Topic: The Dark Knight (Read 7561 times)

• Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
  • Genericism is the phoenix of originality.
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
Cool.
I figured something else out about that; it doesn't matter who his family are in this Batman series, since they don't want to include Robin. I doubt they want to include Batgirl either. (kinda young for that anyhow)
Where is Robin, anyway? Are they just not including him because, well, he seems kinda lame to me (only having a small recollection of the last series of movies, I may be wrong), or is there an actual reason from the comics?
Upon arriving the attending doctor could find no abnormal physical symptoms other than extremely dilated pupils. After spending several hours terrified that his body had been possessed by a demon, that his next door neighbor was a witch, and that his furniture was threatening him, Dr. Hofmann feared he had become completely insane.
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I watched this Friday. Definitely my favourite superhero movie I've ever seen, but it's still far from being my favourite.

I agree that Christian Bale was nothing special, but man.. Michael Cain, Aaron Eckhart, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman.. Am I missing anyone? They all did amazing in this movie and they were the true stars of this great movie.
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Where is Robin, anyway? Are they just not including him because, well, he seems kinda lame to me (only having a small recollection of the last series of movies, I may be wrong), or is there an actual reason from the comics?

Because Robin is stupid and no one likes him.
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, Robin is retarded and he would definitely ruin the atmosphere that the director (I forget his name) has going with these new Batman movies.

I would not be opposed to a new Batgirl though!  :fogetnaughty:
  • Pip
I thought this movie was great for the listed reasons in the... 8 previous pages XD.

One thing though, wouldn't you agree that they sort of made the joker's plans a little too farfetched? Like I know Joker is supposed to be a step ahead of batman. Infact, when I think of anything batman I always remember joker darn right beating batman until the very end. But still, this movie made joker seem like some unstoppable force.

I thinked the played they "Oh, it's Joker he is meant to outsmart batman too much".
Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 01:01:13 pm by The Illusionist
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I thought this movie was great for the listed reasons in the... 8 previous pages XD.

One thing though, wouldn't you agree that they sort of made the joker's plans a little too farfetched? Like I know Joker is supposed to be a step ahead of batman. Infact, when I think of anything batman I always remember joker darn right beating batman until the very end. But still, this movie made joker seem like some unstoppable force.

I thinked the played they "Oh, it's Joker he is meant to outsmart batman too much".

About The Joker's plans: The film takes place 6 months or something after the first film. At the end of Batman Begins we learn that The Joker is around and doing some bad stuff but no one really cares. At the beginning of The Dark Knight they act as if he is just another common criminal ("he can wait" as Batman suggests). I'd like to think that The Joker used these 6 months to carefully plan the events that takes place in the second film.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • PEW PEW PEW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I dunno, I think
  • Moses
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah he definitely was using the double-sided one. He wouldn't actually do it, at that point at least!
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Did any of you guys like this a lot more then Batman Begins? For some reason I found Begins to be a bit on the boring side. But this movie kicks so much ass, it's after watching it again become a favorite.

• What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Did any of you guys like this a lot more then Batman Begins? For some reason I found Begins to be a bit on the boring side. But this movie kicks so much ass, it's after watching it again become a favorite.
Most of us.
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I dunno, I like Robin. He brings out another side of Batman. True, he wasn't portrayed very well in the previous movies, but he's a pretty awesome character even still. And knowing the first Boy Wonder's fate, kind of adds something to what could even happen in his first movie. Plus he's got all those great zingers that Batman is too stoic to say. lol
  • Ò_Ó
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Robin is invariably a horrible little faggot
  • rap singing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I wouldn't say a lot more, but I thought it was a bit better. I have a pretty high opinion of Begins though - since I don't read comics/know anything about the universes bar the barest details the origin stories are always interesting to me. Begins basically made me realise that comic book films could actually be really good.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
next step: do the same for Video Game flicks.
  • The Notorious M.O.G.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Bale said he's out if they bring in Robin.
  • lauren's givin head
  • PipPipPip
next step: do the same for Video Game flicks.

this is probably never happening. atleast comic books have some semblance of a story and in some cases really good stories and stuff. video games on the other hand, no matter how good the story, are based upon playing the video game first and foremost and then story. even then, most popular games would most likely end up being shit on the big screen. You probably saw how the Final Fantasy movies turned out and at best they were movies to just sit there, turn you brain off, and watch cloud ride around in motorcycles and fight bahamut.
  • Fascist
  • PipPipPip
this is probably never happening. atleast comic books have some semblance of a story and in some cases really good stories and stuff. video games on the other hand, no matter how good the story, are based upon playing the video game first and foremost and then story. even then, most popular games would most likely end up being shit on the big screen. You probably saw how the Final Fantasy movies turned out and at best they were movies to just sit there, turn you brain off, and watch cloud ride around in motorcycles and fight bahamut.
Never say never. Comics have been around nearly 100 years. When video games have been around for as long perhaps we'll finally see some good game movies. Of course game stories will have to improve like comic book stories have improved before that.
"I'm just a nationalistic Swedish-speaking Finn"
"Aivan, mutta suomalaiset juovat toki olutta."
 I never forget an Insult nor do I forget a compliment.
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, I just watched this and liked it a lot, although I don't really have anything to say that hasn't been brought up already: Heath Ledger great, Aaron Eckhart underrated, disguise voice annoying, etc. The Hong Kong bit seemed a bit pointless, though... I mean, I guess it was meant to show that Batman has no limits or whatever, but it still felt a little jarring to me. I guess it was beause Gotham itself played a pretty big part in what was going on and wasn't just a backround setting, so suddenly shifting the focus to the other side of the world for ten minutes seemed like a pretty odd thing to do.
http://harmonyzone.org
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
They should make PONG the movie. I bet it would be good.

I agree with Catamites. The first one was all about that ninja jazz, and it spent a lot of time in that icy tundra. Then it gave us the various areas of Gotham to gaze at; the Narrows, the Batcave, Wayne Manor, and the train. It had 'locations' that were easily definied, right. Then in Dark Knight, it was just... they're in a city, or a big room.