Movies Terminator Salvation(New Trailer!) (Read 5177 times)

• Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

Release Date - May 22nd 2009

Director - McG(Charlie's Angels Full Throttle, We Are Marshall)

Cast - Christian Bale(John Connor), Sam Worthington(Terminator), Anton Yelchin(Kyle Reese), Moon Bloodgood(Kick ass name haha/New Character), Bryce Dallas Howard(Kate Connor), Roland Kickinger(T-800)

IMDB Page.
Wikipedia Page.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Set in post-apocalyptic 2018, John Connor (Christian Bale), the man fated to be the leader of the human resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators, and the future he was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a Terminator whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus both embark on an odyssey that takes them into the heart of Skynet's operations, where they find out a terrible secret that may lead to the possible annihilation of mankind.

Still kinda skeptical about this movie, I mean McG isn't really the greatest director but.. I don't know I think I'll wait and see with this one.

Edit - New trailer released. Honestly.. It looks at least decent and it shows Christian Bale had a say in the movie. But to really say my thoughts on this I will have to wait and see it.
Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:54:06 am by Tau

• Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Didn't they like just start filming this? That's a very early teaser but quite alright. It's just there to alert us that the movie is coming.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • rap singing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The teaser looks alright and I'm hoping with Bale in the lead it'll be solid.

McG fucking annoys me though. He's a shit director from all I've seen and his name just makes him seem like an arrogant Hollywood twat. Still, remains to be seen whether he can pull this off so I'll wait until I see it.
  • The MONSTER that lives inside of your COUCH!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
AAAAAAAAAAAAH CHRISTIAN BALE IS PLAYING JOHN CONNOR?  That is hilarious and awesome.  I hope this will be good-- i don't know if I've ever seen Bale in a bad movie.
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The only thing I like about the teaser is the static leading into the song. The shots themselves are pretty epic. However, though Christian Bale is awesome I just don't see him looking similar to John Conner. Whatever though, he's still badass.

Also McG will ruin this movie.
  • :rite:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
the smashing pumpkins song hummer fits with this trailer perfectly *_*
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
AAAAAAAAAAAAH CHRISTIAN BALE IS PLAYING JOHN CONNOR?  That is hilarious and awesome.  I hope this will be good-- i don't know if I've ever seen Bale in a bad movie.
same
i hope its good just so that it keeps up bales reputation
  • thx ds k?
the trailer looks pretty good. i've always been a sucker for the terminator movies so i hope this is good! christian bale is a pretty good actor too so one can only hope...

they could have picked a better director but whatever.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
New trailer guys, it's in the first post as well.

• Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Not enough robots but it looks kinda cool. Can't be worse than T3...
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • thx ds k?
im a gigantic nerd for these movies so im looking forward to this very much
  • Insane teacher
dude who cares about CHRISTIAN BALE. it's a terminator movie sans arnold directed by McG. look up his credentials. this screenplay could honestly be by y2dazz.

really surprised by how much I'm running into Moon Bloodgood these days though.
brian chemicals
  • thx ds k?
McG :(​(((

but yeah like i said ive always had a fondness for the terminator series. even i can't defend t3, but i have high hopes for this one. that being said MCG :(​((
  • thx ds k?
also I like Christian Bale a lot. he's been a pretty consistently good actor. by that i mean he's kind of like will smith. he's not necessarily JIMMY STEWART QUALITY ACTING, but the movies he's in typically don't suck.
  • thx ds k?
also triple post but haha what:

According to a Nuts magazine interview, Bale stated that he will be in the running to play the role of Solid Snake in a Metal Gear Solid film adaptation, due for release in 2009.
  • The Lunatic Is On The Grass.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Well, Bale is very good with different accents, so I'd imagine he'd be able to pull off the rough voice Snake has...
He also resembles MGS1 Snake quite a bit to be honest.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Ive always wanted to see a terminator movie after Judgement day, the actual war between the terminators and us so hopefully this movie will finally do that. Those flashfoward scenes in the original Terminator movies were a great sneak peak into the awsome war which was going on in the future.. thats what I hope this movie will be.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
Sorry but two moments in the trailer made me laugh. The ROBOBIKES because you can't get anymore clicheaction than high-speed bike chases and that giant terminator rising up from the building at the end. Not because WOW RANDOM but because it's so what you expect these days. It just feels like it's going to be a paint-by-numbers action flick.
It's a shame as I really like the first two movies and the whole post-cyberpocalyptic world they created is etched into my mind. I love it. T3 was an appaulingly average movie and this just seems like it'll carry on the foot steps. When you get a good franchise and team it up with terrible directors...
  • Worthless Protoplasm
I like the setting and all but the movies feel less and less like Terminator movies and more like random apocalyptic action movie sort of thing

yeah and giant robots suck like oh no he might anime us to death

part of me is glad that they finally moved on and are doing all the future stuff but at the same time I always thought the appeal was like evil machine wreaking havoc on society like this alien invader and that doesn't really work if civilization as we know it is destroyed. I wish they'd just do it like the way the apocalypse was done in the other movies at least, that had potential for major epic in a movie-length form imo

Edit: Maybe it's just being nostalgic for that whole 80's/90's way of depicting the apocalypse. Like Escape from New York had a similar look maybe. This is too much like make it sort of look like Iraq because it's all sandy-like and there are armored troops and explosions
Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:07:35 am by Ragnar
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Hmm yeah the giant Terminator does seem a bit ridiculous and from the trailer is seems it wont be the judgment day we recognise from the original movies, I hope this doesn’t suck to bad...

I was hoping it would simply look like a bunch of Terminators walking over fields of corpses and scraps of metal like we see in the first 2 movies, is that really too much to ask   :shh:

http://steamsignature.com][/url]