Topic: Some Torrent problems (Read 1372 times)

• I`m serious!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Hey guys,

I`ve downloaded a game using bittorrent. The torrent is loaded, but I don`t know what to do now. Now I have a big file in my computer and I need to know how to use it.

I tried mounting the image with daemon, nothing. I tried a emulator, also nothing. The place where I downloaded the torrent also didn`t give any info.

I`ve been looking around the internet for about 2 days now and starting to get desperate. So does anyone know what I need to do to play this game?

It`s a psp game btw. The map contains many .Rar files and other random files. I tried opening a rar file. In it there was an other map called psp_game. This looks like it could be the game but nothing in it allows me to play (unless I`m missing some program to play)

(And sorry if all this is very noobish. This is the first game I ever downloaded with bittorrent)
I like pie :-)
  • Master of Darkness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
The file is fine. You need to convert the psp_game folder in an ISO file. There are several programs out there that do this. I'd recommend UMDgen, just google for a download.
Usually PSP games come in ISO format, so you probably could have found a file already converted.
But yeah, hope you have custom firmware.
  • I`m serious!
  • PipPipPipPip
The file is fine. You need to convert the psp_game folder in an ISO file. There are several programs out there that do this. I'd recommend UMDgen, just google for a download.
Usually PSP games come in ISO format, so you probably could have found a file already converted.
But yeah, hope you have custom firmware.

So how do I convert the folder to an ISO? And what happens when it`s an Iso? How will I recognize it?

I know absolutely nothing of this stuff Neo. You`ll have to hold my hand through every step on this one. Please.
download umdgen 4. then you can just drag+drop the folder into the program, and compile it as an iso (though you should use cso unless its a GTA game). save it to somewhere easily accessible (desktop) if you're not sure that you'll be able to find it. then put the file in your /iso/ folder.

The only game i've ever even seen uploaded like that was syphon filter. you can probably just find what ever game it is already compiled, if this is giving you too much trouble.
  • I`m serious!
  • PipPipPipPip
Hmm... the file already was a .iso when I extracted it I got the psp_game folder. What do I do with this psp folder?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Wait, from the start:

1) If its multiple .rar files, then you rightclick on partnumber.00 and click "extract here", it will extract and merge all the files into the main one you need.

2) if it extracts into an ISO file, then all you need to do is put it in your PSP under the, well, ISO folder. Same with a CSO file.

3) if its a PS1 .EBOOT file, it goes under X:\PSP\GAME\GAMEFOLDERNAME

EDIT:

you don't EXTRACT the .ISO file silly. You just extract the original .rar file. You PUT the .ISO file on you memstick under the ISO folder.
Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 01:18:27 pm by Aten
  • I`m serious!
  • PipPipPipPip
1) If its multiple .rar files, then you rightclick on partnumber.00 and click "extract here", it will extract and merge all the files into the main one you need.
Yes so far, this is what happened.

2) if it extracts into an ISO file, then all you need to do is put it in your PSP under the, well, ISO folder. Same with a CSO file.
No. The .rar file didn`t have an iso in it. It had a normal yellow map file and with a lot of stuff in it (psp_game) and some Bin-file

EDIT:

you don't EXTRACT the .ISO file silly. You just extract the original .rar file. You PUT the .ISO file on you memstick under the ISO folder.
Eh.. excuse me, what? Ok so I used UMDgen v4.00 to make a Iso file of the .rar file. It turned into an iso with psp_game in it and this little Bin-file. What`s next. I need to put it in my memory stick under the ISO folder? What would be a computers memory stick?
  • Chapter Four: The Imagination And Where It Leads
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
buy the game
  • I`m serious!
  • PipPipPipPip
Did you have to use size increase?
you lost me at 'yellow map file'.
  • Master of Darkness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
RPGer, you DO have custom firmware right? I'm just wondering, because if not what you're doing is pointless.

You need a Memory Stick Pro Duo for the PSP, at least a 2GB for you. If you don't have that, you'll need to buy one. From there, connect your PSP to your computer through the USB option. A pop up will come up and you'll be able to view a bunch of different folders on your PSP(if it's custom firmware). From there, you do what Aten said, move the ISO to this:
X:\PSP\GAME\(PSP games)
or
X:\PSP\GAME\GAMEFOLDERNAME(ps1 games)
  • I`m serious!
  • PipPipPipPip
RPGer, you DO have custom firmware right? I'm just wondering, because if not what you're doing is pointless.

You need a Memory Stick Pro Duo for the PSP, at least a 2GB for you. If you don't have that, you'll need to buy one. From there, connect your PSP to your computer through the USB option. A pop up will come up and you'll be able to view a bunch of different folders on your PSP(if it's custom firmware). From there, you do what Aten said, move the ISO to this:
X:\PSP\GAME\(PSP games)
or
X:\PSP\GAME\GAMEFOLDERNAME(ps1 games)
Oh... I thought I could play it on computer. So it`s only possible if I have a PSP? That sucks.
  • Mario, Luigi, and their Gay Incestual Stories!
  • PipPip
Wow.  You just put everyone through all of this hell, trying to figure this out.

In any case, you'd need an emulator now.  But I don't think you're supposed to discuss that or warez or anything like that on GW, last I recall.

--Terin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Did you have to use size increase?
yes. are you stupid or something? "hey guys help me play this game i stole!!!!" do you really think this is the kind of place to ask that?

Oh... I thought I could play it on computer. So it`s only possible if I have a PSP? That sucks.
also, this answers my first question
  • I`m serious!
  • PipPipPipPip
Wow. You just put everyone through all of this hell, trying to figure this out.

In any case, you'd need an emulator now. But I don't think you're supposed to discuss that or warez or anything like that on GW, last I recall.

--Terin
In my defence, I had no idea. =P lousy excuse (more like no excuse at all) but still...

yes. are you stupid or something? "hey guys help me play this game i stole!!!!" do you really think this is the kind of place to ask that?
Oh come on. Like you never do this. Are you going to tell me you don`t download music on the internet? Very noble of you, but kinda stupid...

EDIT: Just took a quick peak at the rules. I actually didn`t realize I`m stealing the game. I`ve been doing this so much I kinda stoped seeing it as a crime. Anyway, I admit this is against the rules so if someone wants to lock this, by all means do so... And warn me for breaking the rules if you must... Sorry...
Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 06:12:30 pm by RPGer
  • Music Creator
  • PipPip
It's true that just about everyone on the planet earth that has used the internet averagely has stolen something of some kind from the internet.

However, emulation is not illegal, so this kind of thing can be discussed here.

I do recommend you buy a PSP, though, and actually buy the game your going to download. It's probably the new FF7 game right?

It's well worth it, and I think there is a way to play on your computer moniter if that's what you want.

Other than that, if you are flat broke, I don't see torrenting as immoral or illegal. The ones who must pay are the ones who have the money to buy it in the first place. (Which is ironic, because for some reason I know many a rich person that is huge on torrenting)

Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 03:20:50 am by james_the_composer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Other than that, if you are flat broke, I don't see torrenting as immoral or illegal
the legality of this situation is not a subjective matter. it is illegal.
  • Music Creator
  • PipPip
Well as far as the PSP goes, you should really buy one; thats all I know.

And as far as Torrenting goes, companies like Comcast have really put a stop to a lot of it by blocking ports.
  • Mario, Luigi, and their Gay Incestual Stories!
  • PipPip
Please don't necro-post in the future, i.e. bring up a post that has been dead for a while (this case -- almost a month).  If you had also read the posts, you would have seen that most of this stuff has already been answered, as well.

--Terin
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah i think this topic has pretty much served its purpose
no need to bring it up again