Microsoft Tekken 6 Smacking Xbox 360 (Read 450 times)

• Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Namco Bandai kicks off Tokyo Game Show with confirmation that long-awaited PS3 fighter will launch on rival console simultaneously in fall 2009.

The current generation of consoles has seen a number of longtime exclusive third-party games migrate to multiplatform releases. The Devil May Cry franchise was a Sony exclusive brand until the fourth installment debuted on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIII has also shed its exclusivity and will be appearing (in the West at least) simultaneously on Microsoft's and Sony's platforms.

Now, one more once-stalwart Sony exclusive has gone multiplatform, as Namco Bandai today opened up the 2008 Tokyo Game Show by revealing its arcade fighter Tekken 6 would be launching worldwide for the Xbox 360 in fall 2009, simultaneously with the previously announced PS3 edition. The Xbox 360 version of the game will mark the Tekken series' first installment on a non-Sony system since the 2002 Game Boy Advance experiment Tekken Advance.

Tekken project director Katsuhiro Harada--in an exclusive interview with GameSpot--said taking the Tekken series to more platforms would allow even more fans to enjoy the franchise.

"Timing was an important factor in this decision. As you have the 360 and the PS3--both relatively high-powered platforms--out at the same time frames. Both of them have high 3D specifications. And since Tekken is most famous for its graphics and visual design as a 3D fighter, we felt the high specs of these machines lend themselves very well to having the game on both consoles," he said.

Harada admits there will be challenges in taking Tekken 6 to the 360, given that the original arcade version was built on a PS3-based architecture. "When we tried to move it to the 360, it would be a lie to say I wasn't concerned. It is quite difficult. For example, on the PS3 you have the Blu-ray disc as well as the hard disk, which lends itself to a lot of options for the game. We don't necessarily have this for the 360, where it has a DVD and it may not have a hard disk by default. So there are various things that we have to overcome when porting this to the 360, but I'm sure we can do it," he said.

Tekken 6 will include a number of new characters which Namco Bandai said will result in the largest roster the series has seen to date. The game also expands on the way character customizability has been used in previous Tekken titles, with special items affecting gameplay and allowing new moves to be performed. The console versions of the arcade brawler will also feature online play.

This is just the latest example of Namco Bandai opening up its premiere franchises to multiplatform development. Xbox 360 launch title Ridge Racer 6 marked that series' first non-Sony console appearance since 2000's Ridge Racer 64, while Ace Combat had only flown the Sony skies on consoles before Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation launched on the 360 last year. The Namco Bandai multiplatform flow goes the other way as well; last year's Xbox 360 role-playing game Eternal Sonata debuts on the PS3 later this month.
Gamespot link.

TEKKEN 6 BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :cool:

• Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
tekken 6 is easily the worst tekken since tekken 4 tbh!

i haven't even played it but just from the subsystems and watching it in competitive play, it is the worst.  i want to know what the hell these guys were smoking when they came up with the rage system and the bounce system.

shit is boring to watch. worst thing at SBO '08 by far
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Man, if God of War 3 ends up on the Xbox too somehow, then Sony can get fucking screwed. I'll just buy the box.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I didn't really like the idea of the item system thing they added but what's the bounce thing your talking about HL. Also God of War can't go on 360 cause it's owned by Sony.. I think.

• Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I wonder if there's like some room somewhere, where japanese men in business suits negociate funding for their projects and basically hold a formal auction for the major console companies to bid on, and then they iron out the details as to how and when the games will be released, and when they can cross over to the other side as well.
Maybe they make flow charts... And power point presentations...

So they added an item system? Isn't that just like Soul Calibur? It said in that blast of text that the items allow you to do things you couldn't prior. I wonder what that means. Tell me, you can play as Gon with Spring Shoes and Bamboo Sword! I'd buy it.
They should have stuck to Tekken 5 formula -_-
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
tekken 6 is easily the worst tekken since tekken 4 tbh!
............. That just means that Tekken 5 was better.

