Fight Fight Night Round 4!! (Read 842 times)

• Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
It's funny that the one sequel we most wanted from EA is the one they've been most reluctant to develop:

May 7, 2008 - EA revolutionized boxing games with Fight Night. Not wanting to let a good thing rest for too long, EA is stepping back into the ring, announcing Fight Night Round 4 for PS3 and Xbox 360. Though Round 4 won't be hitting store shelves until 2009, EA is starting the hype train early.

"The EA Sports Fight Night franchise has always been synonymous with quality and innovation that raised the bar for the sports videogame genre," said Kevin Wilkinson, Executive Producer, EA Sports. "EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 was a platform defining game as the industry transitioned to next generation consoles. EA Sports Fight Night Round 4 will change how boxing games are played and measured in the future."

Developed by EA Canada, Fight Night Round 4 promises that "no fight will be the same." Along with adding more fighting styles, Round 4 features a new physics-based animation system that allows for more realistic-looking missed punches, glancing blows and jaw-rocking knockouts. The game engine is being completely re-written to allow for greater boxer diversity and "rough and tumble" inside fighting.

The full list of boxers has not been released, but a few names have been revealed. Muhammad Ali is back again and will be able to enter the ring with Sugar Ray Leonard, Lennox Lewis and "Iron" Mike Tyson, among others. You read that right -- Mike "That is a Tattoo on My Face" Tyson is making his return to videogames. Hallelujah.

Link!

• Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hope we can port our guys from Round 3, but I'll understand if I can't due to drastic increases in customisation. (Though I really want to port Crazy Indian over. That guy is a killer.)
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I was thinking about trying Fight Night 3 before, because I heard it was pretty darn good, and not just as a boxing game. I should really get around to it before this game comes out..

Also this game needs Rocky. It's just right.
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I really liked Fight Night 3. Pretty much the best boxing game around. Although I grew tired of it after hours and hours of playing (both single and with friends), it's still worth getting or at least renting if you like punching someone. Graphics and gameplay are top notch.

Fight Night 4 is definitely something I'll keep an eye on.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
my buddy made Rocky. It's funny using him to kick this nerd guy we made's ass. FN3 is fun man. Especially when one of the guys playing is high, because he'll laugh forever.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The only problem I had with Fight Night Round 2-3 was when people scummed the Hay makers and stuff, I preferred fighting without them like in 2004(which is still the best one) I tried to make Rocky, couldn't get the face right haha.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
(neither could my buddy, lol)
  • Samurai Kid
  • Pip
Fight Night is excellent... I used to play the 3rd game all the time, but eventually stopped because I was getting my ass kicked by all my friends. :(

I can't wait to play as Mike Tyson though, he's gonna be fierce!
FIVE HUNDRED TIMES FASTER THAN MIKE TYSON
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I sure hope that Mike Tyson's "illegal move" will be biting the opponents ear off.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Fuck that would be genius haha.