Topic: Last movie you watched? (Read 104064 times)

• kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I heard that tron legacy was a terrible movie. However, it is a Tron movie. What the fuck do you expect? You know that at the very best, it's going to be generic/mildly enjoyable.
  • PEW PEW PEW
You're being sarcastic/not serious here right?

Avatar's story was shit. I didn't give a fuck about the characters, the plot was trite and very predictable, the villains were comical cardboard cutouts, the dialogue had me rolling my eyes consistently. Ugh it was so terrible. The only redeeming qualities were that the actors weren't bad and the 3D was purty dur hur.
yeah, some guys were talking about avatar the other day and I didn't say anything then so I posted it online

it really is unbelievable how many people are convinced it's really good and iirc critics loved it, so. I haven't seen tron but I'd like to, it looks like it might not be offensively dumb. my dad and I ahve been talking, we've been looking for a new dumb action movie that isn't painful to watch/trying to be gritty and serious. there hasn't been one in ages, but it looks like tron may be a candidate
  • TV people want to leave
yeah tron definitely isn't the best or most well made story but it's not disgustingly dumb either.  if you go in expecting tron you'll be fine, i think the people who are disappointed by it were expecting something it obviously wasn't going to be.

i found it to be incredibly fun and left smiling.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • The Corrector
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I just watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  I wish I hadn't waited so long to see it, because it was quite good.  It's rare that a non-Pixar movie makes me laugh as much as this movie did, and it had some of the coolest action scenes I've seen in a while. 
  • I fear and I tremble
I finally finished watching all of the wire and all I have to say is....I fucking hate what they did with omar, I fucking hate it...
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Just finished watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.. Why the fuck that cute dumb bitch jumped into the clouds..
Lo Dark cloud was pretty cool, just learned that he was the inspiration for the design of Prince of Persia..
  • The Corrector
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Just finished watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.. Why the fuck that cute dumb bitch jumped into the clouds..
Lo Dark cloud was pretty cool, just learned that he was the inspiration for the design of Prince of Persia..
I don't know how you did that.  That movie was like 32 hours long.
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
it was barely two hours man. why do people always complain about the length of movies. if it's 4 hours or something and not really that interesting then okay i guess (but the length of it wasn't the problem) but why are people like THIS FILM DOES NOT JUSTIFY IT'S 126 MINUTE RUNTIME.....115 MINUTES WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ACCEPTABLE. the length is never the problem.

this is Not Important but i'm the police $-$-$
Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:18:34 am by jamie
  • The Corrector
  • PipPipPipPipPip
it was barely two hours man. why do people always complain about the length of movies. if it's 4 hours or something and not really that interesting then okay i guess (but the length of it wasn't the problem) but why are people like THIS FILM DOES NOT JUSTIFY IT'S 126 MINUTE RUNTIME.....115 MINUTES WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ACCEPTABLE. the length is never the problem.

this is Not Important but i'm the police $-$-$
it's called an exaggeration.  I know the movie was only 2 hours long, but it felt much, much longer because it was incredibly boring.
  • Administrator
Can anyone tell me why she jumped?

EDIT:
Idon't know, I wasn't really bored while watching it..Zhang Ziyi was really cute.
Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:47:55 am by Hero Bash
whether it's boring or not doesn't really matter about what i was saying. maybe it is, i don't think i've seen it and i don't like action movies anyway but i just don't like the attitude that movies have to be brief and that this even has anything to do with anything.
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I've been watching a TV show called "Pennies From Heaven". I've only seen two episodes but it's really great so far. It's like a cross between bleak social realist drama and a frothy fred astaire musical where people suddenly begin to mime along to old 40s pop songs in the middle of these dour and depressing conversations etc and the way these two things intersect or split apart. Also it's wellwritten wellacted etc and I kind of like how it's kind of an attempt to mess around with ideas etc instead of just winding up a high-concept that doesnt mean anything and watching it scuttle along for as many seasons as possible.
http://harmonyzone.org
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
i thought you just said "penis from heaven" and I don't think that's the kind of movie this topic's about!
  • Ultimaweapon9
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Yeah, Tron Legacy sucked.  That's the last thing I've seen at the theaters, and it was dumb to the point of being insulting.

I've always heard great things about David Cronenberg, so I decided to check out a couple of his movies.  I went with Videodrome (because it's so highly recommended) and eXistenZ (because I liked the premise) and both were pretty mediocre.  I still plan on checking out The Fly and Scanners, but I'm not really impressed so far.
  • Scanner
What? Why do you think Tron is dumb?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I saw true grit on xmas and forgot to say anything. it was pretty good maybe even really good, but you kinda have to pretend john wayne never existed because otherwise jeff bridges will be a constant comparison and probably not measure up

it was really cool, funny, and maybe one of the only western movies i enjoyed.
  • Ultimaweapon9
  • PipPipPip
What? Why do you think Tron is dumb?

Plot holes that you could drive an enormous truck full of other trucks through, not to mention a pretty awful script complete with useless and underdeveloped characters, and quite frankly a boring virtual world.
I saw Winter's Bone last night. It wasn't bad, it's about a 17 year old girl who needs to look for her dad to save her family's house, and she meets a whole bunch of awful people. It's set in a really poor rural area of Missouri.

Whenever I watch films set in the south I always wonder how much of the dialogue is supposed to be stylized and literary and how much is supposed to reflect how people actually talk there. Cos there's always this extreme economy of words that say a lot, and a lot of figurative stuff. I heard Winter's Bone was supposed to be an authentic kind of portrayal of this part of the world but it felt pretty stylized and even surreal to me at certain points (like the guy everyone is really scared of in the movie). The way it was structured like a kind of detective movie, as well.

It got a little hokey at certain points but uh I'm reassessing what hokey means because I can be kind of hokey myself I've realized and I think I just turned my nose up at any blunt, bare expression of feelings but sometimes subtlety and restraint really isn't the thing.
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Just watched Triangle. All I have to say is just wow. I'll be scratching my head for days trying to figure it out. I loved it! (If you plan on seeing it though I'd advise against reading any reviews or trailers. It's best to go into it cold. That's the advice I was given and I'm glad I followed it. I looked at the trailers afterwords and they pretty much spoils a huge part of the film!)
  • I fear and I tremble
Whenever I watch films set in the south I always wonder how much of the dialogue is supposed to be stylized and literary and how much is supposed to reflect how people actually talk there. Cos there's always this extreme economy of words that say a lot, and a lot of figurative stuff. I heard Winter's Bone was supposed to be an authentic kind of portrayal of this part of the world but it felt pretty stylized and even surreal to me at certain points (like the guy everyone is really scared of in the movie). The way it was structured like a kind of detective movie, as well.

I don't really understand what you mean by this I guess by figurative speaking you mean like metaphoric sayings and stuff like that?  Or accents? Older people generally use more figurative speech but thats a given I think. 
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS