Topic: Last movie you watched? (Read 104065 times)

• TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
This

Thanks for correcting me!  I can't believe I made such a mistake.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
jet li was also in hero...........
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I dunno, Jackie Chan makes pretty good movies.
  • now das fresh
  • Group: Member
thats one of those movies that if somebody told you it was a joke from some photoshop topic at sa you'd believe it.
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Jet li was in that movie called THE ONE which I thought was pretty good
The One and Romeo Must Die are the only real Jet Li movies I like.

Watched Zombieland.. hadnt even seen a trailer for it before watching it, wasnt expecting it to make me laugh which it did.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • Artistian - The Amidian Corp.
  • Pip

I love Jackie Chan. Sure, his movies aren't rocket science, but they're
plenty entertaining. New Police Story and Drunken Master were brilliant, the
Tuxedo was lame but wasted a couple of hours in a pleasant way.

On that note, I saw The Boys and Girls guide to Getting Down yesterday.
It's a Mockumantary/Guide to going out to clubs and parties. I got some
good laughs, the whole premise is borderline ridiculous but a lot of things
seem infuriatingly true.

Before that I saw 'You kill me', starring Ben Kingsley in a brilliant role
and Tea Leoni in a somewhat less annoying part that I'm used to. It's a black
comedy that is scarce on jokes and has a ridiculous story, but is somehow
really inviting. It made me laugh at points I didn't expect it to.

I also saw Nothing to Lose, an older film by Steve Oedekerk (Kung Pow), starring
Tim Robbins, Martin Lawrence and John McGinley (scrubs). I loved seeing the latter
in this role, found Lawrence to be his annoying self and noticed that Tim Robbins
was once again typecasted. Not at all a bad thing, really. Not necessarily brilliant,
but entertaining nontheless.
The only thing dumber than an argument on the Internet is the same argument in real life.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at PokePlushies!

Join me in SSBB!
Friendcode: 2149-0333-0036, Name: DEZ
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
Just seen Crank 2: High Voltage. It's one crazy film. Funny as hell tho.

Half way throug Showtime as well.
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Zombieland was real good I thought. The main character did seem a lot like Michael Cera and Tallahassees tragic backstory seemed a little slapped on but overall it was a real nice movie
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Jet Li's "Legend" (Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk 1&2) movies are also pretty good. Heck, Twin Warriors, The Defender/Bodyguard from Beijing, and Fist of Legend are some of my favorites out of the entire martial arts genre (the last one for obvious reasons). The Once Upon a Time in China series was pretty good, but the "ah ha, people eat dogs" humor (while minor) bothered me just enough to taint the movies for me - same goes for an early one of his "Shaolin Temple."

I enjoyed Kiss of the Dragon, but that was the point where the luster really started to fade. I liked that it was more of the hard hitting brutal stuff, as opposed to the "pretty" wire work, but the problem is that at a certain point - you've done all the good fight scenes you're going to do. A scene where he promptly runs into an enemy dojo in the middle of a police department (been a while since I saw it, so this could be slightly skewed) was just an excuse for him to go off on a crowd of people using scenes from his earlier movies as the obvious template.

Another really good movie is "Millionaire's Express" starring Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao. I lucked into it totally by accident when it came on as a late night movie once. It is an Eastern Western with a liberal dose of comedy and a strong ensemble cast. There's a some Chaplin style slapstick, a pinch of gangster movie intrigue, an old west style bank heist, and lots of Hong Kong style action. Sure, you have to put up with the Russian military making a drag wearing Sammo dance for a few seconds, but the rest of the movie EASILY makes up for it.
Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • MR. Roboto
Last movie I saw was the Dark Crystal on DVD.  This is my second time seeing it.  I was about 10 when I first saw it.  I thought it was awesome back then and continues to be awesome to this day.  Most movies I've seen as a kid don't live up to the fond memories.  Beautiful art direction.  The style and strangeness of it all is still seen today in films like Pan's Labrynth and Hellboy.  I'm happy for that. 
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
One Jet Li movie I didn't mind was Unleashed(Danny The Dog) I'm not sure why but that movie was awesome giving off some crazy brutal fight scenes and a twisted man trying to show his "Ownership" over Jet Li character.

A movie I saw recently was The Mist, that movie has one of the most crazy endings man. The whole movie was just this weird trippy Half Life-ish story with the whole opening a gate to another world then being invaded by that planets inhabitants.
Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:59:40 pm by Tau

• ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Zombieland was real good I thought. The main character did seem a lot like Michael Cera and Tallahassees tragic backstory seemed a little slapped on but overall it was a real nice movie

I just watched it. And yes I agree he does seem a lot like michael cera. He has a more manlike stance though  :welp:​.

I liked that old guys backstory. It was sort of sad it made a lot more sense and the sadness kicked in just then

overall I liked it. Next movie I'm going to watch is Ong Bak II. I liked the 1st first and heres to hope that the 2nd will be good as well.
  • w007 w007 and double w007
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I just saw the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I think it was good I really don't know. Tom Waits was easily the best thing about this film.
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

That movie was a lot better than I expected it to be. It was obliviously made by people of a certain generation that liked a certain type of movies for people of a certain generation who liked a certain type of movie. And damn, I fall right into the target public.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I just saw the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I think it was good I really don't know. Tom Waits was easily the best thing about this film.

Wait is this out? I have been waiting for this movie for a long time but no previews or anything???
I can't imagine I wouldn't have heard something about its release what with heath ledger and all.
  • w007 w007 and double w007
  • PipPipPipPipPip
It came out in the UK on Friday. I don't know about anywhere else though, sorry. I can imagine that it's out in the US.
  • TV people want to leave
has anyone seen where the wild things are yet because i will not be seeing it until next weekend and i want to know if it is amazing or just great
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • I fear and I tremble
PSYBURN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Buttkiller
  • PipPipPipPipPip
has anyone seen where the wild things are yet because i will not be seeing it until next weekend and i want to know if it is amazing or just great

great
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
actually i saw it tonight and though it was pretty great to see the wild things interact, the whole movie felt like it was trying too hard to be trendy

really i will probably get flack for this but ugh the soundtrack really detracted from the movie! i think the music bothered me because it didn't really fit with what was going on onscreen and kind of confused me. sometimes the movie had me feeling sorry for some of the characters but then you have a whispery female singer with a guitar and a group of children singing folk songs in the background and it made me think 'wait maybe im not supposed to feel sorry for this character...?'

also there was one character (my favorite from the book) that didn't really do much for most of the movie, and i knew he would be given some built up moment of redemption, but when it came it was terribly weak and overplayed. i hope i am not oversensitive to the whole movement but it most reminded me of sunshine cleaning when the characters would say something that barely even made sense in an attempt to be clever and edgy

i would still give it a 7 or 8 of 10 as a movie but it was nowhere near the magical reiteration of my childhood that the trailer and the reviews made it out to be