Topic: Last movie you watched? (Read 104065 times)

• GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I used to list Jacob's Ladder as one of my favorite movies on this forum but shh don't tell anyone that.  I caught it on TV the other day and found it a lot more bland and uninteresting than I remember.  Adrian Lyne is actually the worst.
Yeah, I remember watching this film after hearing about how awesome it was as a thriller and by the end of it I was so disappointed! I don't really see what all the hoopla was about. And this is coming for a person who enjoys sudden plot twists most of the time.
Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:48:32 pm by Mateui
  • I'm listening.
  • PipPipPipPip
Currently drinking some beer and watching a decent film called "Lord of the G-Strings." I give it XXX stars.

\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Just saw Up, that is an amazing film. Funny yet applying the right amount of seriousness as well. Pixar can do no wrong.

• now das fresh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
i just watched Bruno. it was ok. i liked borat more, it seemed more awkward and closer to a mockumentary. There were a couple interviews bruno did, especially the ones at the austrian metal/holocaust (?!?!) concert, and the real terrorist guy (although it was short and not funny really it was crazy). There was an awful lot of penis in the movie, thats for sure. I'm no prude but all the sex shit in that movie was a little much for me. It seems like a cheap laugh for drunk college bros.
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I watched Voskhozhdeniye (The Ascent) on TCM last night.  It's a 1977 Soviet film about two WWII Soviet partisans on the search for supplies.  They end up royally screwed in German-occupied territory, making some very difficult decisions.  It's a very depressing movie.

I really like the Russian IMDB comments about this one:

One day you'll understand that to die is much truly than to live, 4 September 1998:

Author: Max Kobzev ([email protected]) from Moscow, Russia

This greatest movie gives us clue to the depth of our souls in most deadly moments of our lives. My heart is shrinking every time I saw the scene of hanging. I have no words any... You must see this brilliant picture.

keep posting...
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I watched Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky last night, and it's the most insane display of violence and hilariously bad voice acting I've ever seen (watched it dubbed).

"You've got a lot of guts, Oscar!"

keep posting...
  • I fear and I tremble
ahaha that looks awful
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Dead man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I watched Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky last night, and it's the most insane display of violence and hilariously bad voice acting I've ever seen (watched it dubbed).

"You've got a lot of guts, Oscar!"

that clip reminds me of Grappler Baki.

around 3:15 and on ward.
Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:16:50 pm by DDay
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• PEW PEW PEW
I watched Queens of Cologne, a surrealistic film based on true events surrounding a group of drag queens in germany. the parabolic autopsy is a good example of a corksrew junger deutsche film scene but overall the film does not stand up to other, more well-known JDF. the international durchbruch erzielte Wim Wenders in 1977 with "the amerikanische freund". the verfilmung a romans von gay interested him much mehr fur the psychologie der protagonisten als fur die ausgeberen spannungsmomente. nachdem ein hamburger handwerker von seiner todlichen krankheit erfahren hat begeht er morde gegen bezahlung. I dunno. just watch Paris, Texas or something by herzog instead
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Haha I remember watching The Story of Ricky. Especially the last fight is hilarious.

Anyways the last movies I've seen are..

Public Enemies - I was really looking forward to this, and when I finally went to see it, I found it boring. It was too long and some of the scenes were just way too stretched (like the shooting scene near the end, ugh). It wasn't a bad movie, just expected more from it.

Inglourious Basterds - Loved it from the start to the end. I think it nailed it in pretty much all aspects. I loved the story, the characters and the dialogue. It was very Tarantino-like movie (which to me is not a bad thing) but it also felt somewhat different from his previous films (maybe it's the setting).

District 9 - Absolutely great movie. I don't really have much more to say, if you haven't seen it yet, go see it now. One of the best sci-fi movies I've ever seen.

big thanx to dragonslayer for sig!
Yesterday I reviewed Mr.and Ms.Smith!
Do you want to try myspace backgrounds?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I saw Sorority Row on sunday and it was terrible. I thought it would be alright because there were naked chicks and stuff but nope.

All of the acting was terrible, save for Princess Leia, and what pissed me off the most was the twist at the end where the killer is this random fucking guy who has no motivation and has been on screen for a total of 5 minutes the whole movie so you don't really give a shit who he is anyway.

Honestly I think I went because I saw a sneak peak where a girl got a glass bottle shoved down her throat and then had it broken by being hit in the throat, which was pretty sweet! I thought the rest of the movie maybe was just as good...

Do not see this movie under any circumstances.
  • professional disappointment
downloaded and watched the movie yellowbeard purely because it's one of the few movies written by peter cook(if only co-written) that's actually available on the internet. despite having a really outstanding cast, the movie is terrible.

it's the sort of movie you can really enjoy if you're 8 years old and going through some fierce PIRATE phase. i feel pretty stupid for even watching it, but any movie with both spike milligan and peter cook in it is at least worth trying out.
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
House of 100 corpses......... it sucked, and jekyll and hyde that sucked more, its the worst horror movie ive seen all year.
  • professional disappointment
David Lynch's Rabbits

yeld a bdek cufniar by a sotes letah wwonkt'n odi

dettimre psit ahtk nihtt' noditub TUOHC NYLER UGIF dluocih siw a dnik i nees reveev 'igniht gnik cufts egnarts
  • Buttkiller
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i literally just watched repulsion and it owns hard. roman polanski owns. 1965 owns
  • PEW PEW PEW
ah yes little irish king

edit: I take it back it's not him
Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:38:33 pm by earl
  • Lichens!
I watched Observe and Report a few days ago, and I think it was okay but the person I was watching it with wasn't the best for the movie, and I don't think anybody really liked the whole flasher thing anyway.
  • Scanner
Watched Adventureland. It was OK. Kinda slow. It advertised itself as a comedy... its more of a drama with bits of comedy here and there.
  • TV people want to leave
I am in a film comedy class this semester so I have so far been watching silent films including

Coney Island - Short film with Buster Keaton, Fatty Arbuckle, and Al St. John.  It was fine, but a bit too slapstick for me to be consistently entertained with it.

The Playhouse - This one features several Buster Keatons, enjoyed this quite a bit--I was really impressed with the special effects from that time period, managing to have several Buster Keatons on stage at the same time at the same speed was a hell of a feat to pull off in the 20s.  Also Keaton's appearance as the monkey was p. amazing.

Sherlock Jr. - The most narrative-driven thing we've watched so far, also starring Buster Keaton.  My favorite out of the three, just because like I said it's more of a full story than just a series of gags or skits.  Also, even though this was added in many, many years later (especially because ELECTRIC GUITAR and JAMES BOND music weren't around in the 20s) the soundtrack was p. awesome.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates