Movies Last movie you watched? (Read 104065 times)

• Ò_Ó
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I watched Shooter with a buddy and some beers, it had that actor, what's his name, Poor Man's Matt Damon. Well whatever, it was pretty stupid. He shot some people though so I guess it does what it says on the "tin". I think the dog got shot too which is upsetting because I think dogs should get cuddles not bullets. That's just, like, my opinion though.
  • Lichens!
mark wahlberg
  • PEW PEW PEW
Quote from: wrongthread
we started watching the fountainhead in class and it is just unbelievable how silly and trite it is how do people tae it seriously

i mean i dunno how close it follows the boo_ but all the silliness is very RANDiAN. it's li_e if an awful sadomasochist romance novelist and a 5th grader living in a world of goods & evils with conservative parents collaborated to mae a story i am not exaggerating one bit. 5th grader is actually generous just picture a complete simpleton who can still read & write

meanwhile the professor is praising it for its insights into the spirit of an artist which is pretty disappointing because it's li_e a poorly plagiarized 'a hunger artist' or a thomas mann story mashed with a paranoid and loony conservative american perspective

oh it's mr. bergman from The Last Leaf by O. HENRY only childish and completely awful instead of childish and sentimental
  • Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I just watched Synecdoche, New York. Just wow... Crazy concept. Just. Wow. Executed pretty well, but could have been better. Mainly it was VEERY SLOOOOWW. I notice films like this like to drag on.

Near ending line that stood out as particularly strong. But... so depressing.

Also:

Also earlier:

This movie also only made me want to live forever even more.
  • Super Saiyan Sam
  • PipPip
warped, would you recommend seeing it? ive heard good things about it but only from my friends who like to name drop shit, so i dont really take their suggestions. i do love phillip seymour hoffman though...hes in it right?
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Watched two films over the last two nights. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Gosford Park. Loved one, the other was meh. (In that order actually).
  • Scanner
warped, would you recommend seeing it? ive heard good things about it but only from my friends who like to name drop shit, so i dont really take their suggestions. i do love phillip seymour hoffman though...hes in it right?
Yeah Hoffman is in it, he plays the main character. Like I said The concept is pretty damn unique. But you have to have some tolerance for slow moving movies and depressing stuff.

Acting is all excellent. It's also got a LOT of symbolism and just crazy shit. I'd say its a movie people should see, so yeah I recommend it.
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Poor Man's Matt Damon

i had to google search this

http://www.capohedz.com/typebrighter/2005/08/poor-mans-actor.html
keep posting...
  • Ultimaweapon9
  • PipPipPip
Burt Reynolds is the poor mans Sean Connery
Zachary Levi (guy from show "Chuck") is the poor man's Jimmy Fallon

Not sure I agree with these...most are pretty spot-on though.
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Also:

Also earlier:

This movie also only made me want to live forever even more.
to be honest if that is the message of the movie then ahhaha okay. it doesn't really elaborate the subject of perceived reality rather than having a unelaborated one-sided view of life or fate in itself! (VERY hollywood great follow of mindfuck tradition) kinda wallows in the misery in the discovery and anxiety of discovering the nature of individuality.
or maybe i misunderstood and there is a chance that the message of the movie is pragmatical - FUCK ALL EXPECTATIONS AND ESPECIALLY GIVENS, LIVE HARDER ACTIVE MORE PRESENT but i think i'm expecting too much. 

i'm not picking on you btw warped! i just read the spoilers and grunted in dissatisfaction, the hairy hand of justice hovering over the post reply - button...
  • Scanner
Nah I didn't think you were. Yeah I didn't agree with the idea behind the movie but it was still pretty interesting. It was a movie that made me think. Even if occasionally it was about how I disagree with the message.

Also, in an effort to stay awake through the night to fix my sleeping schedule (that actually worsened it) I watched The Blues Brothers and The Boondocks Saints for the first time. Both excellent movies.

I also Watched the first half of Citizen Kane for the first time. But I was interrupted by the fact that I had to go to class.
  • Scanner
Got to the end of Citizen Kane.

I do not think it is the best film ever made. But it was pretty damn good for it's time I imagine. And it didn't age too badly.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I watched Machete which was pretty f*cked up. I dont normally watch B-movies but had to check it out with the cast it has.

It was shot with a retro/cheesy 80's feel to it, almost in the style of Quentin Tarantino. The cast were as f*cked up as the movie with Lindsay Lohans playing her role naked and that ginger kid from Spy Kids playing a hardcore mexican gang member.

It also had Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Steven Seagal, Michelle Rodriguez and half the cast from Dusk Till Dawn. It obviously isnt a movie you can take seriously but maybe something to watch with friends when your getting stoned or if your in the mood to check out Lindsay Lohans tits.

I did think Michelle Rodriguez looked amazing in her bra and eye-patch though, no really.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • Ultimaweapon9
  • PipPipPip
My friends and I had a Halloween party last night and we watched Monster Squad, Audition, My Name Is Bruce, and Dead Alive.

I had never seen Monster Squad or Audition and I really liked both of them.  Good stuff.
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Cashback.  Some good light entertainment, exactly what I was looking for tonight. 
keep posting...
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Cashback.  Some good light entertainment, exactly what I was looking for tonight. 
ugh. i couldn't get in to that movie. glad you just see it as light entertainment though and not some piece of legendary indie art.
http://www.fallingbot.com/
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah I don't know how anyone would see it that way when it's typical romantic comedy fare with a surreal twist and fairy tale ending.  I really dislike when people deem something like this or Garden State or Punch Drunk Love as groundbreaking indie art house when it's really just courtship between awkward characters.
keep posting...
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Paranormal Activity 2. It was alright. Didn't find it as scary as the first one - maybe because I watched that one alone at night whereas this time I saw it at a theatre with friends. There were more sudden frights but nothing really chilling. Still I enjoyed the atmosphere in the theatre as I laughed a lot at everyone jumping out of their seats everytime there was a sudden bang and whatnot.
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Is that yet another movie that banks on cheap surprise scares?  I've heard people talk about it more than most horror movies and figured there was a little substance to it.
keep posting...
  • TV people want to leave
Is that yet another movie that banks on cheap surprise scares?

I've not seen it but going by the SA review yeah it is.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates