less then mint)
tnodekatemittuoforuoyefilotedocedsiht
  • Mosth Fearshomist Pirate Eversh.
  • PipPip
I have Sword of Mana for the GBA, which is pretty hard to find, as it was a limited release.  I also have some original 5.5" floppy discs of Space Quest III, Kings Quest 1, and an original NES copy of Monster Party.  Also, I have a PC copy of Psychonauts, though a friend of mine has a PAL copy of Psychonauts, mint, signed by Tim Schafer.
  • Shows up when you least expect it
I had the original Monster Rancher and Resident Evil(but in the jewel case), but they got stolen a long time ago. My uncle used to have Resident Evil in the old Playstation game packaging(the bulky case that is sort of similar to PS2 game cases), but he lent it out and it was never returned.

Closest things to rare I have that hasn't been stolen or anything are Suikoden 1 and 2, Star Ocean: The Second Story and Tales Of Destiny for Playstation. I don't really know if SO:TSS or TOD really count as rare, and I know that the Suikodens were once sought after until they were remade for PSP.

STILL Good For A Laugh Now And Then
My TF2 Backpack
  • Evil at its horniest.
  • PipPip
I guess most of my Megaten games count, especially Nocturne.
  • Nuckle Child
I have (just the original CD) of Dark legions for PC!

I also have Tex Murphy's Under a Killing Moon! (Orig box, cd's, and booklet)
This was by far my favourite game when I was young.

• Developer of "Eternal Conflict" Series
  • PipPipPipPipPip
All GCN Resident Evils -- they go for ~$70 on EBay each
However that's about it...

I don't know if these are special but I have the NES Zelda games both with a gold plated cartridge.  I don't know if they are special or not, but they could be.
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I managed to get my hands on a PS2 copy of Marvel VS Capcom 2. I found it used at an EB and I paid $39.99 for it. It's in perfect condition and it runs smoothly. I don't know how much it's worth as I did get it solely for the gameplay and not to make profit, but I have read of people selling it for $70+. I think I'll be holding onto it though since it's so much fun.

This is me.

Except it's actually worth ~90$. They didn't make too many copies...
  • if i had ur face for an ass id b ashamed to shit
  • PipPipPipPip
I guess most of my Megaten games count, especially Nocturne.

Im with this guy...took me a while to get my hands on both Digital Devil Saga games...
  • Kid Squaresoft
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Well, Marcus, out of all those games you listed the only one I have is Popful Mail.  It's pretty fun but I suck at action platformers.
Obituary: A detective story I wrote