Topic: Could use a little assistance here (Read 86 times)

• "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
All of a sudden, my FRAPS can no longer record RM2k3 games without crashing, touting a ddraw.dll error (what I can make out of the gibberish it bookends it with).

This is probably the wrong place for this, but I figured G&Ders would have a little more experience with this particular program and might be able to help me out.

I recently updated to DX9.0c, and everything went fine. I recorded several things from RM2k3 games afterwards.
I tried to install the new quicktime, I was told I needed SP2 to continue.
I downloaded SP3 and installed it.
I installed quicktime.
I lost the abbility to record RM2k3 games.

I tried rolling the system back to the pre SPK3 backup, but I was still unable to use FRAPS in RM without an immediate crash. It works in other apps, I can record in pretty much every game I have on the computer - just nothing in RM.

I reinstalled SP3 and quicktime, and still no dice.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Maybe because it's SP3? I heard there's some bugs regarding about that.
  • "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
It probably is - but the rollback didn't seem to undo it.

If there's no way around it, I guess I'll just have to bounce my games to another computer when I want to record stuff.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
Quick question, how do I record a longer video using FRAPS? I can only do 30 sec clips.
Adventurer's Life

Maps - 95%
Story - 10%
Sprites - 15%
Scripting - What scripting? :-P
  • BAA2U
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Try reinstalling the angelpotion codec that fraps uses.
  • It's that guy that nobody likes!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Never had that problem before...my FRAPS works fine (But that's probably because I bought the full version)  :hmm:

Happy 1st Anniversary - MONOPOLO!
Released April 2nd, 2009 - Right Here, On GW!

• PipPipPipPipPip
I'm using the full version. I got everything running again by uninstalling SP3 and going back to SP2. SP3 is still too undercooked for my taste - it turned my stable desktop into a schizophrenic wet cat that had been beaten, and made photoshop (which I've previously used to do magazine cover sized artwork) into something that struggled with resolving an image the size of a gum wrapper.