But what the fuck? The fall of 2009? This game was out in arcades in 2007!

Yeah, that killed my excitement for this game a hell of a lot more. Bring on Street Fighter IV. Namco can go fuck themselves.
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Man, if God of War 3 ends up on the Xbox too somehow, then Sony can get fucking screwed. I'll just buy the box.

i doubt that'd happen

if they'd even think about it sony would probably shell a million bucks

incase you forgot it's published by sony itself

;/////
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
tekken tag ruled because it didn't even pretend to be one of those balanced qcf to qbf scrubs vs elites games, it was basically the PS2's version of smash bros.

who cares about normal tekken!
brian chemicals
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I wonder if there's like some room somewhere, where japanese men in business suits negociate funding for their projects and basically hold a formal auction for the major console companies to bid on, and then they iron out the details as to how and when the games will be released, and when they can cross over to the other side as well.
Maybe they make flow charts... And power point presentations...

I wonder if there's some room somewhere where japanese men in business suits discuss whether to have RAGE and BOUNCE systems for their new game project among various other systems like the BEAT and ZAP system
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I didn't really like the idea of the item system thing they added but what's the bounce thing your talking about HL. Also God of War can't go on 360 cause it's owned by Sony.. I think.

new system, some attacks make you bounce off the ground, makes longer combos, combined with rage everyone can take off an entire life bar basically, makes everyone not even try to kill you, just get you to the point JUST BEFORE you go into rage, and try to land a combo so you skip going into rage and die.

its boring
  • Guild Wars Vet.
  • PipPipPipPip
I think EVERYONE saw this one coming.
Yay! Random words!

"Hey don't hotlink images for your avatar. Upload it in GW Uploader or imageshack or something"
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
tekken tag ruled because it didn't even pretend to be one of those balanced qcf to qbf scrubs vs elites games, it was basically the PS2's version of smash bros.

who cares about normal tekken!

actually the onimusha fighting game WAS ps2 smash bros

like a copy of it, almost exactly the same except with samurai characters (and megaman)

but it sucked docks
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I think EVERYONE saw this one coming.
Yeah when you think about it, its not that surprising.
So many playstation franchises have jumped ship to the Xbox.
Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 07:05:00 am by Tau

• Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I wonder if there's some room somewhere where japanese men in business suits discuss whether to have RAGE and BOUNCE systems for their new game project among various other systems like the BEAT and ZAP system

When I go there, I'll investigate all detective-like.
  • Ryoko's future hubby
  • PipPipPipPip
So they added an item system? Isn't that just like Soul Calibur?

Or maybe just like Tekken 5 which also had items in it?  :fogetmmh:
Peace and Love
  • the darkest member
  • Pip
man that release date is ridiculous.  we should be getting bloodline rebellion before fall of 2009!

this sucks because i'll probably never take a real crack at tekken 6 then which is dissapointing because i think the game looks pretty good (with the exception of rage system and stupid bounce combos in the corner).

on the note of stupid bounce combos, i'm sure a lot of that will get fixed with bloodline rebellion (probably mostly wall stuff) since tekken 5 had a lot of stupid broke shit too that got fixed in dark resurrection.
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
The game also expands on the way character customizability has been used in previous Tekken titles, with special items affecting gameplay and allowing new moves to be performed. The console versions of the arcade brawler will also feature online play.
Special items? that affect gameplay? wtf this isn't a RPG, well at least it will have online play it's about time they added a feature like that.

I thought Tekken 4 was great, why didn't they just stick to the normal stlyed games.
Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:13:53 am by SupremeWarrior
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

• No, it doesn't stand for anything.
Or maybe just like Tekken 5 which also had items in it?  :fogetmmh:
It's not the same. Items in Tekken 6 can be used during the fights. For example, Bryan has a shotgun that he'll, well, shoot you with.
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Man I love using Bryan already but the fact that other people will be able to equip shotgun on online play is disturbing, I mean it won't be tekken anymore it will be more like item battles...the person with the best item equipped will win...
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/